The Roommate

Behind That Bright Smile [Sequel to Behind the Thick-Framed Glasses]

 

 

✻ chapter two:
the roommate
eun mi's pov
 

 

I walked towards the boy on my bed and got a better look of him. He was quite young, had short curly blonde hair that was all over the place, and soft-looking skin. He was wearing baggy black pants, a black graphic tee, and had a mask on his chin.

I slowly lifted a finger and poked his cheek, which was soft and squishy. But he kept snoring, not waking up. I poked him again, but with a little bit more force. He made a small grunting noise and turned the other way, still not waking up.

I blew my bangs off my forehead. This time, I tickled his bare feet that were hanging off the edge of the bed. The boy immediately woke up. "H-hey, that tickles!"

When he sat up his head hit the head board and I stumbled back a few feet. He finally saw me and there was a few seconds of silence before he started to scream.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

"WHY DID YOU TICKLE ME?!??" He pointed at me accusingly.

"WHY ARE YOU IN MY APARTMENT?" I shouted back.

"THIS IS MY APARTMENT TOO!!!" He screamed back.

"SINCE WHEN?!??" I hollered back.

"SINCE TWO HOURS AGO!!"

"I DON'T CARE, GET OUT!!" I took my pillow and started whacking him with it. "I DON'T KNOW YOU! GET OUT! OUT!!"

"YA!!" He tried to shield himself with his arms and stumbled to the door of my room but I didn't stop abusing him with the pillow. "Stop!!"

"No!"

Whack.

"You're-"

Whack.

"-a-"

Whack.

"creeper!"

Whack.

"You broke into-"

Whack.

"my house!"

Whack.

"I'm not a creeper!!"

Whack.

"Get out before I call the police!"

Whack.

"But I'm not-"

A knock came from the front door and I froze. The pillow was still in the boy’s face.

"Eun Mi? Are you okay?" It was L.Joe. He probably heard the loud racket and came to see what was wrong. I quickly stuffed the pillow in the blonde boy's hands and pushed him into the bathroom.

"Ya, I'm-"

I shut the door closed in his face and whispered through the door. "SHHHH! Keep quiet, okay? Don't do anything stupid!"

L.Joe called from outside again. "Eun Mi? Everything alright in there?"

“Coming!” I hollered. I went to the front, took the black sneakers that must belong to the boy, and threw them into the nearest closet. The last thing I needed was for L.Joe to think I was cheating on him and living with another guy. I smoothed my hair, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

L.Joe was standing there with a concerned look on his face. “I heard you yelling at something in there. Are you okay?”

I stepped outside and closed the door, leaning against it to face my boyfriend. “Uh, y-yeah! Of course I’m okay, why wouldn’t I be?”

He raised an eyebrow skeptically at me and I bit my lip, hoping he’d believe me. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” A loud thud came from inside my apartment, followed by something falling to the ground. I winced as L.Joe strained his neck to see through the window.

“What was that?” L.Joe said, curious.

“Uh…” I tried to block his view and moved in front of him. “I’m moving my stuff around. It was probably a box falling over or something.”

“Oh, really? Do you need any help? I could-“

“Absolutely not!” I cried. “Er, I mean no, I’m fine. I can do it by myself.”

There was another loud crash and I winced again. L.Joe moved to the right and I moved with him, not letting him see what was happening inside. “I’m going to go in now. I’ll be fine.” I tried to reassure him.

L.Joe sighed. “Alright, if you say so.” He leaned down and gave me a kiss on the forehead. “See you tomorrow at school.”

“Y-you too.”

Once I saw L.Joe turn a corner and disappeared out of my sight, I let out the breath I had been holding in. I was surely the worst actress that ever walked on the face of the earth. I went back inside and marched to over to the bathroom that held the mysterious boy. I called out to him, “You can come out now.”

I didn’t hear a response so I opened the bathroom door. The boy was standing on the toilet seat and had the plunger in his hands, pointed at me like a sword. We stared at each other before he answered the one question I had in my head.

“There was spider… and it crawled up there”- he pointed at the wall- “so I hit it with this thing…”

“Okaaaaaaaaaaay then.” I said, backing away. “Just put it down and get out here so I can ask you some questions.”

He did as he was told, jumped off the toilet, and followed me out to the main room. "Who was at the door?"

“Why are you here?” I ignored his question and asked my own.

“I’m your new roommate!” He answered. “I’m moving in today!”

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. “You’re my new what?!”

He pointed at the letter I had dropped on the floor. “Did you even read that yet? I think you should.”

I had completely forgotten about the letter. I picked it up, took out the piece of paper form the envelope, and began to read it.

 

Dear Ms. Park,

This letter is here to inform you about the arrival of your new houseguests. They have agreed to pay their share of the rent and will arrive in your apartment later today. Sorry for the late notice and thank you for cooperating with us.

-Owner of Apartment 394-

 

I looked up from the letter and at the boy, the person who would share my already tiny apartment with me from now on. He wasn’t a burglar, just my new roommate. “Oh… I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. I just assumed because I’ve never seen you before… and…”

“It’s okay. You didn’t know. I would have acted the same way too.” The blondie smiled. “Well, not the same exact way but similar.”

I sighed a sigh of relief. “Well then, can we introduce ourselves properly?”

“Of course!” He nodded. “I’m Choi Joon Hong, but you can call me Zelo.”

Zelo… that name sounded slightly familiar, but I don’t know why. Maybe I heard it somewhere before? “Nice to meet you, Zelo. I’m Eun Mi!” I said, shaking the thought away.

He giggled. “I know.”

“Huh?”

“Oh, nothing.” My new living partner sat down on my bed again and continued watching his Hello Baby show. “I’m just going to keep watching TV until my other hyungs come.”

“Other hyungs…?” I trailed off as I remembered what I read in the letter.

 

…your new houseguests. They have agreed to pay their share….

 

No way. I was going to have more than one houseguest? That cannot be possible. I looked up at the blonde boy again. “Zelo, please don’t tell me you’re not alone...”

Just then a knock came from the front door once again. "Zelo, we're here with your stuff!"

Before I could do anything, five other boys walked into my apartment holding boxes and suitcases and backpacks. 

Living with one boy was one thing, living with six boys was something else.

 


▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

✻ author's note the dorky me
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION: No, Eun Mi will not be living with all six boys, that would be just insane. NOW, TO CONFUSE YOU EVEN MORE: Uh, okay. I have nothing else to say to make you more confused, so... bye!

~Ljjang창조♪