Chapter 9

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I want to know what I am to you. Am I just part of your punishment? Because…” Chanyeol looked away for a second and a blush creeped up. “You know… f-for humans… when they do it with someone… usually it’s…”

Kris sighed, cutting Chanyeol off. “I know what it means, stupid human.”

“What?”

“…” Kris gazed back at him, a sort of gentle look on them. “I was once human too, after all.”

“Y-You were?!”

“Yeah well… I died and here I am.” Kris added nonchalantly. “It’s not that big of a--”

Suddenly, Chanyeol threw himself onto the elder and Kris gasped, rocking back and landing on the floor with a soft thud. Chanyeol’s arms had wrapped around his torso tightly, as if he was going to fly away if he didn’t do so.

“Wh-What’s wrong with you?!” Kris spat.

“…” Chanyeol buried his head at the crook of the elder’s neck. “So you were just like me…”

“Technically I didn’t have your level of unluckiness…” Kris commented slyly but Chanyeol chose to ignore it.

“But you… you felt some emotions I have, right?!” Chanyeol cried out, sniffling in between as he didn’t budge from his place in Kris’s arms. “That… That makes me feel relieved somehow. At least… At least I know that I’m not the only one who has felt this kind of pain…”

Pain…?

Kris narrowed his eyes. “Are you hurt?”

“Not exactly.” Chanyeol mumbled weakly and he felt a hand on his head, gently patting him as fingers ran gently in his hair, gently playing with it. It made him relax.

“Does it hurt being with me?”

Chanyeol felt his eardrums explode and his heart skyrocket. W-Wait! Wait, wait, wait!

“Well, you said I should be honest.” Kris chuckled gently against his head, noticing the younger male’s nervous silence. “This is how I am when I’m honest.”

“God…”

“What about that guy? Is he talking to you?” Kris tensed.

“N-No! That was… That was just an expression!” Chanyeol hurriedly replied, but quickly catching on the uneasiness in Kris’s voice at the mention of the divine being. Sure, Kris wasn’t in good terms with him but this kind of uneasiness was different. It was more… guarded. “A-Are you okay?”

“…” Kris looked away for a second before returning his gaze to Chanyeol’s face. “Why? Are you worried?”

“…” Chanyeol frowned. “Now you’re being stupid.”

“I’m being honest.”

“You’re stupid when you’re honest.” Chanyeol muttered, but fell back onto Kris’s chest. “So… you used to be human…”

“Why does that sound like such a big deal to you?” Kris rolled his eyes.

“B-Because!” Chanyeol spat, shooting up again so that he was now eye-level to Kris. “Because I never thought…. I thought you… in heaven…”

“…” Kris blankly stared at him before he suddenly felt an urge to press his forehead against the stupid human’s. He kind of missed it – the feel of another man’s skin even though they had felt each other a whole lot the other time. Kris sighed softly as he followed his emotions, pressing his forehead against Chanyeol’s, earning him a little jolt from the younger male.

“Wh-What?”

“Nothing.” Kris responded, the warmth of Chanyeol’s human skin bringing back some memories. “I kind of miss it.”

“Miss what?”

“Being human.” Kris sighed and before he realized it, his eyes were zoning in on Chanyeol’s parted lips as he spoke. Before long, he was tasting him again – kissing him and sharing heat with him.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened for the nth time as his heart crashed hard against his rib cage. To be suddenly kissed like this was a heart-stopper! Chanyeol’s hands had found their way to Kris’s shoulders, trying to stop the male from pushing himself further onto Chanyeol. When they broke apart, Chanyeol was a mess of blush and excited hormones. He didn’t know what to do. He hoped Kris did.

Kris gazed the stupid human before him, shaking his head slowly. “Damn…”

“…?” Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, concern on his face as Kris looked like he was having a mental battle with himself. “Wh-What is it?”

“…”

The silence did not help. Chanyeol thought back to what Kris had just said – that he missed being human. Perhaps that was the problem? Chanyeol patted Kris on the shoulder, earning him his attention. Maybe if they talked about it… if Chanyeol could see Kris smile again…

Wait a second, why would I want to see this mutation smile?! Chanyeol thought to himself but then his eyes saw Kris’s own brown orbs looking back at him. Ah…

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked, his mouth moving on its own. “What happened when you were human, Kris?”

“What?” Kris furrowed his brows at the question. It looked like a pretty sensitive topic but Chanyeol wasn’t going to regret asking it now – maybe later.

“What happened to you?” Chanyeol prodded. “Tell me. Tell me your story, Kris.”

“…” Kris frowned, hands finding their way to Chanyeol’s waist, slightly surprising the young male. “Why would you want to know?”

“B-Because… feel better…” Chanyeol mumbled incoherently.

“… You don’t have to know.” Kris softly spoke as he gently pushed Chanyeol away.

“Huh?” Chanyeol regretted it now. Maybe it was better to have not mentioned anything about it after all. Way to go, Park Chanyeol. You really are a stupid human. “But… Hey…”

“I’ll tell you,” Kris paused, smiling slightly. “When I feel like it.”

Chanyeol felt his cheeks heat up. Damn, that smile! He thought as he nodded his head in a daze. Kris got up, patting his pants clean. Chanyeol was looking up at him the whole time, following his every movement.

When he feels like it, he says…

“When is that?”

“Who knows?” Kris smugly replied, turning around to pull the curtains of his window to close. Chanyeol’s excited hormones shot up, wondering why he was doing that.

“Wh-What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked, nervousness evident in his voice. He was not about to think of something erted just because Kris was closing his curtains, right?! But Kris never does that…!

“Hm?” Kris turned around, heavenly looks was all Chanyeol could see all of a sudden. He didn’t understand why. But at this very moment, Kris was very, very handsome.

I just thought of a guy as good-looking. I’ve lost it. Chanyeol thought to himself as he pulled his legs up to his chest. “Wh-What are you…”

Kris was honestly confused as to what this stupid human was ranting about. It was not after seeing said stupid human pull his legs up that he finally understood where he was coming from and to be honest, it was a hilarious thought.

“What? Are you thinking I’ll do something to you again tonight?” Kris asked, cocking his head to one side proudly.

“!?” Chanyeol blushed. “What the hell!”

“Oh, if you want to, I wouldn’t mind.” Kris added playfully.

“You..!” Chanyeol spat, standing up to escape into the confines of his bed. “I’m going to bed! Don’t… Don’t you dare do anything!”

“All right, if you say so.” Kris’s voice behind him made him flush excitedly. He could hear the angel-demon get into position on the floor, taking the spare blanket Chanyeol had given him before to warm himself up. Chanyeol turned his head slightly to check on him, when something slipped out of his mouth before he could stop it.

“Would you like to sleep beside me tonight?”

It was as if time froze between the two of them. Kris turned his head to look at Chanyeol who had equally large eyes, surprised at what he just said.

“What?” Kris asked, nearly breathless.

“I – er – I meant…” Chanyeol stuttered, realizing the intentions in his statement. “No! Wait! I meant!”

“You want me to sleep beside you, right?” Kris echoed the statement and Chanyeol’s ears burned painfully.

“What?! If you don’t want to, you don’t have to!” Chanyeol retorted, wondering why he was saying something like that. “I – I mean…!”

“….” Kris took a moment to think through whatever was going on right now, before he scratched the back of his neck and chuckled. The light chuckle made Chanyeol relax a bit because if anything made his situation better, it would probably be Kris laughing off the whole thing.

“All right, stupid human, I’ll take on your request.” Kris said and Chanyeol exploded yet again.

“That wasn’t a request!” Chanyeol spat as he saw Kris walk towards him. “That was… Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter