Tough Love

Love Story

 

MyungSoo stood against the back wall of the school and waited. Foot steps came rushing over to him and he straighten up. Suzy came smiling and hopping.

"MyungSoo!"

Suzy, the girlfriend of his for many years, never once had he thought her to be anything but cheerful and polite but after what had happen to YuNi the other day in front of the school he wasn't sure if he really knew Suzy at all. MyungSoo stare at her for a moment and then let out a sigh.

"Why did you want to met here?" Suzy ask smiling as if everything was okay. She knew his situation with YuNi and it was her who led the anger crowd to hurt YuNi.

"To save you face."

"Huh?"

"I don't want anyone to see or hear what I'm about to say to you."

"Okay"

"What you did the other day, I will let it pass this one time. But next time don't expect me to be so nice. You hurt YuNi and weather you like it or not she means something to me."

"Is that all you wanted to talk about? YuNi?"

"That's all I have to say to you. Leave her alone or else it will be hard for you. I can't stand it when she's hurt."

 

YuNi sat up against her bed and look up to the sky threw her window. Home school was no fun, she had finish all her assigments and had talked to her teacher by phone to set up her exit packet for school. There was about six weeks left for the school year and she will be done. MyungSoo and her were graduating. She didn't have plans for after high school and she wasn't too sure she wanted to stay here. The Kim family was nice to her and protected her but there was a sense of burden hanging around and she didn't like the feeling of it. All the university she had applied for had all accepted her she just had to pick which one she wanted to attend to. The money her parents left her would last her for a very long time so money was no issue for her. Her only issue was being a coward and MyungSoo. How would she tell him that she was leaving? He had been so good to her how could she just pack everything and leave? But then he needed to live his life too. He had too, he had a bright future ahead of him and YuNi was proud of him.

MyungSoo had decided to go into the army and serve his two years after high school. Afterwards his full ride to Soul University would be waiting for him. He had said he wanted to get into criminal and justice but he haven't pick a major yet. He knew one thing for sure, he was going to work for the government. Even though he didn't really like them he decided he could make a difference by joining them. Besides he grew up with two government working parents people knew who he was and they knew how much of a asset he would be to the team.

YuNi close her eyes and try to imagine her life with no MyungSoo. It would be hard, lonely and painful.

"What are you doing?" MyungSoo's voice made YuNi open her eyes and turn towards his voice.

MyungSoo was in a black t-shirt and sweats. He held a glass of water and a worry look was on his face.

"Nothing" YuNi stands up. "When did you get home?"

"Ten minutes ago."

"I made pasta."

"I smelled it, it smells good." He study her. "Are you okay?"

YuNi nods. "Yeah, I'm just glad your home."

MyungSoo cross his arms on his chest. "Don't tell me you been in your room all day again."

YuNi bit her lip. He didn’t like it when she hid in her room all day. It wasn’t good for her and it wasn’t helping her make progress. "Not all day, I went down for breakfast and I cooked pasta."

MyungSoo sighs. "Why are you still scared?" He step closer to her and set his cup down on her desk.

"I don't know." YuNi whispers.

"When will you stop being scared? It's been months YuNi. Tell me what's wrong? Why can't you move on?" MyungSoo's voice pitches up in an angry tone. “I know he hurt you, I would have given anything to have switch place with you. It was torture for me but damit YuNi watching you like this hurts more. It en hurts like hell watching you like this and I can’t do anything about it.” He ran his hands through his hair frustrated. “It’s time to move on YuNi. It will be hard and it will be scary but I know you can do it. I need you to be strong and brave. Tell me what I can do to help YuNi.”

YuNi shook her head, she doesn’t know. She wants to be better, she wants to be brave she wanted to live again but she couldn't.

"How can I leave when you are like this? How?" He held her cheeks and brushes them with his thumb. "It won't be long until I leave for boot camp."

Tears stream down her cheeks. She wanted to be brave so bad for him so he wouldn't worry. MyungSoo kiss her tears and held her close making her feel safe.

"I can't leave you like this." He whispers to her ear and kiss her.

"I'm sorry." YuNi mumbles.

She was sorry it hurt him to watch her like this. She was sorry she was holding him back. She was sorry she couldn’t make him feel better. She was sorry for a lot of things and she didn’t feel like being sorry no more.