Chapter 16

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris’s wounds had healed faster than anticipated. Chanyeol was both envious and happy at that fact. The wound had given him a bit of a nightmare, considering it was he who inflicted it upon the elder. Of course, that didn’t exactly mean he didn’t want to see Kris just to not be able to see the wound anymore. So when Chanyeol awoke and found Kris nowhere to be seen one morning, no one could blame the younger male for fearing the absolute worst.

“K-Kris?” Chanyeol croaked, getting off the bed while grabbing his shirt from the pile of recently ironed out laundry. “Kris? Where are you?”

He walked to the kitchen – nothing, not even a pot was on. He walked to the bathroom – empty. He walked back to his room-slash-living room and pondered in the middle, He bit his bottom lip.

Was he taken away by God or something? Chanyeol glanced to his side to look at the window. His mouth hung open slowly. The window was open. Chanyeol bolted from his spot in the middle of the room and poked his head out of the window, eyes scanning the sidewalk as fast as possible. Still no sign of the divine being.

“Kris?” Chanyeol called out, feeling half-stupid and half-dramatic about the whole thing. “Kris?!”

He heard a little thump from above and looked up. He saw half of Kris’s shoe peeking out.

“KRIS?!” Chanyeol bellowed, not minding the strange stares he was getting from down below. He knew no one can see Kris but right now, he didn’t care if he looked pretty crazy calling at nothing.

There was no response from the elder but half of the shoe was still there, peeking at him. Chanyeol gritted his teeth and bolted out of the room, muttering complaints to himself and wondering why the elder was up on the rooftop by himself.

Chanyeol climbed the fire exit and carefully got on the rooftop with much difficulty. Once he found his balance, he made his way to the angel in black, sitting close to the edge of the roof with his legs stretched, one leg over the other in a very casual manner.

“KRIS!” Chanyeol called out.

Kris turned around and nodded, acknowledging him.

Chanyeol grumbled. “Wh-Why didn’t you answer me?! The least you could’ve done was answer me!”

Kris smiled, raised one hand and motioned for Chanyeol to come sit beside him. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes before deciding to just get it over with. His mind was wondering why Kris was being quiet.

“Kris? What’s wrong? Why aren’t you saying anything?” Chanyeol sat down beside the elder, eyes never leaving him as he studied the being beside him intensely for any sign of what was going on. “Hey… talk to me!”

Kris turned his head and simply looked at him. He lifted up one hand and brushed it gently over Chanyeol’s cheek. Chanyeol blushed faintly but frowned, not liking the elder’s silence.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?!” Chanyeol spat. “Is… Is this some kind of side effect from the black goo? Hey!”

Silence.

Chanyeol’s eyes melted into complete panic and hysteria. “KRIS!” He lunged forward, grabbing the elder’s arms and forcing him to face him. “KRIS! PLEASE TALK TO ME!”

Kris let out a little chuckle before the chuckle turned to full blown hysterical laughter.

Chanyeol froze for a minute, wondering why he was laughing but the wonder quickly vanished when he heard him speak…

“Oh man, I never thought you’d react that way.” Kris panted, wiping a little tear that had formed in one eye after much laughing.

“Wh-What?” Chanyeol gawked at him, hands kind of frozen in place on Kris’s arms.

“I was just kidding, stupid human.” Kris smirked.

Chanyeol’s face contorted to complete rage. “THAT WASN’T FUNNY!”

“Yeah? Well, it was for me.”

“BASTARD! I THOUGHT SOMETHING SERIOUS HAD HAPPENED!”

“The only one who was seriously fretting over nothing was you.”

“! JERK! ERT!”

Kris simply laughed in return, causing Chanyeol to lose his composure and frustrations almost too instantly. There was something magical about the way the elder laughed… or smiled for that matter. Chanyeol liked seeing Kris happy. But still, to be the bait for it to happen made him feel terrible.

“I’m not forgiving you.” Chanyeol hissed under his breath, turning to face the horizon before him as he crossed his arms before his chest, pouting and sulking.

Kris sighed, moving one arm to place a hand close to Chanyeol’s waist. “Don’t sulk so much. I was just kidding with you.”

“Jerk.”

Kris chuckled, “I honestly did hear you the first time. But I was curious as to what you’d do if I didn’t answer. Would you come looking for me?”

“Well, guess what, genius – I DID!” Chanyeol retorted, shooting his head back to look at him. Their noses were a few inches apart and Chanyeol had to scold himself just to stop his cheeks from flourishing.

“Of course you did.” Kris said softly, “I would do the same as well.”

Chanyeol made a face. “Stop pulling your – your – moves on me! I still won’t forgive you!”

Kris smiled, pulling Chanyeol closer, his hand pressing on Chanyeol’s waist to push him forward. Chanyeol’s head rested on his shoulder and the elder pecked a light kiss on his cheek.

“If you forgive me easily, it wouldn’t be fun.” Kris whispered by his ear and Chanyeol whimpered lightly.

Chanyeol pulled away, feeling slightly uncomfortable with their position on the rooftop. Sitting on the roof tiles wasn’t exactly pretty comfortable to begin with. He was about to pull on the elder for them to go when he noticed the rim of the pocket watch peeking out from the elder’s black coat and Chanyeol instantly realized what Kris was really doing here.

“You…” Chanyeol’s hand swiftly dove in the coat and took it out. “You’ve been watching this, haven’t you?”

Kris tensed slightly when Chanyeol grabbed the pocket watch from him. He pressed his lips tight before he smiled slightly. “Well, good news, your bad luck has gone down after what happened last night.”

“Yeah, but I almost d-died… or…. You…! I almost killed you!”

Kris moved his hand and made to take the watch away from Chanyeol’s hands, “Well, that was my fault. I was careless.”

Chanyeol pulled the watch closer to him. “Things wouldn’t be like this if you had your powers. You wouldn’t be suffering this much.”

“It’s fine, stupid human. I did it out of my own accord and if you and your little brain still haven’t noticed it, I am madly in love with you.” Kris said it effortlessly that Chanyeol was rendered speechless. “I have no regrets with this deal that I’ve made with that guy if it means being a human again. I mean, I can’t exactly stay with you like… this….”

“But…” Chanyeol furrowed his brows. “If this keeps up…”

“Are you saying I’m weak?” Kris pressed his forehead gently against Chanyeol’s and the younger male gasped a little.

“W-Well, not exactly.”

“Well, it sure sounded like that. I’m not going to die easily if that’s what you’re worried about. Besides, let’s be honest, I am already dead to begin with.” Kris added but seeing as the younger male looked unaffected by it at all, he heaved out a sigh before he kissed him fully on the lips.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened like saucers when he felt his lips touch Kris’s. It always, always seemed to make his mind turn to mush. When Kris pulled away, the elder smiled, more to himself.

“I’ll do this.” Kris said. “I’ll get rid of your bad luck and become human again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter