Chapter 5

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m telling you that I can completely handle myself.” Chanyeol growled under his breath as he walked down the busy sidewalk of Seoul to head for his job interview. His eyes shifted to the side as he happened to pass by a shop’s window and the reflection of his invisible partner came into view – well, at least for him.

Kris smirked back at the reflection and Chanyeol rolled his eyes, looking away. He then felt Kris come closer, his arm nudging his own. “What’s the big deal? Afraid that you’ll not make it and that I would have to witness every – single – moment of it?”

The way the angel-demon emphasized those three words really pissed Chanyeol off but Chanyeol had to hold back the urge to shout back at the angel because really, he couldn’t do that out in public like this. He would look like a lunatic, shouting at himself since no one can see Kris but him.

Chanyeol grumbled, walking faster. But Kris was an angel(-demon). He can move quicker than Chanyeol if he wanted to. Kris tapped his foot on the ground and began to float towards the human being. Kris was right beside Chanyeol when he added, “So, where are we going this time?”

“…” Chanyeol eyed him once before looking down at the papers in his hand that held his resume and the location of his (hopefully) new job. “… KC Vet Clinic.”

“How fitting.” Kris smiled down at him and Chanyeol stuck his tongue out, hoping that no one saw that.

“Shut up, you idiot.” Chanyeol grumbled.

“You’re more like an animal than a human and you get hurt a lot. I think you’ll be able to blend right in.” Kris shifted his position, placing his hands behind his head like he was performing a back float on water, except that he was floating on air and gliding backwards to follow Chanyeol.

“I’m telling you to shut up…” Chanyeol whispered with rage. “I swear, after all of this is done I am going to kill you.”

“You can’t kill me, stupid human.” Kris chuckled. “What will happen to you then? Have you forgotten our little conversation yesterday?”

Chanyeol shot a look at him as they waited for the stoplight to flash red. Just one more crossing and you’ll make it to the place. So far, nothing bad has happened yet. Maybe my 100,000 years’ worth of bad luck has gone down a bit… Chanyeol thought as he looked down at his shoes which were slightly covered in mud and dirt, trying to hide a growing smile forming on his lips.

“Hey, the light is blinking.” Kris said and Chanyeol snapped.

“Oh!” He gasped as he made a run for it to reach the end of the pedestrian lane. Kris was floating calmly behind him. “Stupid angel! Why didn’t you say so earlier?!”

“Why? I figured you could handle yourself.” Kris looked down at him with a smug look on his face that Chanyeol wanted to punch.

Chanyeol settled for grumbling again and as he could see the other side of the street, he tripped after stepping on a shoelace that decided to loosen itself at that right moment.

With a loud thud, he fell on the pavement just in time when the cars began to move. He pulled himself up, rubbing his nose.

“Ow…” Chanyeol groaned as people decided to ignore him. He looked down, noticing some droplets of blood dripping down. “Oh …” He grumbled.

“Come here...” Kris’s voice echoed and he looked up, tasting blood on his lips. His nose was bleeding and he placed a hand to cover half of his face as he got up with a wobble, following Kris as he squeezed in an alley way.

“Wha-What?” Chanyeol croaked, sitting on a box. “Ow…”

“You are really helpless, you know that, right?” Kris sighed, walking to be in front of him. He bent down and took Chanyeol’s hand off his face.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol questioned, trying to hide the fact that this was a bit embarrassing for him. He hadn’t forgotten yesterday’s fiasco – including the part when Kris stepped in on him as he ed. He was still shy to look at Kris squarely on the eye.

“What’s with that face?” Kris smirked and Chanyeol grimaced. What kind of face was he making?

“What are you talking about?” Chanyeol spat.

“I don’t know. You look like you’re inviting me.” Kris chuckled.

Chanyeol slapped his hand away as he attempted to touch the bleeding nose. “Idiot!”

“There, there. I’m going to help heal it.”

“Don’t touch me!”

“Stop being so stingy.” Kris frowned and poked his nose gently. “Being stingy won’t help you get a job.”

“You stupid…”

“… human.” Kris smirked.

Chanyeol was about to retaliate but Kris placed a hand on one of his shoulders, holding him down. Chanyeol stopped for a moment, the contact catching him off-guard. He blinked but held his breath when Kris suddenly moved in close, parting his lips and slipping his tongue out – the blood that was on Chanyeol’s upper lip.

Chanyeol turned red. No. He was beyond red. He was so red that all he could see was fog. What just happened?!

“When will you behave, hm?” Kris asked softly since he was so close to Chanyeol’s face. His brown orbs gazed back at Chanyeol’s shocked ones.

“I – er – you – ah--” Chanyeol was lost. Chanyeol was confused. Chanyeol was blushing.

Kris gave a light chuckle. The kind that sets girls on fire – but not Chanyeol. For Chanyeol, it was more like giving him the shivers. But not the disgusting kind. It was the kind that felt good… Which freaked Chanyeol out more because he shouldn’t be feeling good over a guy’s laugh.

“Now my client has lost the ability to speak.” Kris shook his head, disbelieving. “You lost that just from a bleeding nose? How…” He tilted his head slightly, thinking of a word.

Chanyeol had his mouth slightly open due to the shock. He wanted to say something but his tongue froze in place.

“Hm…” Kris eyed him before he placed a hand under his chin and pushed it gently, closing his mouth. “If you leave it hanging open like that, who knows what I’ll do next.”

God! What the-!? Chanyeol pushed himself back, his back hitting the wall and his hands gripping the sides of the box like he was going to fall off a cliff if he didn’t do so. What’s gotten into this guy?!

“Heh, you’re really cute right now.” Kris added and Chanyeol freaked out some more.

“K-Kris…?” He croaked when the elder leaned closer. First he his blood and now he’s calling him cute?! What else was he going to do?!

“What, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol was about to bury his back deeper against the wall when he realized something. Kris just called him by his first name. That never happened. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he noticed something was off. Kris’s eyes weren’t that light brown.

“Wait a second.” Chanyeol gasped. “You’re… You’re not Kris.”

‘Kris’ blinked his eyes and smiled an almost peaceful smile. “What are you saying? You must’ve lost a bit more blood than you--”

“Hey.”

Chanyeol whipped his head to the side to see the real Kris-the-angel-demon with his arms crossed and his face contorted in anger.

Ah, that’s him all right. Chanyeol’s mouth hung open again. There were two angel-demons right now. One was real but the other one….

“Get off him.” Kris growled and threw something that went too fast for Chanyeol to see. But Chanyeol could feel the air distorting at the speed of whatever Kris threw. Chanyeol gasped, hitting his head at the wall in an attempt at not getting skewered by the object.

“KRIS!” Chanyeol screamed. “Are you trying to kill me?!”

“I’m trying to kill that.” Kris grinned angrily. “You pest. To think you’d actually transform yourself to look like me. Well, you need more practice to be able to copy my looks.”

“Conceited bastard.” Chanyeol grumbled and Kris looked threateningly at him. “Wh-What?!”

“I chase after you for one second as you run for your life across the street and before I knew it, you were gone! And why in the world is your nose bleeding?”

“What?!” Chanyeol spat, getting up and coming in between the real and the fake Kris. “Listen here, I fell and probably broke a nose! You failure of an angel! How could you not notice that?!”

“You fell?” Kris looked at him incredulously. “How in the world did you fall?”

“I tripped! I don’t know! I stepped on my shoelace and--”

“You don’t have shoelaces.” Kris pointed out in a matter-of-fact voice.

“…!!” Chanyeol widened his eyes for a second and looked down. His shoes weren’t sneakers. They were the slip-in kinds. How could he have forgotten what his shoes looked like when he was looking at them not too long ago?! “But then..!!”

“I’ll tell you what you stepped on.” Kris took a step and Chanyeol instinctively stepped back. “That.”

Chanyeol turned around and the fake Kris was still smiling at him – almost too kindly.

“Wh-What…?” Chanyeol croaked and suddenly, his arm was being held firmly by the real Kris, pulling him towards him. Chanyeol felt a blush creep up. “What is that?!”

“That’s your little friend, stupid human.” Kris spoke, seething. “That’s the little black goo I trapped in the mayo jar which you left on the shelf.”

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol bellowed. “H-How did it escape?!”

“Well, it is like an imp. A mayo jar’s not much of a challenge for it, I guess. It must’ve pretended to struggle when we were looking so we would lower our guard down. I swear, I give you chance to live and you do this.” Kris lifted a hand and a white flame surrounded it. “This calls for divine punishment for you.”

The fake Kris flinched and made to step back but Kris directed his hand upwards. The white flame sprung up and then down, landing behind the fake Kris – trapping him.

Chanyeol was at a loss for words. Not only did that look totally cool but to think that this fake Kris was little goo! Chanyeol could understand now why he was so willing to be close to him – and why he bothered to li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter