Chapter 13

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was night time and most of the shops and stores along the way were beginning to close or were already closed. This was it. Chanyeol was going to be meeting with, in Kris’s terms, that guy. He was going to get his answers once and for all – from the real reason why Kris was wearing black to what happened to his powers. The thought made Chanyeol nervous, but there was something else that was bothering him as he and his “guardian angel” made their way along the sidewalk. Chanyeol turned to his side to see Kris holding onto his injury with a little pained expression on his face. The younger male frowned up at him, “You could’ve just stayed behind and told me where to go. You didn’t have to come and me.”

“I already told you – ugh – that I’m coming with you whether you like it or not.” Kris grumbled, turning his head to face Chanyeol as well.

Chanyeol winced as Kris grunted again, immediately zooming in on the elder’s arm that was used to get the black goo’s core earlier.

“… But you…” Chanyeol looked away, his reply almost like a whisper. Kris didn’t miss it; he may have lost his powers but he was still a being higher than a human.

The elder stopped in his tracks and sighed frustratingly, “Stop moping around, stupid human. I’m fine.”

Chanyeol who was still walking stopped as well and turned around to face the angel behind him. He walked back to the elder, eyes landing back on the arm again once he was right in front of him. Kris narrowed his eyes and made an attempt to hide his arm behind his back.

“Kris!”

“It’s nothing.” Kris spat. “Besides, I’ve had worse injuries than this.”

“…” Chanyeol frowned further and kept his gaze on Kris’s face. The elder still had that cut on his lip from earlier. Unknowingly, Chanyeol reached out a hand and cupped one of the elder’s cheeks, sliding it down gently till the tip of his thumb touched the lower lip. “We should’ve put some kind of medicine here too.”

“…” Kris didn’t particularly dislike this side of the human but it also somewhat bothered him. “It’s nothing. It’s just a puny cut.”

“… Well…” Chanyeol tried to pull his hand away once he realized what he was actually doing but Kris grabbed his wrist, surprising him. “Wh-What?”

“Hearing you care is good once in a while.” Kris smirked and Chanyeol made a face.

“You – You always pick the worst times to make me mad.” Chanyeol grumbled.

“I thought I always made you mad.” Kris chuckled, more to himself.

Chanyeol didn’t respond and Kris loosened his grip on the younger male’s wrist. But then, what happened next surprised the angel. Chanyeol took a step forward and pressed a light kiss at the corner of Kris’s mouth.

“… Ah…” Was all Kris could utter. Chanyeol was still inches away from his face, his warm breath tickling the elder’s mouth ever so slightly.

“You may not know it but I’m a very kind human.” Chanyeol whispered. “It’s just that you and your antics always make me show you my ugly side.”

“Who’s conceited now?” Kris raised an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly. Chanyeol grumbled something under his breath. “And another thing, I don’t think you have any ugly sides at all.”

Chanyeol quickly his suddenly dry lips, leaning forward again and connecting foreheads with the elder. “That’s funny. I never knew you could give compliments.”

Kris smiled, “They’re only for you.”

Chanyeol blushed and glanced at nothing in particular, giving the elder a chance to kiss him.

“I’m not letting you talk to that guy alone.” Kris uttered, wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s waist. “He’s too… manipulative.”

“That’s not very nice.”

Kris heaved out a sigh, “Yeah well… he’s already got enough people singing praises for him.”

Chanyeol chuckled, pulling away but taking Kris’s hand with him. “Okay. Well, where are we going anyway? You never bothered to tell me.”

“Where everything started, of course.” Kris said, eyes looking past Chanyeol. The younger male raised a confused eyebrow before turning around. He opened his mouth slightly, a soft gasp escaping his lips. Of course, everything started there – on that very bridge that the two first met.

The two walked all the way to the spot where Chanyeol stood on that fated day. The younger male turned around to Kris. “So, we’re meeting him here?”

“No.” Kris looked uneasy for some reason. “Since this was where we first made contact, this is where the way will open.”

“The way?” Chanyeol was just lost. He looked around and then back at the river where his precious salary fell into. Judging from what he was looking, there was no other way but down there on the river. “Are you sure we got the right place?”

“…” Kris rubbed his injured arm unconsciously.

“… Does it hurt?”

“No.”

Chanyeol pouted. “Stop being stubborn about it! Here, let me--”

“Shh!” Kris placed a finger on Chanyeol’s mouth. The action made Chanyeol both blush and annoyed at the same time. “Here it comes.”

“What? What’s coming?” Chanyeol look around, instinctively scooting closer to Kris in the process. Chanyeol was half-expecting some marvelous light show from the heavens to pop out but something else happened.

Flap, flap, flap

A single white dove came flying in out of nowhere – coming in towards them.

“That’s it?” Chanyeol had to squint his eyes just to make sure. “That’s what’s going to take us to God?”

“…” Kris didn’t respond, he just stared back at the bird flying closer and closer towards them.

“Kris, it’s nice and all but I don’t think a bird can carry me… let alone you since you lost your powers.” Chanyeol continued.

“Hm.” Kris lifted his head up slightly once the bird was close enough. The bird tilted its pretty, little white head and turned its beady eyes towards Chanyeol.

“Uh…” Chanyeol didn’t know why but he took a step back once he was eye-to-eye with the dove.

“I’m taking him to see that guy.” Kris said to the dove, as if it could understand what he was saying. “It’s urgent. He needs to speak to him now.”

“What the--” Chanyeol leaned in to whisper. “You can talk to birds?”

“It’s not an ordinary bird, stupid human.” Kris whispered back before adding to the dove in his usual tone, “Well? What’ll it be?”

The bird flapped its wings and closed its eyes for a moment.

“Kris…” Chanyeol held onto his black sleeve for lack of anything better to do. “What…?”

“The doves are the messengers of heaven.” Kris explained, turning to face Chanyeol. “You can’t exactly meet with him unless you heads with one of these first. Or if you’re already someone who belongs to heaven.”

“But why here on the bridge? Do they come here every night or something?”

“More or less. These things are everywhere anyway.” Kris added. “But since you’re coming along, it has to be here since this was where you first made contact with someone from heaven – me.”

“O-Oh.” Chanyeol nodded, sort of getting it.

Flap, flap, flap

“Hm?” Kris turned around to face the dove still hovering slightly above them. Chanyeol didn’t miss the evident frown on his face. Kris seemed to always have one anyway but this time, it was seriously bad. “What do you mean I can’t come with him?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the statement, shooting his gaze at the dove still flying gently in front of them. He then turned back to Kris who looked like he was ready to grab the poor bird and rip its wings apart. “Kris? What’s going on?”

“Hey, what’s this about?” Kris spat, absolutely seething at the bird in front of him. “I have to go with him. I can’t leave him with that guy!”

Flap, flap, flap

“Why you..!” Kris made t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter