Episode 04

❝ We Got Babies! ❞

FYI: The authors have decided on a sequence on when the chapters will be posted. We will be posting two chapters every after three weeks so that we can have our own time to write our individual stories and for us not to lose the spark with this story. XD That said, next episode will be up on April 1 - April Fool's Day! XD

 


 

As previously mentioned in the last episode, the EXO guys had been tasked to find their wives. They did so with great difficulty but successfully did the mission. Now, the twelve couples have gathered in the big tent for one big announcement…

Hm? Xiumin thought as he and his wife were the last to gather at the big tent. Didn’t Yoonji have a little girl with her? What did she say to me..? “Is he my papa?”… Wait a minute.

Xiumin then exclaimed loudly, facing Yoonji, “Am I a papa?!”

Yoonji, and everyone else for that matter, turned to him with wide eyes. “Um, actually--”

“Okay!” One of the production staff interrupted, calling their attention. “So, since Xiumin had mentioned about being a papa… I’m sure you guys must be curious about it.”

“No, not really.” Kai said with a dismissive look. “Can we go now?”

“But you must be curious!” Another staff member said exasperatingly.

“Um, I’m curious…” Luhan lifted up a finger slowly causing the staff to look at him with thankful eyes.

“Very good, Luhan. Now that all of you are curious,” The staff member added, with Kai whining in the middle about not being curious but was ignored anyway. “Guess what? Your mission does not end here!”

The staff applauded by themselves with the EXO guys looking around totally confused while their respective wives laughed nervously at their reactions.

What?” Kris was the first to break their applause. “What do you mean our mission doesn’t end here?”

“Hehe~ Actually, we made you believe that this show was We Got Married, but it’s not.”

“WE’RE NOT MARRIED?!” Chanyeol whined, but was nudged by Tao to shut him up.

“This show is actually called We Got….” The staff member paused, eyeing each member before exclaiming. “Babies!!!

Silence enveloped the whole scene and then…

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT~!?” The EXO guys shouted together, eyes wide and mouths hanging open.

“But we’re not ready! We’re too young!” Baekhyun rationalized, looking to Yuna for support. But Yuna looked away.

“I have a kid?! Really?! How?! We didn’t even--” Chen panicked but a hand had covered his mouth in time. Suho’s hand to be exact.

“Chen! Do not say that word!” Suho hissed, slightly turning red.

“Wait… s-so, what does that mean? Where’s the… baby?” Tao looked around, confused.

“You can’t see them until you find them.” Sooyeon murmured lowly but enough for everyone to hear.

“Huh? I don’t get it.” Lay shook his head before turning to Eunmi. “Do you?”

Eunmi sighed but before she could explain, the producers called their attention. “Hang on, guys. It’s our job to explain here. We won’t have enough limelight if the girls would explain it to you.”

“Oh, sorry. So, go ahead.” Eunmi said, nodding her head to the producer to continue.

“Okay, thanks.” The producer cleared , before explaining. “Well, it turns out that it’s the girls’ job to explain the second mission to their respective husbands. Fighting!”

The girls looked at the producer like they were going to kill her. But obviously, they couldn’t, so instead they settled for glaring and sighing frustratingly at her before turning to their husbands who looked back at them with lost eyes.

“You knew?!” Sehun gawked at his wife.

“S-Sorry!” Yunmi apologized, immediately feeling guilty. Her face turned slightly red from being gawked at by Sehun. She was beginning to lose her vocabulary as she tried to explain, “Um… Uh… W-Well…”

But before she could make a coherent sentence, Minjung had stepped out in front of the group and called for everyone’s attention, “Guys, listen up. I will be the one to explain since not one of the girls is capable of explaining the second mission.”

Kai widened his eyes at his wife’s abrasiveness as D.O whispered to Kai, “That’s your wife?”

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.” Minjung scoffed before adding, “So, the second mission goes like this. Each couple has one kid and they’re at the playground in the middle of the park--”

“ALL RIGHT! I GOT IT! LET’S GO!” Chanyeol beamed, excitedly grabbing Kyungmi’s wrist to pull her along with him.

Minjung growled at him, “Wait, I’m not done yet.” She rolled her eyes discreetly, “So as I was saying, the kids are at the playground and they have pins with an assigned animal that represents each of you guys.”

“An animal?” Kris raised an eyebrow. “Are we that ‘out of this world’?”

Minjung ignored him, “So, girls, tell your husband what animal your kid has. That’s the least you could do, right?”

Some of the girls growled a little at the bossy little princess of the group as they turned their husbands.

“Chanyeol! You’re a giraffe, of course!” Kyungmi beamed, receiving a high-five from Chanyeol.

“So, Kris, your animal is an angry bird.” Jangmi smiled sweetly at him.

Kris groaned, “Well, I figured.”

“Luhan, hey Luhan, Luhan~” Hwa Young called but Luhan didn’t respond because he was in his own little world, that is, until Hwa Young placed a hand at the back of his neck, pulling his head towards hers. “Luhan~”

“Yes?” Luhan responded as if he heard her for the first time.

Hwa Young sighed a little, “Listen, your animal is a koala. Okay?”

“Okay.” Luhan nodded, smiling.

Yoonji got closer to Xiumin who was eyeing her, already expecting something since his earlier thoughts had been proven true. Yoonji grinned at him, saying, “Oppa, your animal is a bear!”

Xiumin blushed at hearing the word ‘oppa’. He was expecting something, but he wasn’t expecting that. He was lost for a moment but when Yoonji snapped her fingers in front of him, he gained back his senses. “R-Right. Bear. Got it.”

“Tao. Panda.” Sooyeon merely turned her head to her husband and turned away again before he could ask a question.

“Uh? Oh… Okay.” Tao scratched the back of his head, slightly confused but preparing himself for the second mission.

“Chen~! Guess~!” Soojin grinned before she started to howl, “Awoo~”

Chen widened his eyes, “Wh-What? I’m a… wolf?”

“Yeah!” Soojin did a thumb’s up at him who laughed at her actions.

Baekhyun, who had witnessed the whole thing, had another genius idea. He turned to his wife with a smile, “Yuna, can you do better than that?” He said, expecting a cat or something cute – like him.

Yuna raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. “What? You want me to moo?”

“Aha! So I’m a cow!” Baekhyun clapped his hands together before he realized what he was, “Wait! I’m a cow?!”

Sehun and Yunmi, who heard the whole thing, laughed together but had to shut up when Baekhyun glared at them. Sehun cleared his throat and looked back to Yunmi, “So, what’s my animal?”

“You’re a deer, Sehun.” Yunmi replied with a shy smile.

“Cool.” Sehun replied smirking with Baekhyun whining at the background about how the dongsaeng was a deer while he was a cow.

Suho looked at his own wife too, lightly laughing, “Well, I’m not expecting much... So…”

Eun Jae giggled, “Oppa, you should be! Because you’re a lion~!”

Suho blushed slightly at such a powerful animal, “A l-lion…”

“Don’t start roaring at us from now on, hyung.” Lay snickered before turning to Eunmi. “Well, lay it on me.”

Eunmi chuckled before saying, “You’re a ram.”

“What? Ham?” Lay leaned forward, close enough for Eunmi to whisper at his ear if she wanted to. Eunmi rolled her eyes.

“No. A ram.” Eunmi emphasized, her voice breaking slightly as she held back her laughter.

“Oh, I got it.” Lay nodded, “I was wondering why I would be a ham.”

Eunmi covered , trying to control her laughter. Meanwhile, Yoonshik approached D.O with a smile on her face, “D.O, your animal looks exactly like you – especially with the eyes.”

D.O’s eyes widened at that very moment and Yoonshik clapped her hands saying, “Yeah! Like that!”

“I… don’t get it.” D.O tilted his head, confused. But then everyone else who heard them answered for him.

“You’re an owl.”

D.O nodded, “Ahh~ I see! An owl!”

Last but not the least was Kai, who was already expecting something cool and y – like a black panther maybe? He looked towards his wife with expectant eyes as he extended his arms.

“Go on. Tell me what I am.” Kai said.

Minjung hesitated, for once. “Well, your handsome and all but don’t expect too much.”

Kai blinked, “Hm? Just say it! You’re killing me here!” However, Minjung hesitated. “Go on~! I’m a panther, right?”

“More like, the tail of the panther….” Minjung smiled awkwardly.

“Huh?”

“You know, like… this.” Minjung lifted up a finger, bending it every now and then – like – a ‘worm’.

Kai looked at her finger, confused. But the others were already holding back their laughs. He pouted, “What? I don’t get it~”

“Ugh!” Minjung groaned. “Why are you so slow when it comes to these things~? Listen, you’re a caterpillar!”

“I’M A WHAT?!” Kai screamed, his black panther image now broken. “I’M A CATERPILLAR?!”

But at that exact moment, one of the producers – who had somehow expected his reaction – cut him off. “Okay! Now that you all know your animals, go and find your kids! Go!”

The EXO guys grabbed their wives and made their way to the playground at the center of the park. They reached the park and was greeted with a king size playground, kids everywhere. They had to find their kid somewhere in this crowd of other kids. They had the clue of a pin with their animal on it but seeing as the kids were crawling, jumping, running and rolling around everywhere – that clue was beginning to be too difficult to see.

“Great.” Kris placed his hands on his hips as his eyes scanned the whole playground. He and the rest of the guys stared at the scene before them, not realizing that their wives were secretly stepping away from their sides to stay by the sidelines. The girls were given rules not to help their husband search for their baby.

So, it didn’t come as a surprise when Luhan turned around and didn’t see Hwa Young beside him anymore. He blinked, making sure he was awake and not dreaming. When he was sure that Hwa Young was really not there, he began to… secretly… panic.

“Hwa Young?” Luhan looked around and saw Hwa Young cheering for him at the sidelines, moving her hands in a way that told him to go on. “…?”

“HEY! WHERE’D MY WIFE GO?!” Chanyeol shouted, “OH! FOUND HER! KYUNGMI! HOW’D YOU GET THERE?!”

Kyungmi merely waved back but looked like she was trying her best to keep shut.

“Well, it looks like the wives won’t be helping us.” Suho sighed. He smiled at the rest of his group members, “Well, guys, let’s get this over with.”

 

Luhan entered the maze of toddlers and crawling babies, trying to look for a pin with a koala on it. He remembered seeing a baby with Hwa Young earlier during the wife hunt. He turned his head left and right in search of that baby.

“Good thing I have a good memory, unlike someone….” He murmured, eyes discreetly moving towards Lay at one side of the playground.

Luhan had moved towards the sandbox area where he saw a baby boy playing with a shovel. The baby looked familiar so Luhan moved closer.

“Hee~ Hee~ Hee~” The baby played with the shovel like it was the most amazing thing in the world. He was making holes on one side, then moved to the other, eventually covering the first holes that he made.

Luhan leaned forward to see if the pin was really there and if it was, had a koala on it. But the happy baby suddenly began to crawl!

“Ah! Hey!” Luhan gasped, quickly catching the baby by his shorts but the baby didn’t stop. Luhan had to somehow “crawl” with him so as to not strip the baby off his clothing. “Stop! Wait!”

“Hee~ Hee~ Hee~” The baby boy continued to giggle but turned around and saw Luhan, holding his shorts. “Wee~!” The baby squealed, rolling to land on his back, extending his hands for Luhan to hold.

“Ahaha~ Okay~” Luhan chuckled, accepting his hands and lifting him up. His eyes immediately zoned in on the pin and… “I FOUND HIM!”

“WHAAAAT?!” Everyone exclaimed, turning their heads to his direction as he held up the baby like he was the baby cub in Lion King.

“Luhan! You traitor!” Kai hissed. “We were supposed to find them together!”

“No~” Luhan stuck out his tongue, pulling his baby close to his chest.

“Hee~ Hee~” The baby continued to laugh, taking hold of one of Luhan’s ears and playfully squeezing them. Luhan laughed as he began making his way out of the playground and to Hwa Young.

“Hwa Young, this is our baby! I found him!” Luhan said with a bright smile.

“Wow~” Hwa Young’s eyes widened. “How did you do that so fast?”

“I saw him with you before.” Luhan explained, “I saw you kiss him by the temple and… yeah. I thought he was your baby at that time too, actually.”

Hwa Young smiled, “Well, he is our baby~ His name is Hong Hui.” She held one of Hong Hui’s hands. “Hong Hui, this is your appa~”

“Awwa….” Hong Hui grinned before entering another fit of giggles.

 

Xiumin was by the slides, standing at the end and looking at every kid who slid down to see if the baby girl he had seen earlier with Yoonji was there and had a pin on her clothing. He sighed, knowing all too well that this method was really slow to work with and that he might end up finding his child last again.

He looked at the last child that slid down when he saw a familiar looking girl under the slides. He bent down, wishing that he didn’t have to.

“Ugh~” He groaned but when he did, the little girl turned around. He blinked, realizing that it was not the baby girl he saw earlier. No~ I just got down here for nothing!

“Hey~”

Xiumin turned around when he heard someone call for his attention. It was the girl from earlier! And… bits of noodles were by . What the?

“Uh…?” Xiumin blinked, awkwardly smiling at his awkward position under the slides.

“What are you doing?” She said, her pronunciation a little off.

“…” Xiumin narrowed his eye at her and smiled, “Good question.”

Upon hearing that, she started to giggle and got under the slides with him. “Are you my appa?”

Xiumin was about to say something when his eyes went to the upside down pin on her clothes. It was a bear! “Omo!” He shouted.

“Wah~!” The little girl flinched and covered , seeing Xiumin doing the same.

“YOU’RE MY BABY!” Xiumin jumped, hitting his head under the slide. “Ouch!” He bent back down and held the back of his head.

“Uwa?” The little girl tilted her head, confused.

Xiumin puffed out his cheeks before taking her and got out of that enclosed space. “AT LAST~!”

“What?” Kai turned around, hearing Xiumin gasp for air like he was holding his breath underwater. “What’s up, hyung?!”

“I FOUND MY BABY~!” Xiumin was grinning, holding the little girl up. “Look! She has the bear on her pin! She has the bear on her pin!”

Kai widened his eyes at the discovery, “No way~! Hyung! You too?!”

“I’ll see you guys around~” Xiumin said, his cheeks puffing out teasingly as he held the baby girl tighter to his chest and got out of the playground to head to where his wife was. Yoonji was beaming at the sight of Xiumin and their baby together.

“You did it!” Yoonji clapped her hands and Xiumin laughed shyly, a light blush coming up his cheeks.

“Well~ I remembered seeing her with you. She wanted to go pee, remember?” Xiumin said.

Yoonji giggled, “Ah~ right.” She turned to the little girl. “Hway Dyok~ This is your appa~”

“Appa!” Hway Dyok clapped her hands together, laughing, before turning around to Xiumin with wide eyes. “Appa! Noodles!”

 

Kai pouted as he watched Xiumin interact with Yoonji and Hway Dyok. “No fair~ I want to find my child soon~” He whined, looking around. He got a pat on the shoulder from Kris as he did so.

“No use in complaining. But man, these kids can sure run.” He said, quickly wiping some sweat from his forehead.

“Hyung, were you chasing after them?” Kai held back a chuckle.

“Well, unlike some people,” He narrowed his eyes at the giraffe easily getting close to some kids, “These kids just seem to run away from me.”

“They find your height and face intimidating~” Kai teased and quickly dodged a nudge from the elder.

“Whatever,” Kris turned around and headed for the other side of the playground, hoping to catch another batch of youngsters to check for any pin.

Kai sighed in relief as he evaded the wrath of the elder. He pulled up the sleeves of his top like he was getting ready to work on something heavy, “All right. Where are you, Kai Jr.?” He said, eyes glancing around for the pin with a caterpillar on it.

He was eyeing the little cute children playing near the swings when he felt someone bump into him. Kai turned around and was faced with a child a little older than the rest.

“Sorry,” The child bowed slightly, smiling politely.

“Oh, no, it’s okay.” Kai grinned, head turning back to look back. When he snapped his head back when his head finished processing what just happened. The child had a pin. And it wasn’t just any kind of pin. It was a pin with a caterpillar on it!

“HEY!” Kai shouted as the child walked away, trying to make sure some of the kids didn’t hurt themselves with whatever they were doing. “Hey~ kid~”

“Huh?” The child looked back up at Kai before blinking his eyes and looking away.

“Hey, why aren’t you looking at me?” Kai pouted.

“I remember my umma telling me not to talk to strangers.” The child simple said, before carrying a younger child and putting her in the sandbox along with the rest of the children.

“What!” Kai spat but quickly regained himself as he shook his head. This was a kid. He wasn’t going to lose his cool over a kid. “Listen, I just want to check on something. Could you turn around?”

“…” The boy looked at him squarely before turning around. “What is that?”

“That is…” Kai’s eyes went down to his shirt and then… “CATERPILLAR!”

The child took a step back, warily looking at him. “I don’t know if you’re awake or something but I’m not a caterpillar, mister.”

“No! I mean… ugh!” Kai was flailing his arms around before he grabbed the kid by his wrist and pulled him out of the playground. “I found him! I FOUND MY KID!”

“Finally!” Minjung said with a victorious smile. “Welcome back, my cute Yaozu~”

“Umma?” Yaozu blinked his eyes, looking to and fro between her and Kai. “Do you know this man?”

“Yes, Yaozu. He’s your appa.”

“He is…?” Yaozu’s eyes widened as he looked at his appa. “You’re my appa?”

Kai grinned, “You got that right~ You’re lucky to have me as your appa!”

Yaozu nodded his head vaguely but in his head was the thought, I wonder about that…

 

Kris had had enough of chasing after children. How can he find his child at this rate? These children were bombshells of destruction on their own. Kris looked around, not finding his child with the pin of an angry bird anywhere.

“Where is my kid?” Kris crossed his arms when he decided to take a moment to have a break. He sat down on one strange looking animal-slash-seat, sighing in relief as he finally relaxed his legs. He looked at one cameraman filming him.

“It’s tiring~” He said to the camera, not noticing a little girl beside him simply sitting there.

The cameraman seemed to have decided to help him out, moving over to the little girl to focus on her face – her indifferent face.

Kris turned around and widened his eyes at the little girl who looked back at him. The two entered a staring contest, both cold faces having a showdown.

Where did this baby come from? Was what Kris was thinking. He looked down to check at the pin and internally panicked. That’s an angry bird! An angry bird! This kid is…!

He suddenly bolted up, but the child in front of him remained frozen in her indifferent state, her eyes following his every move.

“You’re my baby!” Kris clapped his hands, smiling at finally finding his child, when he realized that she must’ve been here all along. “Wait… you’re my baby?”

“…” The baby girl looked back at him before looking back at the animal seat she was in.

“Yeah, you’re my kid.” Kris sighed before taking her in his arms and making his way out of the playground. Just then, he heard Chanyeol scream.

“HYUNG~!? YOU’RE DONE?!” Chanyeol whined, carrying one kid on his shoulders.

“That’s because you’re just playing around, Chanyeol.” Kris said.

“Says the person who was running around chasing after kids earlier.” Lay said with a sly smile as he turned his head away just when Kris turned to look at him with a little glare.

“Hmph.” Kris walked out of the playground and headed for his wife, Jangmi, who was smiling excitedly at them. “I found her.”

“Yeah~! Good job, Kris!” Jangmi said, taking one of the baby girl’s hands. “Emi~ Emi~ This is your appa~”

“…” The baby girl called Emi pressed her lips together, turned to look at Kris one last time before leaning her head at the crook of Kris’s neck.

Jangmi blushed at the sight because a totally handsome creature such as Kris was holding a baby in his arms, her baby. The baby was also leaning towards him and it was the most amazing thing in the world.

“She sure doesn’t talk much,” Kris chuckled softly as the little girl lay still in his arms.

“Yeah, she doesn’t.” Jangmi giggled.

 

“WHERE ARE YOU, MY BABY?!” Chanyeol looked around, screaming. But upon seeing him and hearing his voice, the children gathered around him and began clinging to his legs and pulling shirt.

“Let’s play! Let’s play!” They screamed at him but he has had enough of playing… maybe.

“Eh~ I have to find a pin with a giraffe, little kids!” Chanyeol said, lifting up one kid up in the air anyway.

“Giraffe! Giraffe!” The children pointed at him.

“No~ Not me~” Chanyeol pouted, putting the child he picked up down. “I can’t play right now, kids, so~”

“Aww~” The kids whined but they slowly began to go ahead and go about their business.

Chanyeol looked around, wondering what his child looked like and the like. He was walking towards the side of the playground where a baby boy sat at the corner, head looking up at the apple tree outside the playground’s perimeters.

Chanyeol chuckled to himself, “Aw~ Doesn’t he have a playmate?” Chanyeol walked towards him and began to tickle him from behind. “Hey, buddy~!”

The child didn’t exactly laugh. Instead, he looked back, drool coming out his mouth. Chanyeol laughed, when he got a look at the pin on the boy’s shirt.

“GIRAFFE!” He shouted, lifting him up and started to jump up and down. “I FOUND HIM! I FOUND MY BABY~!” He didn’t waste any moment leaving the playground as the rest of the EXO guys looked back at him.

“Chanyeol!” Kyungmi grinned, waving a hand at him. “You found Chin Ho!”

“Chin Ho? Is that his name?” Chanyeol grinned before looking at the baby in his arms. “Hi, Chin Ho! I’m your appa!”

“Muu~” Chin Ho replied, eyes moving back to the apple tree.

“Hehe~ Chin Ho likes apples.” Kyungmi stated and Chanyeol nodded his head, taking a mental note of it.

“I like apples too!” Chanyeol said, rubbing Chin Ho’s tummy.

 

Chen sighed, having gone through one side of the playground in search of his kid. He was beginning to worry that he was going to be the last to find his kid. What would that make him look like? He sure didn’t want that to happen because he wanted to look cool to his wife, who was watching him from the sidelines.

“Hyung, did you find your baby?” Tao’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Nope. How about you, Tao?”

“No luck too,” Tao sighed. “What if they’re not here?”

“Don’t be silly, Tao~” Chen slapped his arm playfully.

“But the production seemed to enjoy pulling surprises at us…”

“Eh… good point.” Chen chuckled pathetically before walking towards the other side. “I just hope my child is cute~”

Tao smiled back in response, knowing his hyung’s eye for pretty things. “Your wife is pretty too, huh?”

Chen chuckled, “She is but she’s pretty… what’s the word… boyish? It was totally unexpected.”

“Oh,” Tao nodded his head when his eyes caught on something. “Hyung!”

“What?” Chen looked around in surprise.

“My baby! I found him!” Tao made a run for it as he caught the baby just in time before he entered the play tunnel. “Got you!”

“Uwa~!” The baby whined and wiggled, “Uu~!”

“Ah, stay still, please! You might get hurt!” Tao pulled him up and smiled to himself. “Yes! The panda!”

“Tao!” Chen had managed to catch up, seeing a pretty girl nearby looking at Tao and the baby in his arms.

“Are you his appa?” The young girl asked shyly.

“Huh? U-Uh… yeah.” Tao smiled back at her before looking back at Chen, “Hyung! I found him!”

“Good for you!” Chen laughed, looking back at the girl again who was looking at him as well. Before he could say something, the little girl took a step back and fiddled with the ends of her clothes.

 “Hello there,” Chen bent down to be of eye-level to her. It was then that he saw the wolf on the pin attached to her clothes. “Omo!”

“What is it hyung?” Tao said, with great difficulty as his baby began to wriggle in his grasp again, prodding and pressing at his face with curious eyes and interested fingers.

“I found her!” Chen said, taking the girl’s hand but the girl pulled it back from him. “Eh?”

“…” The girl looked warily at him. “I don’t need an appa!” She said, running away.

“Ah! Wait!” Chen chased after her and managed to catch her before she got up the slides. “Don’t worry! I’m not going to hurt you!”

“…” The little girl hesitated walking with him but when he flashed a smile at her, she somehow felt slightly comfortable. “Where is umma?”

“Umma is over there.” Chen pointed and the little girl saw Soojin waving a hand at her. The little girl’s face glowed upon seeing her and Chen smiled, seeing how pretty his daughter was. “Let’s go to umma, then?”

“Mm~” The little girl was distracted, seeing her umma nearby that she didn’t mind Chen pulling her with him to head out of the playground.

“Good thing you caught her, hyung.” Tao said as he walked beside the elder, hands trying to stop his baby from touching things he shouldn’t be touching.

“I know,” Chen mumbled back and the two got out together and headed for their wives.

“You found her!” Soojin said and immediately opened her arms for the little girl who went in without a second thought. “How are you, Chun Hei?”

“I’m good, umma~” Chun Hei replied with a sweet smile and Chen felt his heart flutter at the sight. He was beginning to realize that he was becoming a soft-hearted appa.

“She’s really cute~” Chen swooned.

“Of course she is!” Soojin said, turning Chun Hei around so that she was facing Chen. “Chun Hei, this is your appa Chen!”

“Appa….” Chun Hei didn’t seem to like the whole thing. She pressed her lips and hid behind Soojin with a wary face.

“Ah…” Chen nervously looked at her and then at his wife.

“Sorry… She’s… like this around guys.” Soojin sighed and Chen nodded with a slight frown on his face.

“Sooyeon-sshi, I found our baby.” Tao said, head moving slightly to the side to avoid the baby’s hands touching his ear.

Sooyeon smiled and Tao, for a moment, was taken aback. “You did. Come here Hiro~”

“So his name is – ouch – Hiro?” Tao said, squinting his eyes as Hiro pinched his cheek.

Sooyeon giggled and took him in her arms. “Yes. Hiro, this is your appa.”

“Ah~ Ahhh~” Hiro said, pointing to all the kinds of things around him. “Uuu~”

“Hehe~ What an interesting kid,” Tao smiled, taking one hand he was using to point at the things to play with his tiny fingers. Then, Hiro became so engrossed with Tao’s bigger hand that he curiously pulled on his fingers and the like.

“He is.” Sooyeon smiled at the interaction.

 

D.O looked around, noticing that there were only five of them left in the playground. He was starting to grow anxious that he wouldn’t be able to find his baby.

“What to do…” D.O said, walking around and turning to the camera behind him for support. “Exotics out there, please support us~” He said with a sweet smile before chuckling at himself at the plea for the help.

Just then, he heard a loud cry from one side of the playground. Alerted, he ran to where the source was and saw a baby girl with another baby boy. The girl was crying while the boy was staring at her with wide eyes.

“Omo, what happened…?” D.O bent down to the two and the boy was the first to speak – well he was the only one who could speak since the girl was busy hiccupping her tears away.

“I don’t know,” The baby boy stubbornly pouted. “She just started crying.”

“Well, why don’t we help her stop crying?” D.O smiled at him.

“No.” The baby boy puffed out his lips before standing up and walking away. D.O’s eyes widened for a moment as his eyes saw the pin on the baby’s shirt. He sighed when he saw it clearly – it was not an owl.

“Nope…” D.O sighed, but realized that he still had a crying baby nearby. “Ah~ stop crying now~”

“Waaaahhh~!”

D.O looked around worriedly before he lifted up a little ball nearby up to her. “C’mon~ want to play?” He began to bounce it around, when the ball accidentally hit him on his nose. “Ow!”

“Waaaahh – Uh?” The baby girl blinked her tear-swollen eyes and looked at D.O with wide eyes who looked back at her with equally wide eyes.

“Ahahaha~” D.O laughed at himself but the little girl continued to stare at him. “Hooray~ you stopped crying!”

“Uuh…?” The baby girl sniffled and extended out her hands to D.O

“What? You want a hug?” D.O smiled, taking her in his arms, realizing that she was using his sleeve to wipe her tears and snot. D.O tensed but laughed it off. It was then that he saw a pin from where she sat. It had an owl. “Omo! Could that be yours?”

The little girl turned around and followed the finger D.O was using to point at the pin on the ground. She nodded, sniffing.

“You’re my baby!” D.O cheered, taking the pin and returning it back to her clothes. She started to well up again but D.O hushed her and pinched her nose. “Don’t cry~ Appa is here~”

The girl pressed her lips and buried her head in his chest. “Uuu~”

D.O stood up from his place and exited the playground. He found Yoonshik nearby. “Yoonshik, I found her!”

“Omo!” Yoonshik gasped, meeting up with her husband and baby. “Mei Li!”

“Mei Li…?” D.O turned to the little girl whose eyes widened at seeing her mother.

“Yoonie~” The baby cooed and Yoonshik smiled.

“Good job, D.O!” Yoonshik said with a big smile and wiped Mei Li’s dried up tears. “Mei Li~ This is your appa D.O.”

“Uuu…” Mei Li sniffed and nodded before moving to her mother from D.O’s arms.

“She’s a little bit of a cry baby.” Yoonshik chuckled.

“A little… huh?” D.O laughed softly in response.

 

Baekhyun slowly came to the realization that it was only him and three more EXO members left in the playground. Things were starting to get competitive – especially for this competitive member.

“Hm… where could my baby be?” Baekhyun sighed exasperatingly. Just then, he felt someone bump into him. He looked around but saw no one. It was only when he heard a voice coming from below that he realized it was a kid.

“Hmph~” The little boy pouted, crossing his arms.

“Oh, sorry about that.” Baekhyun smiled, and then his eyes saw the cow on the pin attached to his shirt. “Ah!”

The little boy gasped, “What?! What did I do?!”

“Cow!” Baekhyun smiled at him and the little boy puffed out his cheeks.

“I’m not! I’m Jae Sun!” He said with a huff.

“No, I mean your pin!” Baekhyun pointed at the pin and Jae Sun looked down.

“Oh, this. It’s ugly.” Jae Sun replied bluntly.

“What? No, it’s not!”

“It is!”

“No it’s not.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the little boy.

“It is, it is, IT IS!” Jae Sun stubbornly stomped his little feet on the ground.

Baekhyun felt like he had an animated sweatdrop, finally deciding to go along with this little tyrant. “Okay. It is then. Now, can you come with me?”

“What? No~!” Jae Sun crossed his arms and looked away. “I’m not going!”

“But you’re my kid!” Baekhyun got down and grabbed him to carry him. But Jae Sun wriggled his way out.

“No! You’re not my appa! He should not be stubborn like you!”

“Look who’s talking.” Baekhyun replied flatly and the two entered a heated staring contest.  “Come here, little guy.”

“Meh~~!” Jae Sun tried to run away but Baekhyun grabbed him and carried him out of the playground.

“Well then,” Yuna smiled at the sight coming towards her – Baekhyun carrying Jae Sun while the little boy was throwing light punches at his chest in protest. “You got quite a baggage right there.”

“Thanks.” Baekhyun smiled, looking tired with this ‘baggage’. “He’s something.”

“Oh, he is.” Yuna laughed, pinching Jae Sun to get his attention. “Jae Sun~”

“Umma!” Jae Sun turned around and grinned upon seeing her. “Umma, this man is not my appa, right?”

“He is,” Yuna smiled and was close to laughing at the face Jae Sun was making.

Jae Sun looked at her then looked at Baekhyun then at his umma. “Omo!”

 

Lay was standing in the middle of the playground, looking perplexed. He had somehow forgotten what his animal was. He was beginning to worry that his wife was going to smack him hard on the head later.

“What was that…?” Lay grumbled to himself. “What am I again?”

“Hyung,” Sehun’s voice came up behind him and he turned around. “Did you forget again?”

“Huh? What do you mean I forgot again?” Lay asked with slightly wide eyes.

Sehun chuckled, “This is like your 3rd time forgetting what animal you were. If you can’t remember, you’re a ram.”

“Aha!” Lay said, clapping his hands together. “Right! I was thinking of that. I knew that.”

“… Sure.” Sehun patted him on the shoulder and left in search of his baby.

“Ram… Ram…” Lay mumbled in case he was going to forget again. He walked around in circles when he felt someone watching him. He turned to the sensation and saw a baby boy looking at him with curious eyes. “Oh?”

The baby looked like he was interested in him but then he suddenly shifted his attention to another thing. He started playing with some blocks nearby. But it didn’t take long for his interest to disappear with the blocks as he crawled to the sandbox.

Lay watched as the baby had a pin. He began to follow him and saw the familiar horns of the ram on it. He glowed and did a fist pump, “I found you!” He said, taking the child in his arms, stopping him from crawling away.

“Uuu!” The baby gasped, looking around and wondering why he was suddenly up in the air. He turned around and was face to face with Lay. He pouted out his lips and pressed a finger on Lay’s cheek when he suddenly lost interest and noticed the pin on his shirt. He started to grow interested with it, poking it.

“Be careful. You might get a splinter.” Lay said as he carried him out of the playground. The two met up with Eunmi outside the playground. “Eunmi, I found him!”

“You did! I’m surprised.” Eunmi said, lifting up a hand to pinch at her baby’s cheeks lightly. “Welcome back, Ryuu~”

“Yuu~” Ryuu cooed and poked at Eunmi’s cheek.

“Ryuu… Ryuu… That’s an interesting name.” Lay said, nodding his head.

“Yeah, you better not forget it, Lay.” Eunmi teased.

“I won’t!” Lay retorted and Eunmi chuckled.

“That’s what you said with the ram.” Eunmi shook her head with a smile on. “Well, you found Ryuu, good job.”

“What~? That’s all I get?” Lay complained, slightly pouting. He got a sly smile from Eunmi as she patted him on the shoulder.

“If you found him sooner, you would’ve gotten more than that.” Eunmi said.

Ryuu just cooed cutely between them, not understanding what was going on.

 

Sehun looked back to see who was left and panicked when he saw that it was only him and Suho left in the playground. “Bwoh?! Since when did…?!” His eyes widened as he turned back to face the flock of children left in the playground, desperately searching for his child.

Sehun happened to see a child by the steps to the slide, poking at the children around her. Sehun had to stop himself from laughing out loud at how comfortable this baby was with touching others.

The baby then turned to Sehun, noticing him starting at her. Sehun was expecting the baby to crawl away but it went the other way around. Sehun took a step back when the baby started to crawl towards him, extending one arm towards him. Sehun got down and accepted her hand, only to internally gasp when the baby slid her hand from Sehun’s hand to his wrist.

“Whoa,” Sehun chuckled, “You’re pretty confident.”

“Hee~” The baby girl smiled, repeating the action.

Sehun then saw the pin on her shirt, it was a deer! “Ah! You’re…!”

The baby simply smiled back at him, not really understanding why he suddenly carried her screaming, “I found her! I found my baby!”

Sehun didn’t waste a minute to leave the playground, turning to Suho for a moment, “Sorry, hyung! But I found my baby first!”

“What?!” Suho spat but it was too late, Sehun had stepped out of the playground, bringing his child to Yunmi.

“Yunmi, I did it! I’m sorry it took a while!” Sehun said with a big smile on his face that it once again, caught Yunmi off-guard.

“Y-Yes…!” Yunmi smiled shyly, turning to look at the baby girl in Sehun’s arms. “This is Soo Ju, by the way.”

“Soo Ju,” Sehun said, noticing that the hand that had touched his own was now finding its way in his shirt. “Soo Ju! What are you..?!”

“Ah~” Yunmi slightly blushed as she tried to help Sehun get her hand out of his shirt. “Sorry~ she’s really into… touching… things… and people in general.”

“O-Oh…” Sehun laughed awkwardly before looking back down at the baby girl in his arms. “Well, you’re quite the skinship baby, aren’t you?”

“Uu~!” Soo Ju cheered.

 

Suho was the last man standing in the playground. He looked back at the guys outside the playground who were both cheering and teasing at him.

“Hang in there, gramps!” Kai cheered.

“You can do it, hyung!” D.O called out.

“I wish I could.” Suho sighed, starting to feel tired with his search for his baby. “Where could my child be…?”

Just then, something fast dashed past him. He blinked, wondering if what he felt was human or just the wind. He turned around and saw a little girl going up the monkey bars. Suho panicked.

“Oh! Wait! Don’t go up there! That’s dangerous!” Suho followed after her, looking up. “Be careful!”

“No, it’s not! I’m not your normal girl!” The girl said.

“Yeah, I can see that…” Suho muttered worriedly. “Come back here! It’s dangerous!”

“It’s okay, grampa!” She replied, causing Suho to react with a shocked look on his face and the rest of the EXO guys laughing hysterically.

“Hyung! Looks like you really need to watch yourself!” Chen guffawed but earned a nudge from Soojin standing right beside him.

Suho decided to ignore them as he extended out a hand to the girl up at the monkey bars. “Come on… Come here~”

The little girl stuck out her tongue as she turned around. It was then that Chanyeol got to see…

“HYUNG! HYUNG! SHE’S GOT A LION! SHE’S GOT A LION ON HER PIN!” Chanyeol shouted like he was already using the megaphone.

“Chanyeol! You’re so loud!” Luhan scolded.

“What?!” Suho’s eyes widened as he focued on the pin on her dirty shirt from playing around. “OMO! YOU’RE MY CHILD!”

“What?” The little girl tilted her head and looked down at the lion pin on her shirt. “You’re my appa?”

“Yes!” Suho said exasperatingly, his neck aching at trying to look up at her. “Now, please come down here so we can go to your umma!”

“Umma!” She cheered, sliding down the monkey bars, causing Suho to panic.

“Wah! Don’t do that!” Suho said, running to the side she slid down and caught her. He let out a huge sigh of relief when he got her in his arms. “Oh, thank god… I’m going to grow older with this kind of job…”

“Hee hee~ Appa!” The little girl said, messing up his hair slightly.

“Yes, yes… I’m your appa… at last.” Suho smiled down at her as he walked out of the playground. Eun Jae greeted him with that sweet smile.

“Good job, oppa!”

Suho blushed at the name, smiling back at her. “Thanks. I’m sorry I was the last to find her…”

“No, it’s okay~ she’s got quite the adventurer side inside of her.” Eun Jae giggled sweetly as the little girl was given to her. “Minhee, this is your appa Suho. He’s your appa, okay? Not your grandpa.”

“…” Suho smiled back at Minhee.

Minhee grinned before lifting an arm in a cheer, “Grandpa!”

 

Now that the twelve families were complete, they were told to return to the big tent once again. Expecting for a celebratory event now that they finished their second mission, the guys, girls and their respective children excitedly gathered at the area.

“Good job everyone!” The producer smiled at them. “We knew you could do it!”

Everyone clapped their hands at the accomplishment. The EXO guys, especially, were extra loud.

“But…!” The producer said with a little wiggle of her eyebrow.

“Oh, great. What else is there?” Kai groaned.

“We have another baby?!” Suho said in a panic, eyes widening.

“No, no, no!” One staff member intervened before the EXO guys started to complain and hyperventilate.

The producer chuckled before smirking, “We just have one more surprise left for you…”

 


 

Co-author's Note:

Hello everyone! Thank you for all the love in the previous chapter. Here is the 4th episode and I hope you like it! Sorry if it's pretty short >< I did this in a day due to conflicts and... yeah. OTL ;~~~~; If there are any typos, please ignore them. I am too lazy right now to proofread my own work. OTL

Okay. I'll shut up now. Bye~!

The author is dead right now. She can't make an author's note. XD *bricked*