Chapter 17

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol rushed back to his apartment, still searching for that godforsaken angel. Where did he go?! Chanyeol screamed in his mind as he threw his bag aside, locked the door and shut his windows tight. Whatever the black goos were plotting for him, it seemed to be working. He was all alone now and his only ‘protection’ which was Kris, himself, was nowhere to be seen.

“… That bastard…” Chanyeol muttered under his breath as he paced around the room, trying to calm himself down. He should think of ways to defend himself if something were to suddenly happen to him. The black goos were getting restless. Chanyeol’s bad luck was diminishing after all,due to the things Kris had done to save him. That meant that the black goos’ existence was getting weaker. Naturally, every living thing – be it human or not – would want to live and Chanyeol was the way out of that for the black goos – Chanyeol and his remaining bad luck that is.

Chanyeol flinched when he heard something shuffle in the distance. He turned his head back to his pile of clothes but nothing seemed to be there. He took a deep breath and walked to where he had thrown his bag. But right when he was about to reach for it, it suddenly moved on its own – rather – it looked like something had kicked it aside.

“Huh?” Chanyeol blinked, following after it but something continued to kick at it. Chanyeol gritted his teeth, chasing after his bag. He grabbed the strap, stopping it from being kicked any further. “What the hell?!” He pulled his bag up, only to realize that he was right in front of his mirror and then his eyes widened.

“KRIS!” Chanyeol bellowed, throwing his bag up in the air and it landed with a loud thud as he turned around, seeing the elder standing right behind him on the mirror. But when he turned around, there was no Kris. “K-Kris?”

“I’m here,” Kris said but Chanyeol wasn’t seeing him. He couldn’t see him! Chanyeol turned around to face the mirror but Kris wasright there. It was as if Kris could only be seen if he was a reflection.

“Wh-What’s going on? Why can’t I see you?” Chanyeol turned around again and of course, Kris was nowhere to be seen. Chanyeol looked worriedly at nothing. “I mean, why can’t I see you in person and not from the mirror? K-Kris?”

“Calm down.” Kris sighed, frustrated. “You have no idea just how hard I tried to get you to stop for a second but you wouldn’t stop pacing around and panicking. You wouldn’t even stop talking to yourself. Do you know how hard it is to come into contact with a human that can’t see me anymore?”

“I-I couldn’t help it!” Chanyeol turned back to the mirror to give the elder a glare. Kris crossed his arms, his frown worsening. “Just explain to me what’s going on before something bad happens.”

“It’s just as I said,” Kris said, sighing. “You can’t see me anymore. I’m like any other heavenly being and you’re like any other human being right now. That means…”

“Wait…” Chanyeol spoke softly, not liking where this was going. If he can’t see Kris, that could only mean one thing…

“I’m not your guardian angel anymore.” Kris said in almost barely audible whisper.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, eyes moving down to look at the floor. “B-But… wh-why? How? It’s not yet over! The deal isn’t over yet, is it?!”

He felt a warm sensation on his arms and when he looked back up at the mirror, Kris was standing right behind him, hands on either arm, holding them firmly yet gently.

“Because that guy picked the perfect time to decide it so.” Kris’s voice was soft and warm against Chanyeol’s ear. It was like a small gust of air tickled his slowly reddening body part. “He’s decided that since we’ve both openly showed our love to him that this whole thing doesn’t seem to be much of a punishment to me anymore.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, his gaze shooting up to his reflection where Kris was visibly there. “I don’t believe this…”

“Well, you better.” Kris continued to whisper and Chanyeol slightly leaned away from it, but it didn’t stop the elder though. “Now that it’s no longer a punishment, my presence can no longer be seen by you. However, I still have one more thing to take care of and that’s my deal with him to become human again.”

“So, the punishment’s been nullified? What about my bad luck?” Chanyeol effectively pulled himself away from the elder’s grasp and turned around at nothing, “Ugh, this is really awkward, you know?”

He heard Kris chuckle and consciously looked back at the reflections on the mirror. “Let me put this as simply as I can: my punishment was to make sure your bad luck diminishes by saving your countless of times.”

“HEY!” Chanyeol spat at the mention of his but Kris ignored him.

“But then I made a deal with that guy to become human again to which he promised that it could happen if I could protect you without any powers – it’s a bit like the punishment actually since it also diminishes your bad luck as I continue to protect you.” Kris crossed his arms, as seen on the reflection. “But since we’re lovers now, the first contract with him which was the punishment seemed pretty useless since I’ve made you my calling. So he’s decided to cancel that and well, he picked the perfect time to tell me that which was just a few minutes ago.”

“What?” Chanyeol blinked, “He – You came into contact with God?”

“When you bolted out of the locker room, yes.” Kris growled under his breath. “I swear he knew perfectly well this was going to happen. That git.”

“KRIS!” Chanyeol hissed, eyes darting at every corner in his room. “Watch your mouth! What if he hears you? Don’t you think you’re in a lot of trouble with him already?”

“Whatever, I dislike him and his… ways.” Kris rolled his eyes, moving his hands to his hips. “So now, I’m an invisible angel with no powers yet I still have to protect you nonetheless to become a human again. That’s my situation right now. Did your pea-sized brain get that?”

Chanyeol blushed, “I-I’m not that stupid! Of course, I got it!” He looked down at his feet before looking back at up the mirror. “But… if I can’t see you…”

“What? You don’t trust me that I’ll not do a good job either way?”

“Of course I trust you! Why do you think I let you--” Chanyeol gasped, covering his mouth and blushing beet red in a split second. From the mirror, he saw Kris smile like a Cheshire cat.

“What? Let me what?” Kris had that smug look on his face that made Chanyeol want to punch him. “Let me have you?”

“BASTARD!” Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter