Chapter 12

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“The least you could do is not make a mess of things.” Kris huskily whispered at Chanyeol’s ear, wrapping his arms around the younger male’s waist loosely but enough to put tension to said younger male’s nerves.

“Uh…” Chanyeol blushed, his lips trembling. “Then, don’t stand so close to me!”

“But I’m your guardian angel, remember? I have to stand close to you.” Kris said, pecking a kiss at the back of Chanyeol’s neck. “Just in case.”

“URGH!” Chanyeol gasped and then…

Pa-ng!

A loud noise echoed in the kitchen – the sound of a frying pan being dropped on the floor. Chanyeol hurriedly pushed Kris off and glared at him, face and eyes equally raging.

“Jerk! How can anyone make breakfast with that kind of harassment so early in the morning?!” Chanyeol barked.

Kris frowned, eyes glowering down at Chanyeol. “What? I’m just trying to be affectionate.”

“You’re trying to be a ert!” Chanyeol spat, bending down to get the frying pan and what was left of his so called ‘breakfast’.

“Seriously, you always make a mess of things.” Kris chuckled, covering his mouth to stifle the laugh. “Even in bed.”

“DO YOU WANT ME TO BURN YOU?” Chanyeol gripped at the frying pan tighter, his other hand right near the kettle where steaming hot water was boiling for the coffee.

“…” Kris looked aside, face quickly indifferent. “Try as you might, you won’t be able to do anything to injure me.”

“Conceited bastard.” Chanyeol hissed under his breath. He decided that it was just for the best to ignore this lunatic of an angel and get started on ‘breakfast’ all over again. He placed frying pan on the sink and began to wash it clean again. With how much he wasted on trying to make pancakes earlier, he decided that just some toast and coffee would do.

“No more pancakes?” Kris tilted his head to one side, his arms crossed in a very comfortable manner. “And here I was, waiting to taste some made by you.”

“…” Chanyeol froze, dropping his buttered toast on the plate. He turned his head to face Kris. “Y-You were going to try them?”

“…” Kris looked at him, bewildered for a moment before his mouth twisted to a full-blow smirk. “Oh~ Were you hopeful? Did you want me to?”

“Kh!” Chanyeol blushed. “Well, if you don’t want to then it’s fine! Besides, it’s your fault I have no more pancakes in the first place! What with your constant nipping at my ear like you’re some kind of bir--”

Chanyeol wasn’t able to finish – of course, because before he knew it, he was cornered to the counter, Kris’s body against his own. Kris leaned forward and Chanyeol leaned back. The elder snickered.

“Why are you moving away? I’m trying to kiss you.”

“I don’t want you to, isn’t it obvious?”

“Give it up already, stupid human.”

So much for making toast. Chanyeol thought to himself as his lips were taken in a jiffy. He groaned into the kiss as Kris slipped his tongue in easily. Chanyeol’s arms immediately fell limp as they sought to find something to hold onto, before long they were around Kris’s shoulders, undeniably pulling the angel closer to the human.

“What was that about not wanting me to?” Kris teased.

“Argh,” Chanyeol grumbled under his breath, burying his head on Kris’s shirt as he did so. “Stupid angel.”

 

After that little rendezvous in the morning that nearly cost Chanyeol his job (it made him really late), Chanyeol was now stuck at work at the vet clinic, helping the doctors and the staff all over the place. Since he was such a hard worker and with such long legs and arms and a good height to boot, Chanyeol was indeed a catch for many of the female employees – because really, who wouldn’t want this guy? Of course, the staff didn’t have to know that he was one of the unluckiest humans (possibly the most) in the world if not for Kris helping him out.

The mention of the angel-demon perked Chanyeol’s senses. He turned around and smiled to himself, seeing the angel-demon himself sitting at one of the chairs at the lobby, no one noticing him. He watched as Kris yawned and proceeded to take a short nap. He held back a chuckle.

“Chanyeol-ah?” A doctor called out.

Chanyeol flinched, “Oh, sorry! I was… spacing out.”

“That’s all right. Did you get the files I requested earlier?”

“Yes!” Chanyeol grinned and handed them, surprisingly, all neat and organized.

“Thank you.” The doctor smiled in return. “After you clean up the last operating table, you can go ahead, Chanyeol-ah.”

“Yes, sir!” Chanyeol nodded and turned around, noticing that Kris had fallen asleep. He sighed to himself at how quickly the elder slept on him. Hm… well… it’s not like anything bad will happen right?

His bad luck had greatly diminished. It was beginning to look like Chanyeol’s life was going to be that of a normal human being’s. He was happy, yes, but at the same time, something was consistently nagging on him.

After the last of his bad luck has been erased, would Kris go back to heaven?

Chanyeol shook his head. Kris himself mentioned that he didn’t mind taking the risk of having an affair with a human. He’s a good-for-nothing angel that likes to piss God off, after all. But.. still…

“Sooner or later, there would come a time when the two of us would part… right?” Chanyeol mumbled to himself.

“Part with who?”

Chanyeol gasped, turning around to see a female nurse smiling innocently at him. ! She heard me?! Uh-oh! “Uh-Uh….!”

“Oooh~ Park-sshi! Do you have a lover?” She blushed at the idea and the possibility of some gossip material.

“W-Well…” Chanyeol blushed at the blunt question. “Y-Yeah… I guess…”

“Oh my! What a waste!” She pouted playfully at him. “But anyway, since you were sounding so off, is everything all right with her? She must be some real beauty to get you to look like that, huh?”

“Huh? Look like what?”

The nurse giggled. “You’re face looks really different now~ I’m so surprised~”

“Wh-What?” Chanyeol pulled up a hand and touched his cheek. It was incredibly hot. Now he was concerned as to what kind of face he was making. “N-No… I just…”

“But this talk of parting… isn’t that kind of negative for you? Why would you want to part with that person?” She asked honestly again and Chanyeol was at a loss for words.

“N-No, I was just imagining things…” Chanyeol laughed nervously before he looked back at her. Her curious eyes shimmered. “Um… well… you see… we’re kinda… just… different for each other.”

“But isn’t that what makes it so exciting?” The nurse took a step closer to him.

“Well, yeah. But… I guess I’m just scared, is all.” Chanyeol sighed, rubbing the back of his head. “I mean… I’m always the one being taken care of… and I… I’m scared that if I lose that person… I don’t know what’ll happen to me. Ah… what am I saying…”

“No, no, it’s okay, Chanyeol-ah.”

Chanyeol blinked, surprised at how close the nurse was to him. In fact, the nurse had her hand on his chest, as if she was checking his heartbeat.

“E-Er…”

“It’s okay to let it all out, those insecure feelings of yours. In fact, I’m a little frustrated.” The nurse pouted.

“Wh-What?”

“To think that this person is making you feel this way.” She shook her head, disdain in her voice. “If it were me in that situation, I’d just leave the person.”

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol gasped and took a step back, not because of the remark alone but at the change in the nurse. No… wait a minute… I’ve… never seen this nurse before!

“What’s wrong, Chanyeol-ah?” The nurse’s voice somehow changed and her once dainty hands suddenly turned to black. Her brown, gentle orbs suddenly disappeared and were replaced with a scary white glare. Her hair and clothes slowly dissolved and her body became a mass of black goo with the figure of an anonymous creature.

B-Black goo! Chanyeol thought to himself as he tried to pry the hand of the “nurse” away from his chest. But this black goo was different from the previous ones. In fact, this was more menacing – more frightening – more…

“Come to me….”

“AAAH!” Chanyeol shouted as he pulled away, falling back and landing on his in return. He gasped, eyes wide at the black goo monstrosity before him.

The black goo let out a shrill laugh and pounced at Chanyeol but Chanyeol managed to find the strength to stand up just in time and make a get-away.

K-Kris! Kris! Where are you?! Chanyeol cried in his thoughts as he tried to out run the monster. But this black goo was of a totally different level. He man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter