Chapter 8

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Mm…” Chanyeol grumbled, rubbing his tired eyes awake as he rolled to one side. He wasn’t sure how he got here in the first place but he was feeling incredibly comfortable… and clean. “Uh… Wh-What…” He lifted his torso up with his elbows and winced, his hips aching like they had been stepped on. It was then he remembered – what exactly happened.

Holy . Chanyeol cursed in his head, cheeks burning painfully as he peeked under the blankets. He had pants on but he was sure what went on between him and Kris down there. Unless the alcohol was still working and he had dreamt it all.

No. I couldn’t have.

He could still hear it in his head. Kris’s warm breath against his ear, the burning sensation of the angel-demon’s s and…

“OH MY GOD!!” Chanyeol screamed, holding the sides of his head and rolling on his bed in the hopes of rolling out the memories too. He slowly lifted his head up as he peeked from his pillow, glancing around the room for any sign of pristine white.

There was none.

Chanyeol slowly sat up, with a few winces and grunts in the process, before surveying the room again. Where did his lover bodyguard go?

Chanyeol pressed his lips tight. He was not about to admit it but Kris leaving him right after they just did it was pretty… lonesome. Chanyeol rubbed an arm, vaguely remembering Kris’s hold on him. He wanted to feel that warmth again. Even if it was going to be very embarrassing in the process.

Chanyeol got out of bed and headed for the kitchen – Kris wasn’t there. He thought about having breakfast but he didn’t feel hungry. In the end, he settled for a glass of milk which he didn’t even finish anyway. He felt the new shirt that he was wearing as he leaned on the counter. Could Kris have changed him?

The thought made Chanyeol blush. If that’s the case then he must’ve… seen his body. There was no doubt. Chanyeol sank down on the floor, squatting and hiding his face even though no one was exactly looking at him.

“How could this have happened…?” He groaned. He had just given his body to an angel-demon. The same angel-demon he could have sworn he was never going to like. But now he’s all alone in the house and he’s wishing for the angel-demon to come back because he needs said angel-demon’s warmth. The thoughts rushing in were making him feel queasy.

The sound of the clock ticking made him look up though and he realized that in a few minutes, he was going to be late for work.

“Shoot!” He muttered, getting up and preparing to leave for work. He took a glance at the window and it was closed tight. Looks like Kris had finally learned to close his window if he ever used that to leave. Chanyeol frowned. Where did he go?

Chanyeol arrived at work a few minutes later and not a single appearance from the angel yet, even a simple reflection from the shop’s windows he had passed by along the way. Little by little, he was starting to grow anxious. Do angels disappear when they do a vice? But Kris had been doing plenty of vices since the very beginning! But then again, Kris was in a punishment and for him to suddenly have with…

Chanyeol’s cheeks heated up and he shook his head, ridding the thought on and wanton sounds. “Relax…” He whispered to himself. “He must be fooling around…”

Fooling around…?

Chanyeol froze in his walk. Somehow, the thought that Kris could be doing that vice with others bothered him. But then again, Kris is invisible to other people. Chanyeol nodded to himself slowly as he made to walk – but stopped again.

But there are other beings right…?

Chanyeol pursed his lips. True, Kris had mentioned before that even fairies fawn over him. Could he have gone to fool around with them? Surely a night with a guy must’ve agitated him or something.

Chanyeol was too busy looking down that he hadn’t realized that he had passed by the counter.

“Chanyeol-ah!” A doctor from the clinic called out, causing Chanyeol to jerk.

“Huh?” Chanyeol turned around and grinned awkwardly, realizing his mistake. “O-Oh… Sorry!” He rushed over to the doctor and got ready to do his shift.

“Chanyeol-ah, would you mind taking out the trash?”

“No problem,” Chanyeol smiled and after signing some papers and other stuff, stepped out to take out the trash. He was at the back alley and after placing the garbage bags down, sighed.

What kind of thoughts were running through his mind now? Did Kris cast a spell on him to make him suffer or something?

Chanyeol groaned, pulling his head back. If only the angel-demon was here. He could clear these thoughts out. That’s right. A good punch would do the trick to clear these thoughts away.

“… It’s his fault…” Chanyeol grumbled. “… It’s his fault yet… why…”

Chanyeol took a step back and leaned on the wall, eyes gazing down at the trash bags he had placed a few moments ago on the ground before him. His chest was twisting up painfully and he didn’t like it one bit.

Just then, he felt someone looking at him. His eyes widened as he jumped forward slightly, looking towards the end of the alley way, “… Kris?”

Good lord, why did I say his name like that?! Chanyeol thought as his eyes darted around to see what it was that caught his attention, but nothing seemed to be there. Was he imagining things now? Was he so desperately in need of that angel-demon that he was already hallucinating his very presence?

Chanyeol disliked the idea of being such a needy baby, so he took one deep breath and got back inside, mentally chanting to himself that he was not becoming dependent of the angel-demon.

 

After work, there was still no sign of Kris – or anything unlucky for that matter. Was his luck finally reduced so much that Kris wasn’t needed anymore? Chanyeol vaguely frowned at the idea. If he was going to disappear, the least he could have done was say good-bye.

Good-bye…?

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks on the way home. Yes, Kris was still a heavenly being and sooner or later, the two of them would have to part ways when Kris’s punishment ends and Chanyeol’s luck is that of a normal human being’s. What would happen then? Would Chanyeol lose memories of the angel? Would Kris just vanish?

He was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he didn’t see the lights of the pedestrian lane flashing. Before he realized it, he had missed the chance to cross the street.

“Agh!” He groaned as he looked up at the lights, pouting to himself. It was going to be a few minutes of waiting as his eyes scanned the roads, cars and traffic evident since it was late in the afternoon. His eyes had caught sight of someone sitting on a bench by the park. He looked… lonesome. Considering that Chanyeol had nothing better to do and wanted to kill some time, the younger male headed for the park nearby, approaching the stranger warily.

He looked a bit like he was in his college years, Chanyeol estimated. He was looking at the stranger rather intently that he suddenly turned his head.

“Oh!” Chanyeol blinked when their eyes met. “S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare.”

“…” The stranger blinked his eyes back at Chanyeol.

“Um…” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head. “Is… Is there anybody sitting beside you?” He said, pointing a finger to the spot on the bench.

“… No.” The young man shook his head and scooted to the side to give more room. “You can sit there.”

“Thank you.” Chanyeol smiled briefly before awkwardly sitting beside the man. “Um…”

“…” The young man sighed, his head turning to face Chanyeol slightly. “… You…”

“Huh?”

“You remind me of someone I know.” The young man chuckled.

“Oh? Do I?” Chanyeol tilted his head to one side. “I don’t get that often.”

“Really?” The young man chuckled again before extending out a hand. “Well, you should. You’ve got a memorable face. Ah, I’m a senior, by the way. A senior at the college right over there.” He nodded his head, indicating the direction on the other side of the street.

“O-Oh.” Chanyeol took the hand while nodding his head slowly. “I-I’m from the vet clinic down the street. KC Vet Clinic, I mean.”

“Oh, so you’re an intern?”

“Nah, just a janitor.” Chanyeol blushed slightly at the lame response.

The senior chuckled lightly, reaching out to pat him on the arm gently. “That’s fine. It’s good to at least get a job. Unfortunately for me, I’ll be having a hard time getting one if I ever get the chance.”

“Oh? Why is that?” Chanyeol asked.

“Are you sure you want to know?” The senior smirked at him and Chanyeol somehow felt a chill run down his spine. Could this young man be some sort of criminal? Some kind of gangster? Chanyeol’s bad luck was seeping through again.

“U-Uh…” Chanyeol fidgeted and he leaned back slightly, causing the senior to laugh at him again.

“Hey, hey, don’t be so scared.” The senior lowered his head as he turned to face the front, placing his arms on both knees and leaning forward. “I’ve already learned my lesson.”

“What?”

“…” The senior seemed to hesitate as his eyes glanced back to Chanyeol for a second. He sighed again. “You really do look a lot like him.”

“W-Who?” Chanyeol asked, leaning forward slightly, mostly out of curiosity.

“The one I was talking about earlier, someone who I remember just by looking at your face.” The senior replied softly. “Though I’m pretty sure he and his partner hates me now.”

“…” Chanyeol frowned slightly. “D-Did something bad happen?”

“You could say,” The senior leaned back on the bench and turned his head. He smiled softly, “Hey don’t look like that. I already told you that I learned my lesson, so there’s no need to feel bad about me.”

“W-Well okay…” Chanyeol looked down at the wooden planks of the bench for lack of anything better to do.

“…” The senior sighed before adding, “I just did something bad to him, that’s all.”

Chanyeol looked back up. “You did…?”

“Yeah,” The senior looked away, his eyes becoming blank and his face becoming distant. “I can’t say for sure with what happened to me. I just remember being so caught up with that person, like, I can’t get that person out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter