Graduation

Love Story

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" MyungSoo ask holding Yuni's hand.

"I want to." Yuni looks up at him. "I want to be brave, for you I want to."

Her words were like a painful stab to his heart. He never wanted her to do anything she didn't feel comfortable with but she was doing this for herself as much as she was doing it for him. He was proud of her. He came home to her in the living room curl up on the couch everyday instead of in her room. She was taking small steps and he felt better knowing she was moving on. He was going to leave her for two years and he wanted her to move on, he wanted her to live happy instead of stuck in the past. She had so much going on for her she deserves to be happy.

"Let's go then."

MyungSoo held her hand as they walk down the stairs in their cap and gown. At the bottom of the stair his parents were waiting for them. His mother took out her camera and started taking pictures; she didn't want to miss one moment of it. Tammy held two bouquets of flowers in her hands and stood happily in the middle between her parents. It was graduation day. YuNi didn't have to attend since she was pulled out and home school but she thought it would be a good sign that she was taking small steps to getting better.

 

"Yuni!" DongWoo ran up with flowers and handed them to her. "These are for you."

"Thanks...umm DongWoo right?" Yuni ask unsure she haven't really remember everyone's name yet. MyungSoo didn't allow her to be around his friends much.

"I'm glad you came." SungGyu smiled at her.

"Pretty..." WooHyun started at her with his mouth open.

MyungSoo push him away from Yuni's face. "Back off."

"When are you leaving again?" WooHyun ask MyungSoo.

"Two weeks, why?" MyungSoo ask glareing.

"Nothing." WooHyun turns to Yuni. "Yuni what are you doing in two weeks?"

MyungSoo punch WooHyun. "Don't even think about it."

WooHyun rubs his arm in pain. "Let me keep her company for you."

"You really have a death wish don't you?" SungJong shake his head.

"I can at least try once he's out of the picture." WooHyun pouts.

MyungSoo move to Yuni's side and held her free hand. "I'm not out of the picture, I'll just be serving our country for a little while."

Yuni looked at their hands and then at him. "I'll be fine."

"I know you will."

DongWoo hugs WooHyun. "We never even got a chance."

"They look good together." SungYeol sighs.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." SungGyu stuck out his tongue at the couple.

MyungSoo walk Yuni to her seat and then he went to his. Since he was valedictorian he was to sit on the stage along with the school board, some of the senior teachers and the guest speaker. The girl next to Yuni handed her a schedule booklet and she accepted. Most of the students didn't care about her presences but there were still a few who whisper and pointed at her. She knew they were talking about her but honestly she didn't care, their words, lies wasn't going to hurt her. Yuni kept her eyes on MyungSoo and caught his wink when he locked contact with her. She smile back to him and felt herself blush. He has been so sweet to her. She didn't know where they stood now as a couple but she knew he cared for her and she cared for him. Maybe it was love maybe it wasn't she wasn't sure. All she know was she was happy with him and she was willing to wait for him. Hopefully she hope he felt the same.

The guest speaker said the last line of his speech and the principal went up to shake his hand and introduce MyungSoo as the next speaker. The class went wild and cheer. Some confess their love for him and some screamed until their throat hurt. He was a very popular guy. Yuni laugh at MyungSoo's embarrassed face. He was up on the stage grinning and blushing.

For a quick moment Yuni notice something move from behind MyungSoo and tense up. No one sat behind where he stood. There was only the curtain and she was sure she saw it move. Yuni stood from her seat and examine the room. Everything was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. The girl next to her looked at her confused.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

Yuni nodded and sat back down. Maybe she was being paranoid. Yuni put her focus on MyungSoo again and listen to his speech but still she had a bad feeling that something was going to happen. Just as MyungSoo was finishing up his speech the curtain behind him move again. Yuni was for sure now that she wasn't seeing things. Yuni stood up and for the moment time froze as she watch Suzy appear from behind the curtain. Suzy was the only one moving while everyone else was stone frozen. MyungSoo had turn around to look at Suzy. Gasps and horror screams made Yuni snap out of her state and she started running. MyungSoo was in danger, Suzy had a gun to his head, tears were streaming down Suzy's face and Yuni knew Suzy wanted to hurt MyungSoo and she wasn't going to stop at nothing to hurt him.

"Stop Yuni." She heard SungGyu call her as she ran pass him.

She couldn't stop she didn't want to stop if she did MyungSoo might end up dead and she didn't want him dead, she needed him.

 

"Suzy" MyungSoo drop his papers. "What are you doing?"

Suzy held the gun tighter and shook. "You can't leave me." Suzy shook her head. "I won't let you go to her."

"Put down the gun Suzy." MyungSoo step one step up to try and make her drop the gun.

"NO! Not until you come back to me." She wipe her cheeks. "I love you, I need you MyungSoo."

"Let's go somewhere private and talk okay." MyungSoo step closer. "Give me the gun."

Suzy shake her head no. "I want everyone to hear. I want them to know we are together. You and I, not you and Yuni." Suzy let her hand with the gun go back to her side.

MyungSoo swallow the salvia that was blocking his throat and spoke. "I love her..."

Suzy wipe her tears again. "If I can't have you, no one else can MyungSoo." With shaky hands she points the gun back up to him. "Goodbye" and pulled the trigger.

MyungSoo stood there as if his feet was glue to the ground. He wanted to move but he couldn't. All he could do was watch Suzy as she stood there shaking realizing what she just did.  Before he could get everything process he drop to the ground. The room erupt in chaos and screams from Suzy filled the room. MyungSoo lay there and watch as people ran over to Suzy and SungGyu. SungGyu had her on the ground stomach down with hands behind her back and the gun away from her.

"MyungSoo!"

Yuni's voice was the only thing he heard before everything went black.