Chapter 2

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol stirred, his empty stomach inevitably the reason for him waking up at this ungodly hour in the morning. He blinked his eyes slowly open, his vision blurring a second before focusing at his messy room. He lived in a rather small apartment – just big enough for any young bachelor like himself.

He pushed the blanket off his body and rubbed his eyes. He had a very strange dream. Something to do with a divine being up there, his predominant bad luck and an irate angel by the name of…

“Finally, you’re awake.”

Chanyeol blinked. Who said that? He turned his head slowly to his left to see the irate angel himself, arms crossed and sitting down on his floor – back leaning against the wall. Chanyeol stared for a moment before his insides churned again and he let out a death-defying scream.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

He rocked back, his head hitting his little cabinet for clothes and whatnot. Kris gritted his teeth, covering his ears as he glared angrily at the younger one.

“SHUT UP!”

“Y-YOU!” Chanyeol spat. “YOU’RE HERE?! N-NO! YOU’RE REAL!?”

Kris threw a pillow at his face before saying, “Well, to say I’m real is all up to the person. But for you, yes, I am real…. You dimwit.”

“Who’s a dimwit?!” Chanyeol growled before he threw the pillows and his blanket all over the place again. “Oh , y-you mean to tell me… th-that wasn’t a dream?!”

“What made you think you were dreaming?” Kris raised a frustrated eyebrow at the young one in front of him who was holding the sides of his head as if he had discovered that today was the end of the world. “Are you listening to me?”

“I-It’s not a dream…” Chanyeol mumbled to himself, cold sweat pouring out. “N-No wait. I could still be dreaming right now. That’s right. I just have to wake up!”

Kris looked at him as if he was deranged as he closed his eyes and opened them again, blinking to see Kris before looking utterly horrified.

“It’s not working!” Chanyeol screeched.

Kris stood up suddenly and Chanyeol flinched in his place. “Well of course it won’t work because you’re not dreaming. Get it together, idiot.”

“…” Chanyeol opened and closed his mouth several times before falling limply on the floor. He cried dryly, no tears coming out of his eyes. “I can’t believe this…”

“Well you better believe it.” Kris said impatiently, running a hand through his hair as he walked over to Chanyeol and pulled him by his arm. “Come on lazyass, get up.”

“Wh-What kind of angel are you?!” Chanyeol shrieked and gasped when Kris’s eyes glowered dangerously at him. Just then, one of Chanyeol’s pictures hanging on his wall fell by itself.

Chanyeol gasped with a hint of horror. “M-My graduation photo!”

“Tsk.” Kris huffed, pursing his lips together as he released Chanyeol, who hurriedly went over to clean the mess and to stare at his broken face pitifully.

“Wh-What happened…?!” Chanyeol whined. “A picture falling off the wall is a sign of bad luck..! I just woke up and…!”

“Hey,” Kris said and Chanyeol whipped his head back with a glare.

“It’s your fault, isn’t it?!” Chanyeol pointed a finger at him as he threw the photo to the side. Kris blinked, glared and narrowed his eyes all in three seconds. Chanyeol was downright scared considering that this “angel” could break bones with just a wave of his hand, but he was sure that it was his fault this time. He remembered something during his first “conversation” with him and he has noted that every time he had tried to hurt Chanyeol, something supernatural always seemed to happen.

“…Hmph.” Kris crossed his arms, surprising the younger one.

“What? You admit it?!” Chanyeol stood up like a bullet. “You admit that it’s your fault, huh!?”

“Be quiet!” Kris spat. He sighed frustratingly, his forehead creasing as he tried to think of what else to say. “All right. Listen closely…”

“What now?” Chanyeol hissed. “This better be something important.”

Kris narrowed his eyes again before he held back his already balled up fist. He let out another sigh before he glanced to his side, “It’s true that every time something like this happens, it is most likely my fault--”

“HA!” Chanyeol grinned victoriously but shut up immediately when Kris made a face that screamed for him to shut up.

“And that’s because it’s part of my… punishment… from that guy.” Kris shrugged. “Basically, every time I lose patience and/or try to hurt you in the process of losing my patience, he sends out warnings such as that one,” He said, head nodding to the broken photograph on the floor. “To remind me to calm myself down because…”

“… Because…?” Chanyeol tilted his head, eyes widening.

“…” Kris blinked, before he smirked, deciding to play with the human a bit. “Nah, never mind. I was just kidding with you.”

“What?!”

“All of that was because of your natural bad luck.” Kris snickered.

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol spat, walking towards the angel-slash-demon in two strides. “What do you mean you’re kidding?! Don’t kid with me!”

Kris smirked. “There’s no way something like that is because of me. It’s more likely your fault since you’re the one with the for bad luck.”

“It’s not a !” Chanyeol screeched before something in his memory popped up. “B-But you said yesterday that this was all God’s doing! How do you explain that?! If it’s all him, then it’s definitely not my bad luck!”

“Oh that?” Kris smiled at him as if he was having a nice conversation. “Well, that’s to ease your pain.”

“What do you mean?”

Kris placed his hand on his shoulder, patting gently. “No human would want to always hear that it’s their fault, right? I did you a huge favour.”

“..!?!?” Chanyeol pulled away, unable to spit out a retort as Kris smirked victoriously at him. “I DON’T BELIEVE YOU! THAT DIDN’T MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER!”

“Of course it didn’t.”

“YOU--!!”

Just then, Chanyeol’s door slammed open, causing the younger one to turn around with a horrified gasp. The apartment manager, who was a burly, ugly and disgusting middle-aged man, frowned at him.

“Up and at it already, aren’t we? Chanyeol-ah?” He groaned, scratching his chin.

“…” Chanyeol flinched, eyes darting to Kris who was crossing his arms and leaning against the wall as if he wasn’t there – which was the case. Damn it. I almost forgot that nobody else but me can see him! “G-Good morning…”

“What do you think you’re doing screaming your head out? Hah? Who ya talking to?”

“N-No one….”

“Ya little brat.” The manager walked up to him and held him by the chin. “Your racket woke me up from my pretty good dream. That’ll definitely cost a bit with your monthly rent.”

“..!” Chanyeol gasped. “H-Hang on a second! I can’t afford to pay more than..!”

“What’s that?” The manager snickered. “Ya got more to say?”

“…” Chanyeol bit his lip before he shook his head weakly. “No…”

“Hmph.” The manager narrowed his eyes, scanning the room as if he felt Kris’s presence before he shrugged it off quickly and left. “Remember, Chanyeol-ah. By the end of the week, I want that fat envelope of money on my desk.”

“At the end of the week…!?” Chanyeol gasped. “W-Wait! I can’t! I just got fired and..!”

“Not my problem.” And the door was slammed shut before Chanyeol could make out another excuse to extend the payment.

There was a strained silence that enveloped the two. Chanyeol gulped. What an embarrassing turn of events. Ugh. I really don’t want to look at this angel-slash-demon right now… Chanyeol held the ends of his shirt before taking his chances and turning his head slowly to steal a peek at the male behind him…

“That was pretty intense.” Kris’s face was inches away from his by the time he had turned his head. Chanyeol held his scream back as he covered his mouth and stumbled backwards, landing on his bed with tainted cheeks.

“You--!!” Chanyeol hissed.

“What?” Kris still had his arms crossed over his chest, “You were so busy standing still I thought you had died just from that. I was waiting for you to say something but you didn’t. So…”

“You didn’t have to stand so close to me!”

“Hm?” Kris blinked before he tilted his head to one side with a sly smile. “What’s this? Are you feeling embarrassed?”

Chanyeol blushed again. “N-No! I’m not! Shut up!” He got up, quickly heading for his little closet to get some new set of clothes. He had realized that he had not changed at all and he could feel the smell of what he did yesterday coming off. He groaned as he tried to get his pants out of his drawer, which had stuck terribly.

“Damn it!”

“You are really hopelessly unlucky, aren’t you?” Kris said, walking towards him and Chanyeol flinched, feeling his presence from behind.

“No! Don’t come nearer! You’re only going to make things worse!”

“That’s rude.” Kris said, placing his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder and pushing him slightly to one side. “Let me.” He took the drawer before gently tugging it free and it slid easily out, revealing his cheap pants.

“…” Chanyeol gawked at the miracle. “How did you…?”

Kris turned to him and raised an eyebrow. “Are you seriously asking me that?”

“Ugh, never mind then.” He said taking his pants from Kris’s hands and standing up. He blinked as the other male was gazing up at him from the floor. “What are you looking at?”

Kris raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“T-Turn around!”

“…” Kris took a second to process what he meant before he laughed. “Are you embarrassed? What are you, a girl? Just hurry up and get changed already.”

“Kh--!” Chanyeol gripped his new clothes tighter. “Turn around, damn it!”

Kris sighed, “Such a wimp.” And he turned around, his head facing away from Chanyeol.

“Under no circumstances should you turn back until I tell you to.” Chanyeol’s eyes glowered at Kris’s back and his voice dropped a pitch deep.

“I got it, my lady.”

“… Idiot.” Chanyeol hissed under his breath before he took off his clothes and changed.

The sound of rustling clothes in the silence actually made things worse for Chanyeol. He looked to the side and sighed. It feels like I’m some kind of e… W-Wait! Why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter