Mine

Love Story

MyungSoo waited in YuNi's room. She had disappear at school and haven't called or text him to let him know where she was. He blames himself, if only he let her have some space. He knew he was suffocating her with his over protective self but he wanted to let everyone know she was off limits. MyungSoo look at his watch again. It was nine; he was starting to lose his patients. Where the hell could she be? MyungSoo stood from her bed and stomp down the steps. He had told his parents about YuNi being missing but they assured him he was just over reacting. They said she was just out with friends but YuNi didn't have friends. She had Jana but she had been worried too about YuNi. MyungSoo pace the living room biting his lower lip as he thought of all the scenarios that YuNi could be in and in every one of them she was scared and calling his name. MyungSoo ran to the door not sure of where to go but all he knew ways he had to find her. She was calling for him, he had to find her.

MyungSoo yank the door open and met YuNi's shock expression. She was safe.

"Where the have you been?" MyungSoo roars. He was relieved she was okay but the bigger part of him was furious with her.

"I was out with a friend." YuNi explain without telling him it was Mir. She walks in and slip off her shoes before walking away.

YuNi could feel MyungSoo's glare at her but she ignored it and retreat to her room. MyungSoo wasn't far behind her as she enters her room. YuNi attempted to shut the door before MyungSoo could get in but he was quick and she didn't get the chance. He stomps to her bed and sat down crossing his arms. YuNi tried her best to not be frightened by his mood but his intense glare had her knees shaking.

"Did you eat?" YuNi asks trying lighten the mood.

He shook his head slowly. "Who was it?"

YuNi shrug. "Who?"

"Don't play dumb with me, you know exactly who."

"Who do you think I was with? I don't have many friends."

"Jana?" MyungSoo arch an eyebrow testing her if she would tell him the truth.

"Um" YuNi answered without much thought.

"Are you sure? Because as far I know you ditch school while she was there and when I called her she was worried since she didn't know where you were. So who the where you with?" MyungSoo stood up towering over YuNi.

YuNi flinch, she was caught. "Are you sure you want to know?"

MyungSoo's eyes darken. "Mir?"

YuNi nods.

"You know how I feel about him. Why did you run off with him."

"He's a friend, he needed me."

"He's not a friend."

"Not to you but to me he is."

"He's interested in you."

"And? Is that a bad thing?"

"I don't know if you forgotten but I'm your husband. YOU. ARE. MINE."

YuNi stared at him scared at what she saw in him and completely lost for words. He was taking his claim on her but why? What was his reason? She wanted to know because the reason she saw in his eyes consisted of possession, anger and no love or care. YuNi shook her head. "No" She would not belong to someone who didn't love her, care for her. She was his wife by law but nothing more. She own her body and her heart not him.

MyungSoo grabs her face with his hands cupping her cheeks and pulling her gaze up to his and repeated his chilling word. "Mine."

Did she even have a choice to be his or not? YuNi close her eyes wishing he would just leave. She didn't want to face him. He was too confusing. One minute he was her husband claiming her and then he turns to her brother putting distance between them.

"Unnie?" Tammy's voice ringed in YuNi's ear and she opens her eyes. MyungSoo was still holding her cheeks staring at her and Tammy was looking into the room from the door. "You're back." Tammy walks in and MyungSoo lets go of YuNi. "I was worried." She ran the last few steps towards YuNi and hugs her leg.

"What's wrong?" YuNi looks concern at Tammy. She had never seen Tammy this way before; scared and worried.

"I thought you left. You didn't come back." Tammy held on tighter and sob.

"I was just out with a friend." YuNi pats Tammy's head. "I'm not leaving." YuNi leans down and pulls Tammy off her leg. She notice Tammy's bed hair; she must have had a nightmare and saw the frighten little girl who was scared to lose her. Since YuNi moved in she had taken the role of Tammy's caregiver as if she was a second mother even if Tammy was a little brat when she arrived but as time passed they got closer.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Tammy looks up at YuNi with big watery eyes.

"Um" YuNi nodded.

 

MyungSoo watch as YuNi walks ahead of him. She hasn’t said a word to him this morning or glance his way. She was slipping away from him. Why was he so scared of losing her all of a sudden? He had to protect her but that was it right? After the threat was gone they could go their own separate way and never see each other again. The thought of no YuNi didn't appear too bad. He wouldn't have to watch over her anymore and she wouldn't be in his head all the time. He wanted to go back to the old him, the one with no responsibility, no wife and a normal life.

MyungSoo walk to his class and at his desk he saw Suzy waiting. He hasn’t seen her since he broke it off with her. She had begged him to not break off their relationship but he had enough. He couldn't pretend to have feelings for her anymore. He approaches his seat and she stood up.

"What are you doing here" MyungSoo asks placing his bag on the floor.

"Can we talk?" Suzy nervously bit her bottom lip.

"What is it?"

Suzy sighs. "Why? I want to know why."

"I told you, it's not the same anymore."

"But...we are so good together MyungSoo. We are the ultimate couple. You were always mine and I was always yours."

"Exactly, that's all we ever was the ultimate couple. There were no real feelings involved we just look good together and that was it. I haven't been yours for a long time and you are no longer mine Suzy."

Suzy's lip trembles. "So this is really good bye?"

MyungSoo nods. "Good bye."

Sob's escape her lips as MyungSoo just stood there. There really was no feeling between them anymore.

 

YuNi sat on the couch with a bowl of chips and a romantic movie playing on the television. Tammy and her parents were out for ice cream since they decided to come out of their cave and take the night away from their computers, it was Christmas. YuNi knew it was rear to have quality time with both Tammy's parents so she decided to stay in and let Tammy have parents to herself. MyungSoo had been staying out late for the past weeks. He didn't tell her where he was and she didn't bother to ask. She was curious but she didn't ask. YuNi watch the movie until all the credits roll off the screen before turning off the television and headed up to her room.

MyungSoo watch as the lights in YuNi's room shut off before walking into the house. He was getting back into his normal routine. After school he hung out with his group of friends or work out until the night came. On the weekends he was out with the guys making appearance at one party to another. This was his life before YuNi and it was going to be his life after YuNi, he had to get used to it again. Her parents sent a message stating they will be back in the country and everything was going to go back to normal. She was going to leave and his responsibility for her would be gone.

YuNi sat in her bed and listen to MyungSoo walk around in the hall. She wanted to go see him, ask him what he's been up to but she was to chicken. She was the one who had pushed him away. When he had said she was his she rejected him. She wasn't his. He took the hint and stop his over protectiveness. At school everything went back to normal. People stop greeting her and ignored her like they use to and MyungSoo stop acknowledging her existence. YuNi was alone like how she always been.

 

Months pass and MyungSoo stayed the same. Ignoring her half of the time and the other half he was never home. YuNi did her normal things, she took care of the house work and Tammy. She silently watches as MyungSoo went in and out of the house on most days and waited for him to say one thing to her but he never did. The only good thing that came out of this was she finally knew his feelings. She had questioned his feelings for her before and now she didn't have to anymore. She was never more than a sister, someone who was in his way. Someone he had to protect not someone he wanted to protect. After getting the message from Yuni's parents about coming back to Korea MyungSoo's father had told them about the marriage agreement. It was to be held off until they were out of high school. MyungSoo and YuNi were never legally married. Mr. Kim had told them it was up to them to decide on what to do. If by the time graduation came and they didn't want to get married they wouldn't have to.

YuNi wipes her hands on the kitchen towel and made her way to the couch were Tammy was enjoying her bowl of ice cream and watching a cartoon laughing. Mr. Kim had informed her that she was to meet her parents at the bus station tomorrow. It was too risky to let them come get her at the house so it was arrange for YuNi to take a bus and met her parents. It was the last night she would be spending at this house and she felt sad. She would miss the house and everyone in it, even the cold distance MyungSoo. YuNi joined in on the laughing and enjoyed it. It seems as if it had been forever since she laugh. Tammy left her ice cream and snuggles up to YuNi. It was hard to say good bye so neither of them brought it up the whole day but the sadness linger in the air between them. It has been a long time coming for the both of them.

The door behind them open and Tammy turned around to look at who was coming. Tammy taps on YuNi’s shoulder. YuNi knew it was MyungSoo and she knew she couldn’t look at him. He has been too distant and she rather keep the distance between them. She was leaving tomorrow, it didn’t matter if she never look or speak to him again. YuNi looks at Tammy. Tammy was frozen, her eyes wide and open. YuNin turns around and saw MyungSoo sitting on the ground against the wall. His head was bow down and he appears as if he was having a hard time breathing. His chest went up and down at fast rate and YuNi stood up.

“MyungSoo” YuNi cautiously walk over to him. “Are you okay?” YuNi squat down to his level and got a closer look at him. YuNi gasp. “What happen?” YuNi’s hands cup his face and lift it up. He was beaten pretty badly. His lips busted and his eye was going to turn into a black eye by tomorrow.

MyungSoo push her away and barely stood up. YuNi watch as he made his way up the stairs holding onto the wall with one hand and the other on his stomach. Tammy held her hand scared. The doorbell rings and the both of them jump. YuNi cautiously open the door and SungGyu was there holding onto MyungSoo’s bag YuNi had seen him carry this morning as he was leaving.

“Oh good you’re here.” SungGyu said relived. “I was worried he was alone.” He hands the bag to YuNi. “Take care of him, he’s been really weird lately and got into some fight by himself tonight. He got beaten up pretty badly.”

YuNi nod once and took the bag. “I’ll try.”

YuNi turns the cold brass door knob and walk into MyungSoo’s room without a warning. She had hoped he was done changing and was already in bed. The room was dark and MyungSoo was in his bed under the covers. YuNi took a deep breath and bravely walk over to the bed and turns on the lamp on the night stand.

"Let me see MyungSoo." YuNi pulls the cover away from him but he was holding on to the cover.

"Leave me alone! I'm fine."

"No you are not! Your face is messed up and bloody! Let me see!" YuNi kept pulling.

"I'm fine!"

YuNi lets got of the blanket tired of pulling and fighting with him. "Fine, I won't care if your wounds get infected and you have marks left on your face. I won't care! Be ugly and alone all your life I don’t care!"

He kicks off the covers. "YAH!"

"Tammy hurry the blanket is off!" YuNi jump on the bed and straddles him putting all her weight on him.

Tammy came running on with ropes and the first aid kit.

"What are you doing?" MyungSoo stops moving scared and surprised at the same time.

Tammy hands one rope to YuNi and she tied one of his wrists to the bed post. Tammy hands her another one and YuNi did the same to the other wrist. YuNi grabs the first aid kit and took out the disinfecting spray. She points it at his cuts and spray a little to the cut. It sting MyungSoo and he jerks up.

"AH that hurts!" MyungSoo started fighting back to get YuNi off him but he couldn't move his legs.

Tammy was at the end of the bed tying them to the foot board.

"Almost done MyungSoo stop moving before I spray your eyes!" YuNi wipes his cut with one hand while the other held the spray. "Tammy I need band-aids." Tammy ran to YuNi and hands her some band-aid. YuNi place a band-aid on his cut and worked on his other wounds. He had a black eye and some other little cuts on his face. "What were you thinking when you got into the fight? Are you stupid?"

MyungSoo groans. "It was four against one."

"Why did you bother them then? If you were out number just let things go. You stop thinking whenever you get mad and just act, which is a horrible thing." YuNi pats the last cut and leans back looking down at MyungSoo satisfied. "High five!" She high five Tammy.

"Argh" MyungSoo jerks his arms and the right one came out free form the rope.

Tammy screams and ran out. "RUN!"

YuNi stood up and jump off the bed following Tammy out leaving MyungSoo in bed.

"Get back here and help me!" MyungSoo screamed at them but they were already out the door and running down stairs.

 

MyungSoo walks into the kitchen and stood against the door way. He looks at Tammy as she tips the bowl over her face. Whatever she was eating it must be good. Tammy puts down the bowl and freeze. Her eyes widen and she stops breathing. MyungSoo points at her and then signal for her to get out. Tammy nodded and climbs down her chair. YuNi look over her shoulder and saw Tammy running pass MyungSoo and up the stairs.

"Hungry?" She asks MyungSoo.

He didn’t answer her just walk to the table and sat down. He watches as YuNi work around the kitchen. He was going to miss this, seeing her in this kitchen she belonged here. YuNi turns around and place a bowl in front of him. It was his favorite spicy chicken stew. MyungSoo took a bite and almost cry, she was leaving tomorrow and he had been a jerk. He didn’t want to make more memory of her so he had been ignoring her. He just wanted her to leave if she was leaving, he didn’t like good-bye’s. Why did she have to come take care of him and break his walls he had put up? He was ready to let her go but now as he look at her he wasn’t sure. Why did it hurt so bad? Breaking up with Suzy didn’t even hurt and she was his girlfriend for years. YuNi had only been his pretend wife for under a year and the thought of her leaving was killing him. He didn’t want her to go. He was wrong when he thought her leaving was no big deal. She was his, she belong here with him. It didn’t matter to him if they weren’t married he was too custom to having her around. If only he could say these things out loud.

MyungSoo tip the bowl like Tammy had earlier and finish the whole thing in a record speed. YuNi hands him a glass of water.

“Slow down, you act as if you haven’t eaten in days.” YuNi pouts at him.

“Can I have more?” MyungSoo hands her the bowl.

YuNi nod and turn around to refill his bowl.

When YuNi turn back with another bowl of stew MyungSoo was standing inches away from her. YuNi drops the bowl and the stew splatter to the floor missing them.

“What’s wrong?” YuNi ask MyungSoo confused as to why he was looking at her all broken and sad like a kitten.

“I can’t do this.”

“Do what?” YuNi ask still confused.

“You and I.” MyungSoo shook his head closing his eyes he turn away. He couldn’t say it. He couldn’t beg her to stay. Why was it so hard for him to tell her his true feelings?