Mir

Love Story

YuNi steps out of the house and looks at her watch, it has been ten minutes since MyungSoo has left for school. YuNi made her way out of the gates and started walking in relief, it was the only time she had to herself and away from MyungSoo. Ever since the unexpected kiss he gave her she felt awkward around him. MyungSoo on the other hand acted like nothing happened. Part of YuNi was glad he was moving on but the other part of her wasn't so happy about him not acknowledging her.

YuNi hugs herself to keep warm. The morning was sunny but cold, fall had pass and winter was approaching quick. As she turn the corner MyungSoo came into her view. He was walking towards her. YuNi stops walking confused as to why he was walking back.

"Why are you walking so slow?" He scolds her.

"Huh? Why are you still here? You left ten minutes ago."

He rolls his eyes. "Just hurry."

MyungSoo turns around and started walking towards school again. YuNi watch as he walks farther and farther away from her before she started walking.

MyungSoo turns back around. "Seriously what is your problem?"

YuNi sighs frustrated. "I don't have one, you're the one with problems."

"Are your legs broken? Why are you walking so slow?"

YuNi stay silent, she didn't want to accidently blurt out that she didn't feel comfortable with him. "I'm just waiting for you to hurry up. You told me to keep a distance when we walk to school. I'm just following your rules." YuNi pouts.

MyungSoo lets out a breath of air into the cold air in disbelief. "Are you stupid? That was long ago when people haven't found out about us living under the same roof. What's the use of keeping that rule when everyone knows?"

"Well maybe I just don't want to walk with you." YuNi march down and pass him.

"Yah, wait for me." MyungSoo follows her and YuNi picks up her pace.

 

Jana stare at YuNi and then at MyungSoo. MyungSoo was eating lunch across from YuNi and his crew or followers was fighting over who got to sit at the same table as them and who have to sit at the table next to them. Suzy was nowhere to be seen but MyungSoo's friends were surrounding Jana. She didn't really have a complaint about them sitting at her table, MyungSoo had apologize to her and offered to be friends before he started sitting with them but sometimes all the seat would be taken and she would have to go find a different table to sit at.

"You must be a protective brother." Jana commented at MyungSoo's glued eyes on YuNi.

"That's what big brothers are for." MyungSoo smirks at Jana and then YuNi.

YuNi kept her eyes on her food. She really hated being known as MyungSoo's sister. After the school learned who she was everyone seems to have known her greeting her and offering to be friends. She wasn't a people person so it was uncomfortable and all the attention she was getting made her sick. YuNi wish they would all just leave her alone and go back to the way things were when she wasn't MyungSoo's sister. YuNi close her lunch box.

"You barely ate." MyungSoo opens her box again. "Eat some more."

His friends and Jana stared at YuNi. She hated that he treated her like a kid. YuNi close the box again not saying or looking at anything but her lunch box. MyungSoo reaches for her box again but she snatches it off the table and stands up. YuNi grabs her bag and walk away. In the hall she ran making sure MyungSoo wasn't following her. She just had to get away from him. He was suffocating her. She knows he was just being protective of her but it was too much, she was confused about her feelings for him and he was being too confusing about his feels for her. YuNi could tell he was acting like a big brother at school as protection but she felt it was more than that. Sometimes she felt he had feelings for her but then he changes and she's confused.

"YuNi" Mir stood in front of her smiling.

After MyungSoo hit him in his apartment YuNi had stop seeing him at school.

"Mir, where have you been?"

He shrugs. "Lots of places."

"Are you back?"

"Yeah, just for a little while. I just need to get something before I go again."

"Oh, what are you here to get?"

Mir press his lips together making a duck face pretending to be thinking. "Well...you."

"Me?"

He smiles at her again. "Yeah, want to be bad and skip school for once Mrs. popular?"

YuNi laughs. "Don't call me that."

"Is that a yes?"

YuNi looks behind her. "MyungSoo will be mad."

"So? He's just your brother why would it matter if you skip school with me?"

"He's overprotective."

"More like possessive, seriously you're not going to be allowed to date until you're thirty if you keep letting him be overprotective."

YuNi laughs, if only Mir knew the truth. "Fine I'll go."

"Great" Mir grabs her hand and held it.

 

YuNi sat in the back of Mir's limo with him. She had never been in a limo before and everything excites her from the bar to the moon roof. Mir looks at her, his smile was gone and he looked unpleasant.

"What's wrong?" YuNi asks worried about him.

"I'm just tired. I'm glad I ran into you though seeing you always make me happy."

YuNi could feel her face burning from him comment.

"How are you doing?" Mir's expression lightens up.

"I'm okay, getting use to the whole school being nice to me. I mean they never been mean to me but they just never acknowledge me before. It's weird you know."

Mir nods.

"Plus girls keep giving me gifts to pass on to MyungSoo. Don't they know he's taken already?" YuNi pouts.

"Taken?"

YuNi looks up at Mir in horror did she just give away her secret? "Umm"

"I thought He broke it off with Suzy?"

"Oh" YuNi wasn't sure.

"You don't know?" Mir ask surprised YuNi didn't know about her own brother.

"Well there is no need for him to tell me so.." YuNi shrugs.

"Yeah I guess I wouldn't tell my sister about my relationships either."

"So where are we going?" Yuni asks changing the subject.

"Will you go see my father with me?" Mir ask with sadness, his mood has change again. "It's hard to go see him alone."

"...Sure" YuNi reach out to Mir and gave his hand a warm squeeze.

 

YuNi stood in silence as Mir paid his respect to his father. She felt uncomfortable but she was here as a friend to Mir so she stood her ground and patiently waited. Seeing Mir cry made her heart pain to see him so sad unlike his normal self. YuNi step closer to Mir and place a hand on his shoulder. She wanted to comfort him. He was a friend to her and she hated to see him so hurt.

Mir wipes his eyes and laughs. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's okay to cry."

Mir stands on his feet and turns to YuNi with red swollen eyes. His cheeks were stain with tears and a fake smile plaster on his face. "Let's get out of here."

YuNi nods.

Without asking Mir grabs YuNi's hand and pulls her towards his chest hugging her. YuNi pulls back instantly. She wanted to be a good friend but this felt wrong. Friends didn't do these kind of things. Mir looks at her with hurt eyes.

"I'm sorry." YuNi apologize. “If I ever gave you the impression…” Impression of what she didn’t know what to call this. “I’m sorry if I mislead you.”

Mir shook his head grinning his fake smile as if it was okay to be rejected. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have, I wasn't thinking."

All YuNi could do was nod. She walks around Mir back to the waiting limo.