Cinema

Love Story

 

YuNi sighs as she place the dishes back into their respective shelf. Jana haven't talk to her nor accepted her apologies all week. She even made fudge for Jana as a sorry gift. Jana was her only friend in the school and it felt lonely without Jana. YuNi felt like an idiot to have left MyungSoo with Jana, he didn't talk "nice" to her why would he have been any different towards Jana?

 

MyungSoo walks into Tammy's room, she was sitting on the bed with her ipod. He hands her a piece of paper.

"Give this to YuNi."

"Why? You give it to her, she's down stairs."

"She's giving me the silent treatment." MyungSoo sits on the bed.

"Still?" Tammy pouts, she didn't like it when they were mad at each other.

After telling Jana, YuNi's best-est friend in the world, she was not welcome in the house YuNi quit talking to MyungSoo. It was her form of punishment for ruining her only friendship. MyungSoo was only looking out for YuNi, Jana only wanted to come over to get the chance to get closer to MyungSoo not hang out with YuNi. He didn't see nothing wrong with telling Jana not to come if that's all she was coming over to do. Besides he was YuNi's husband secretly he wasn't available even if Jana didn't know that he was with Suzy publicly. If Jana had said she was coming over to hang with YuNi then maybe MyungSoo would have let her.

"Just hand it to her and tell her it's the list of things I need her to do. I'm going out." MyungSoo left the list on the bed and stands up to leave.

 

YuNi loaded the washer with a load of laundry and came back out to the kitchen. Tammy was skipping over to her with a piece of paper in her hand. YuNi knew exactly what it was. It was MyungSoo's 'To Do List'. Ever since she stop talking to him he's been writing down all his things he wanted her to do. He even apologize to her in one of them but it was Jana who he should apologize to so she ignored it. Tammy hands her the paper with a grin.

"What's with that look?" YuNi ask suspiciously.

"Nothing, I'm just happy to go over my friends house." Tammy skips back out of the kitchen.

YuNi look through the list. It was a short one.

To Do List

 

            * Return rented movies

            * pick up dry cleaning (uniform)

            * Take Tammy to her play date at 3:30

            * Come to Magic Cinema at 4:00

 

YuNi read the last bullet again. She was confused, why did she have to go to the cinema at four? YuNi went to her room and change. She had at added her own errands to the ones MyungSoo gave her; she had a long day ahead of her. YuNi threw on a red hoodie on top of her plain white shirt and grab her bag. Her hair was still in a tight pony tail and she didn't mind to switch to her jeans from the black cotton leggings she had on, they were warm and comfortable.

In front of the door Tammy was already ready. All Tammy talked about to YuNi the whole week was going to her friend's house. It has been the first friend YuNi had heard of since she got here. Tammy didn't look like the kind of girl who had many friends as well as YuNi so YuNi was happy Tammy finally found someone her age to play with.

YuNi grabs a pair of brown boots and slip them on. MyungSoo's parents had gone out and bought everyone new shoes and a jacket since the weather was changing. YuNi got the brown boots and a teal trench coat; they thought she could use more colors in her closet besides black white and red. Mrs. Kim even bought her the bag she was carrying. It was a tan and brown leather cross body bag, Mrs. Kim thought it went well with the boots. YuNi loved it as well, she didn't own any purse or bag other than her school bag, it was her first and favorite bag. YuNi stuck MyungSoo's list of errands in her bag.

Tammy pushes YuNi out the door or her friend's house. Her friend's mother had invited YuNi in for tea and YuNi was going to accept but before she said yes Tammy was pulling her out of the house. It was embarrassing Tammy told her and asks her to please leave because she didn't need YuNi to babysit her. Tammy grabs YuNi's phone from her bag and punch in her number.

"I'll call you to come back and pick me up." Tammy hands the cell phone back. "Have a good day unnie." Tammy skips back into the house before shutting the door.

 

MyungSoo pulls the covers over his head and groans. He has been sleeping in SungGyu's bed for hours and was bored.

"What time is it?" He asks.

"It's two." SungGyu answers MyungSoo from his desk. "Why are you here if you are just going to sleep? Why don't you go to the gym or go hang out with Suzy?"

"We broke up."

"Again?"

"There was no point anymore you know. There's just no spark left in the relationship. I told her to see other people."

"And when did this happen?"

"Before I was poison."

"No wonder she poison you." SungGyu shook his head.

"I deserve it but I don't think she knew I was allergic to seafood."

"You never know. But hopefully you two won’t be getting back together. I'm kind of tired of all the rumors and stuff. Can't we finish our senior year on a calm quiet note?"

"I don't plan on getting back together with her."

"Good for you MyungSoo, there are more fishes in the sea."

MyungSoo nod, if only it was true. For him there was only one fish in the sea for him and it was his wife, he was stuck with her forever. Part of him hated it but another part didn't mind. His wife was amusing and she kept him entertain. MyungSoo sat up and took out his phone to check the time, ten minutes had passed.

He looks over to what SungGyu was doing. All he saw was a black screen and some cryptic stuff. SungGyu and his parents were part of the government security team so it was normal for him to see SungGyu do these kind of things. SungGyu was his only friend who knew MyungSoo’s parents were computer software geeks. Too bad he couldn’t tell SungGyu about his marriage. Even if their family did the same kind of work his marriage to YuNi was way too dangerous to tell. He had to protect her like her father had asked of him.

MyungSoo leans back in the bed and close his eyes again.

“MyungSoo…MyungSoo your phone. MYUNGSOO!”

MyungSoo open his eyes and saw SungGyu standing over him. “Huh?”

“Your phone it’s been ringing.”

MyungSoo look at his phone, it was after four. He looks through his miss call list and saw YuNi’s number. YuNi must have called him to yell at him for being late for their date. MyungSoo dial YuNi’s number and waited.

“Hello?” It was a male’s voice.

“YuNi?” MyungSoo look at his screen it was the right number. “The are you? And why do you have YuNi’s phone.”

“It’s Mir. She’s right here. She’s busy but I’ll tell her you call her when she gets up.”

“When she gets up? What does that mean? Where are you?”

“My house.”

“You better not touch her or when I get there I’ll break off all ten of your fingers.” MyungSoo threatens Mir and hangs up.

MyungSoo jump off the bed and ran out of the house with SungGyu running after him.