Chapter 22

Wish Me Luck!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Chanyeol!” Kris turned around, “Chan--” Kris abruptly stopped, feeling the presence of something definitely not human approaching. One second he was seeing Chanyeol in front of him, looking frightened as hell, the next he was pushed aside by something incredibly strong.

“Urgh!” The angel grunted, losing track of Chanyeol. He was being pushed into the forest and before he could muster up the strength to hit whatever it was that was pushing him, his back had hit the body of a tree. “Ugh!”

There was a high-pitched hissing sound that followed afterwards. Kris shook his head to wake himself up and found himself face to face with the black goo itself.

Chanyeol! I have to get back to Chanyeol! Was all that was in Kris’s mind. He zoomed past the black goo but felt the creature try and strike him with something; he turned around, evaded the object and skidded to a halt at the side.

The black goo grinned wildly at him, pulling the scythe-like arm back to its body. Kris narrowed his eyes. This black goo only had one arm.

Kris frowned, realizing that this was going to take longer than planned considering that he no longer had powers. He thought back to what happened during its first attack at the open space, when the dragon had stopped it. Kris wasn’t stupid enough (unlike a certain human somewhere in this forest) not to put two and two together and realize that this black goo was just one half of the whole creature – explaining the fact that it only one arm.

“So, you split yourself up again, huh?” Kris said, standing straight and clapping his hands clean from whatever dirt was on them. The other half must be with Chanyeol... Damn!

The black goo hissed in response.

“Sorry, I got no time to play with you.” Kris meant to run back to where Chanyeol probably is when the black goo struck again and Kris nearly lost his foot, the scythe-like arm just a few inches from his leg. Kris glared at it. It had gotten stronger than before – and this was just one half of it.

The black goo screeched an ear-piercing screech, lunging forward, its scythe-like arm transforming to something resembling a sword aiming for Kris’s chest. Kris dodged the straightforward attack, only to fall back as the black goo sliced sideways, trying to cut his head instead.

“Kh..!” Kris fell back on the ground with a thud, the back goo turning around to his direction. Within seconds, a sprinkle of blood splattered around as Kris stopped the blade with his own hands – the black blade just inches from his face.

“Die, angel!” The black goo screamed, pushing harder but the blade refused to budge in Kris’s hold. The angel’s hands were covered in blood and black goo and Kris grunted in pain as he withheld the attack with his bare hands.

“Agh!” Kris shouted, summoning up the strength to push the blade away. He kicked the black goo on the abdomen, pushing the blade sideways before punching the godforsaken face of the monster looming over him. The black goo screamed, shaking its head in pain. Kris rolled back and got up to his feet, the blood in his hands streaming down to the earthy ground beneath him, “Damn it...”

The black goo cackled, its sword-like arm suddenly transforming back to a scythe-like weapon. “Die.”

“Too bad,” Kris wiped the blood from his hands onto his clothes. “I’ve died once, I don’t plan on dying again.”

All he got in response was a loud and unpleasant scream. Kris bent forward preparing for any kind attack. The black goo chuckled sardonically before bringing the blade to its mouth, the angel’s blood clean from it. “An angel with no powers dares to beat me?”

“Half of you, at least.” Kris smirked before making a sprint towards it.

The black goo gave out a shrill laugh, swinging the blade once as if to aim for Kris’s head. Kris ducked while running towards the black goo, he fisted his hand and punched the goo straight in the gut. The black goo grunted in pain before kicking Kris on the stomach.

“Ugh!” Kris coughed and when he realized that the black goo distracted itself by grinning madly like a Cheshire cat down at him, he grabbed the goo’s jet black leg and pulled it upwards, causing the monster to lose balance and fall flat on the ground.

“You..!” The black goo screamed, transforming its black scythe-like arm into that of a sword again, aiming to pierce Kris straight at the heart. Kris dodged the attack but only barely – he groaned for a second as his side was cut by the blade. He wobbled as he loomed over the black goo but maintained his ground, taking the blade in his hand again to direct it towards its owner.

“How about you die?!” Kris shouted, switching the target of the blade from him to the black goo itself. The angel slammed his fist on the black goo’s demonic face before piercing its chest with its own blade.

The black goo let out a long and agonizing scream, its blade glued to its chest. Kris continued to push the blade deeper, twisting it in the wound to make sure that it really dealt damage. The black goo started to tremble uncontrollably and before long, its body began to disintegrate. It let out one last ear-piercing scream before vanishing completely.

Kris panted, his hand bloodier than ever. He rested on the ground for a moment, trying to catch his breath. He slowly got up, grabbing onto a tree nearby for support. “Damn...” He shook his head, moving one free hand to cover the gash on his side. This is such a pain in the ...

In the distance, his superb hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter