Chapter 21

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol hated the fact that Kris could still make such dirty jokes like that at a time like this, though it did help him calm down. He never did get to find out if Kris really did do something to him or not. All he had was the strange sensation in his body that something did happen.

“Are you still thinking about it?” Came Kris’s y voice which irked Chanyeol.

“Shut up, erted angel-freak.” Chanyeol hissed, repulsed. “If I ever find out what you did to me last night... I... I...!”

“Oh, we’ll never know... you might beg me to do it again.” Kris chuckled.

“You really got a talent for making people hate you, huh?” Chanyeol turned around to the invisible entity. “Damn it! Where are you?”

“Right here.” Kris whispered, surprisingly close to Chanyeol’s ear. He jumped to the side, mostly out of shock than embarrassment.

“Don’t do that!” Chanyeol spat and all he got was Kris’s laughing echoing in the cave’s walls.

After much arguing and pathetic dilly-dallying, the angel and the human finally decided that it was time to get a move on before the black goo caught up with them. Kris made sure to check if the coast was clear first before they left the cave and Chanyeol made sure to pack as much of the fresh fruit Kris had picked up as he can in his bag.

“If you carry too much, it’ll only slow you down.” Kris grumbled, trying to get the human to move faster.

“But what if we have to spend another night out here?! I don’t want to starve to death!” Chanyeol pouted, stuffing in a fruit in his bag.

“You’re not going to die out of starvation out here. I can always get you some of the fruit from before.”

“But it’s such a waste to leave the rest.” Chanyeol paused, blushing. He lowered his head and whispered the rest of his words. “And I don’t want you to leave me alone anymore…”

However, Kris was a divine being and that meant divine hearing abilities, so he caught on to what the human had said easily. “Well, why don’t you just say so? I can always bring you along with me.”

Chanyeol exploded into a fiery color, “You heard?!”

“Of course, I did.” Kris sighed dramatically. “All this time and you’re still not used to the fact that I have better senses than you?”

“Shut up!”

“Whatever, let’s go.” Kris grabbed the human by the hem of his shirt. Chanyeol wailed and gasped as some of the fruits that weren’t stuffed in properly fell out of the bag. The angel didn’t wait for the human anymore and before long, they left the cave for good.

 

Chanyeol was in a foul mood after that. He disliked the fact that Kris hurriedly grabbed him even though most of it was for good intentions. But the goddamn angel had to remember and realize that Chanyeol was still human and that meant a lot of things had to be done for his survival – one of which was food. Chanyeol pouted, he thought that his reason for getting mad at Kris was ridiculous but he didn’t want to die – be it starvation or because of a black goo. But there was something else that was bothering him…

Was he going to stay and hide in such a place? Was he going to live off fruits and sleep in rocky caves from now on? What if the black goo would never give up on him? Was he going to keep running away like this forever?

He looked ahead, the sound of breaking twigs and leaves before him his only source of knowledge of the elder’s whereabouts.

“…” Chanyeol continued to pout as he held the strap of his bag tight.

“Stop pouting, you’re ruining the day.” Kris suddenly said, causing the younger male to jerk.

“I’m not pouting!” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out.

“Stupid human,” Kris chuckled, making Chanyeol feel like .

“Don’t talk to me, I’m mad at you.” Chanyeol childishly retorted.

“How upsetting.” Kris sighed, “Whatever shall I do?”

“You…!” Chanyeol grabbed a fruit from his bag and threw it at the elder. Surprisingly, it bounced back off indicating that it had successfully landed on the invisible being’s head.

“What was that for?!” Kris growled.

“Why are you being such an ?!” Chanyeol retorted back. “I’m trying my best to keep up with you all this time, you know?!”

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you mad?” Kris asked, dumbfounded.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and fisted his hands. “… There’s a limit… to how much I can take this.”

“….” Kris paused as he observed the younger male. Something didn’t seem right. He knew he had pissed off the human when he grabbed him and forced him out of the cave like that but to be this mad over something like that? Surely, the stupid human wasn’t stupid enough to forget that this was all for him.

The elder’s silence half-pissed him off and half-worried him. What was Kris thinking? Was Kris even still there? What if he had left him again?

“Kris?” Chanyeol mumbled softly. He felt a warm sensation at his cheek and realized that it was the elder’s hand touching him.

“What is it?” Kris asked, gently caressing the younger male’s cheek.

“… If I told you, would it change anything?” Chanyeol mumbled, realizing how weak he must’ve sounded.

“If you told me, it would make me feel better.” Kris replied, “That’s something, at least.”

Chanyeol sighed, somehow leaning to the feel of Kris’s hand. “I’m tired.”

“Says the person who slept like a baby.”

“Not that!” Chanyeol shut his eyes tight, frowning. “I’m tired – I’m tired of this. I – I can’t run away like this forever. We have to do something about the black goo!”

“What are you saying? You want to fight it? Chanyeol, no matter how hard you try, you can’t beat it.”

“But I can’t stay like this forever, Kris.” Chanyeol retorted. “Do you expect me to hide in a fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter