Invitation

Love Story

 

"So YuNi is your adopted sister?" DongWoo asks.

MyungSoo closes his eyes to keep his anger in. "Yeah...” He was not too happy about YuNi telling them she was his sister.

"Cool, I always thought she was cute." DongWoo happily smiles.

"What?" MyungSoo death glares at DongWoo.

"Yeah she's cute." DongWoo shrug shyly.

"My sister is off limits."  MyungSoo's death glare burned with fire.

"But" DongWoo pouts.

"No buts, she is off limits and that’s it." MyungSoo stared at his bag of chips and squish it into a ball.

DongWoo scoots away from MyungSoo. "Fine, but just so you know she is safer with me than the other boys in this school."

"What are you talking about?" MyungSoo moves closer to DongWoo as if he was going to attack.

DongWoo shiver, MyungSoo was never this scary before. "She's the girl every guy wants to date now because she is your sister."

"Over my dead body, no one is getting close to her." MyungSoo looks over to YuNi, she was in her usual table with her friend. The boys sitting behind them was drooling all over her and waiting for their chance to make a move to talk to her.

 

Jana sat quietly across from YuNi, all day she hasn’t said much to her which is highly unusual. YuNi put down her manga and pick up an extra bottle of banana milk in her bag. YuNi hands it over to her.

"Do want some?" YuNi asks holding the bottle.

She shook her head no.

"Is something wrong?"

She looks up at YuNi angry. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" YuNi asks surprised.

"That you're MyungSoo's sister. Is that why you never invited me over to your house?"

"Umm, well..." YuNi shrugs.

"I'm your best friend!"

"I know, it's just we don't really have guest over to the house." Jana pouts. YuNi hated seeing her like this, where have her cheerful Jana go? "You can come over if you want I guess, since you know we are best friends and all."

Jana instantly cheers up. "Really? Today?"

"Yeah I guess."

YuNi looks over to MyungSoo, now if she could just convenience MyungSoo to agree. He looked mad at her for some reason. YuNi wave and DongWoo wave back. MyungSoo grabs DongWoo's hand and put it down. He said something to DongWoo and DongWoo pouts.

 

MyungSoo waited outside of YuNi's class room as students hurry out. Since they were siblings it wasn't a problem being seen with her. Besides he had to protect her from all the hormonal boys in her class. YuNi stop at the door and stared at me. Her friend behind her turn bright red and started squealing about something behind her. YuNi step out and quickly walk away leaving her friend with MyungSoo. MyungSoo follow her out the building and notice her friend was following. MyungSoo stop walking and waited for her friend to catch up.

"MyungSoo" Jana smile at him.

"Why are you following us?" MyungSoo ask bluntly. He didn't like beating around the bush.

"YuNi invited me over."

"She what?"

"She said I can come over for dinner."

He looks at YuNi's back. She was jogging down the road.

"Why didn't she wait for you?"

"I ask her to give me some time with you."

"Why? You're her friend not mines. We don't need time together."

Jana pouts. "I just wanted to get to know you better."

"There's no use in getting to know me better. If you are just using YuNi to get closer to me then you are not welcome at the house."

MyungSoo turn around without listen to Jana and jog away to catch up to YuNi. She was walking by herself through the quiet street. He ran up to her and threw one arm around her neck. YuNi grab his arm and started to pull him away but MyungSoo tighten his arm.

"I can't breathe!" YuNi choke out and MyungSoo lets go.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" MyungSoo asks not pleased with YuNi.

She crosses her arms and rolls her eyes. "You told me the first day we came to school together to be as far away from you as possible. You said it was social suicide to be seen with me."

"That was long ago." MyungSoo puts in hands in his pockets.

"Four months isn't that long."

"Well now since we are known as brother and sister we can walk or talk without worrying about other people. Besides you are considering cool now."

YuNi looks up at him. "Sorry, I didn't know what to tell your friends when they kept asking me how I knew things about you and it just came out. I didn't want to tell them we were married. Your girlfriend was there."

MyungSoo shrug like he didn't care.

YuNi started laughing and MyungSoo stared at her like she was crazy. "I'm cool now? No wonder everyone knew my name and greeted me today. It was...strange. Even the teachers paid special attention to me. I like being a loner."

"If people, particularly boys bother you just tell me. I'll take care of them."

"Boys?" YuNi thought about the day. "A lot of them ask to know me better."

MyungSoo growls and fisted in hands in his pockets.

"Don't worry, I told them nicely that I wasn't interested. I don't sin."

"I'm not mad at you. It's those hormonal boys."

YuNi chuckles. "Scared one of them might just steal me away from you?" YuNi tease but MyungSoo didn't get the teasing and got angrier.

"No one is taking you YuNi."

"I'm not going anywhere either MyungSoo." YuNi place her hands on his wrist and pulls out his hands from his pocket. "You're getting stress over nothing." She unfolds them and started massaging them to release the tension in his hands.

MyungSoo watch as she rub his hands and his anger subsided. "I promise your parents I take care of you."

YuNi looks up at him taken back from his comment. "My parents?"

"They left me a letter before they left."

"Oh, well you're doing fine taking care of me even though sometimes you're mean and weird. But it's okay."

MyungSoo lets out a chuckle. "Mean?"

YuNi nods. As if she remembers something she looks behind him. "Where's Jana?"

"I told her she wasn't welcome."

"WHAT!" YuNi push MyungSoo's chest. "What you do that for?"

"Because she only wanted to come over to get to know me. What kind of friend is that? She should have wanted to come over to hang with you."

YuNi pouts. "True but she likes you."

"And I am your husband. Why the hell are you passing me around?"

"I am not."

"Seems like it."

YuNi turns around and started walking again. "Whatever I guess this is a good thing. I wouldn't have to beg Tammy to keep our secret."

"You need to think before you start inviting people over our house. In fact you are not allowed to invite people over."

YuNi rolls her eyes. "I have no one to invite over anyways."