Episode 08

❝ We Got Babies! ❞

 

“Congratulations on your wedding!” Soojin exclaimed as her “husband” Chen stood beside her, trying to hold hands with their daughter Chun Hei, who was one of the few children to be up with the rest of the adults seeing as the younger kids were still fast asleep. Having presented his hand numerous times already but to no avail, Chen was close to giving up. He tugs at his “wife’s” hand with a defeated look.

“Jinnie, Chun Hei’s trying to hold your hand,” Chen said, trying not to look too hurt. It seems that Chun Hei, despite responding to him now, was still a little hesitant to touch him. “I tried but...”

Soojin gave a reassuring smile, “It’s okay, I’m sure things’ll get better between you two soon.” She said while taking hold of Chun Hei’s hand easily. “Right, baby?”

“Mm...” Chun Hei shyly commented, glancing up before a tinge of pink colored her cheeks upon meeting her dad’s gaze. She quickly hid herself behind her mom’s dress.

“Speaking of babies,” Xiumin grinned, “I still can’t believe our baby Kai is the first to get officially hitched. Way to go!”

Upon hearing this, Kai’s ears went completely red, “Sh-Shut up, hyung! Don’t say it like that!”

“Oppa,” Minjung intervened before Kai fully left her side. They were still walking back down the aisle, all the way to end as a sort of final exit. “Don’t let go of my hand just yet.”

“R-Right,” Kai excused himself before feeling a tug from behind. Turning around, he sees his son, Yaozu with a straight face. “Sorry about that Yaozu. I didn’t mean to stop or slow down—“

“That’s okay,” Yaozu said, still holding the red pillow where the rings were placed earlier; but seeing as he’s the responsible child, felt that he should bring it back with him till the end. “But, appa, don’t let go of umma, okay?”

“Wh-What?” Hearing that made Kai blush tenfold. It sounded as if there was another meaning to it. “Of course not, don’t think of weird things, okay?”

“Just promise me, appa.” Yaozu’s serious face made Kai smile a little. Without releasing his wife’s hand, he turned back slightly to pat at Yaozu’s head. The child was a little taken aback, seeing as something like a pat on the head was a little new to him.

“I promise,” Kai said. “Yaozu, you like your umma, huh?”

Yaozu’s eyes flashed to Minjung who looked expectantly back at her precious “son”. He nodded his head and smiled, “But I like appa and umma together.”

Minjung’s heart lept like an angel on steroids. She couldn’t contain her smile, after all, her chest was just filled with great warmth. Today is just perfect! She cheered in her head. I knew it! Things’ll always go according to plan if I take the lead! She held onto her “husband’s” hand tighter and glanced back down, their paired wedding rings glimmering together from the morning sunlight. She was completely satisfied.

Upon reaching the end, there was another round of applause, but it wasn’t from the rest of the household. In fact, it was from the surprise guests – the production staff! As if on cue, the first to react was Chanyeol, exclaiming in his loud voice, “Omo! What are you guys doing here?!”

“How rude!” the producer exclaimed, though was quick to dismiss it. “Anyway, if you’re wondering why we’re here, well, we’re also here to offer our congratulations to the newly wed couple!”

The rest of the crew greeted and cheered altogether. Kai and Minjung smiled, though the former was a little more embarrassed by the attention. After the whistling and the jeering was over, the producer once again cleared and shuffled to get something from her coat.

“Don’t tell me it’s a mission card of sorts—“ Luhan mumbled, seeing the action from the sides.

“Or are you already telling us that another couple is going to hold another wedding?!” Jangmi gasped, “If you’re going to do that, at least give us more time!”

“Wait, not so fast.” The producer scoffed at their guesses. “You guys are so excited all of a sudden. It seems the family life must be going well for everyone.”

Everyone was suddenly feeling a little embarrassed and awkward upon hearing that. Several flushed faces and murmurs were heard, dismissing the idea. The producer laughed, seeing their reactions. “Well, don’t worry, each of you will get your own weddings, but for now it’s still Kai-sshi and Minjung-sshi’s moment.”

“What?” Minjung blinked. “But we’ve already finished the wedding.”

“Yes,” The producer presented them with another gold envelope. “You have and now, it’s time for your honeymoon!”

Again, as if on cue, another hyperactive member responded in place of the two who were receiving the news.

“Omo! Omo!” Kyungmi gasped, unable to control herself. She bobbed up and down in place with hands covering . “Honeymoon!”

“What!” Kai spat, shakily getting the envelope. His face was red as he turned to Minjung, who was still dazzling to look at in her wedding dress. He looked away and focused his attention to the letter. “This has to be a joke—“

Congratulations on your wedding! Inserted inside this envelope are a pair of tickets to your dream destination of Paris, France! Enjoy the sights, the food and the atmosphere you new pair of lovebirds! Go and have a wonderful time with your honeymoon!

Kai stared at the note. It’s not a joke! He thought as Minjung, standing beside him closely to read glowed with joy.

“We’re going to Paris?!” She exclaimed, excitement in her eyes. “Omo! I’ve always wanted to go there!”

“That’s great to hear,” the producer nodded her head, satisfied and relieved. “Inside is the pair of tickets for your flight to Paris and back. You’ll be staying there for five days, so make it count!”

“But wait a minute—“ Kai was all over the place by the sudden turn of events, he turned around and saw his son again. “What about Yaozu? Are we taking him with us?”

Yaozu blinked in surprise, hearing his name. He’s a little confused at what the adults were going on about. Everyone was suddenly excited and giddy. He knew it must be because his parents have gotten married but he also guessed that it was something more... but what was that about going somewhere? Paris?

“Yaozu will be under the care of a family staying behind here.” The producer explained. “The instruction is already in the letter, read it fully, Kai-sshi!”

“What!” They really thought through this whole thing! Kai thought, a little flabbergasted. He looked down and saw the sentence that read:

Your child will be under the care of a family randomly selected by the staff. That family will be—

“Lay-hyung?!” Kai gasped.

Lay, who was sort of spacing out a bit, flinched in response. “What? What did I do?” He looked around and saw that everyone was looking at him, most especially a strong look from Minjung, herself. Thinking that he must’ve done something wrong (like spacing out?), he quickly apologized. “I didn’t mean to space out like that—“

“That’s not it, silly.” Eunmi chuckled by his side, “It seems that we’ll be taking care of Kai’s and Minjung’s child while they go on their honeymoon.”

“Oh, is that so?” Lay nodded his head, finally understanding why everyone was looking at him. He meets eyes with Yaozu and smiles, “Will that be okay with you Yaozu?”

Yaozu turned to look back at his parents before turning back to look at Lay, “Mhm,” He nodded, “I also like uncle Lay and aunt Eunmi.”

“Oh, he’s so nice.” Eunmi smiled, blushing a little at the kind comment from this mature kid. I think we’re going to have it easy...

Minjung gave a slight pout; a little edgy considering that her son was quick to agree to the whole child-babysitting-for-five-days-thing. Well, it couldn’t be helped – Yaozu was the eldest of the bunch. He was more independent than the rest.

“Now that that’s settled, the newlywed couple must go and prepare!” The producer clapped her hands excitedly and almost as if it was magic, Kai and Minjung found themselves surrounded by the rest of the staff, hurrying them to get changed and to head to the airport.

 

Right before leaving, Minjung and Kai met up with a few members of the household at the airport. Yaozu gave them each a hug and kiss goodbye, wishing them a happy trip. Minjung took extremely long cuddling with her son.

“Umma is going to miss you.” Minjung gave one more kiss on Yaozu’s cheek. “Be good, okay? Though, I don’t really have much to worry about.”

Yaozu gave a warm smile, nodding. “I will, umma.” He turned to his appa and hugged him once more. “Appa has to be with umma, okay?”

“Of course I will.” Kai rubbed on his child’s head, grinning. “Do you doubt me that much?”

“Because appa has that kind of vibe.” Yaozu muttered, but it was loud enough for people to hear.

“What vibe?” Kai echoed.

“The bad boy vibe.” Replied Yaozu and there was a loud laugh from the rest of the EXO guys that were there along with the couple.

“Looks like your son has a sharper eye than you, Kai.” Baekhyun grinned, patting Yaozu’s head in admiration. “What a good kid.”

“Shut up, you guys are bullying me again.” Kai pouted before hearing the sound of the PA system. He grabbed his wife’s hand absentmindedly and pulled her along.

“Oppa?” Minjung blinked, barely catching onto her carry-on bag.

“C’mon or we’ll be late for the flight.”

There was a bunch of whistling and howling from the guys, “Someone’s excited~ Someone’s excited~”

Shut up!!” Kai spat. The scene erupted in a fit of laughter and while the couple, still holding hands, walked to the gate, they were greeted by a bunch of WGB fans. “Oh, look, I guess we have to greet them.” Kai whispered towards Minjung, remembering some etiquette his managers had taught him before.

“Yes, we should.” Minjung smiled, pushing some hair back to tuck in behind her ear, the action was very smooth and it made Kai stare at her again. “What should we say, oppa?”

“Huh?” Kai blinked. “Oh... um...”

“Kyaa!” One fan screamed before Kai could think of something as they passed by, “Omo! You two look so cute! Fighting, unnie and oppa!”

“Fighting!” The rest of the crowd cheered.

Kai grinned and waved a hand, to which Minjung copied him. “I guess, there’s no need to introduce ourselves anymore, huh? People kind of... know already...”

Minjung cheeks turned pink a little seeing Kai’s cute, embarrassed side. Hm~ oppa can be so cute sometimes. “That’s true.” She held onto the hand holding hers tighter and noted the red tinge forming at the edge of his cheeks. With a little giggle, she walked along her husband, completely excited at what was in store for them at Paris.

 

“Yaozu, will you be okay without your parents for so long?” Lay patted Yaozu’s head as they headed back to the van to go back to the house. Yaozu gave a nod.

“I’m sure umma and appa will have a good time.” The eldest of the children looked out the van’s window with a small smile. “Umma looked really happy already.”

“Aww,” Yuna cooed, “This kid is really sweet. Those two are really lucky to have you.”

“Yeah, I bet you should teach our Kai some maturity.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Well, if you need anything, just let us know okay?” Eunmi smiled to their “adopted son”, sitting beside Jaesun, Yuna and Baekhyun’s son, who was strapped in his baby seat. Eunmi had Ryuu on her lap, who was fiddling with a button on her jacket. “Don’t be shy to uncle and auntie.”

Yaozu nodded, “Okay.”

“Still, that Kai, I hope he can manage by himself there.” Baekhyun sighed, leaning back on the chair.

“Yeah, he’s never too good with these kinds of things, after all. Plus, he’s one of the youngest members of the group so...” Lay trailed off.

“Don’t worry,” Yaozu piped up, earning everyone’s looks. “I’m sure appa will do his best.”

“Really?” Baekhyun blinked.

Yaozu nodded, staring back outside the window. “He promised me, after all.”

 

Several hours later, the couple finally arrived at the City of Love. Minjung was in cloud nine as they exited the airport, hopping aboard a taxi to drop off their things in the hotel. According to the itinerary the staff provided, they were to have a tour of the city, followed by some free time, and then dinner reserved at night. Kai gave a nervous gulp. He wasn’t too good with these kind of events so he doesn’t know what to expect or do – well, he’ll do whatever will make Minjung happy, perhaps?

Glancing over to his wife who was seated beside him at the back of the cab, he couldn’t help but smile as her eyes shone with complete joy seeing the city of her dreams. “Did you want to come here?”

“Yes!” Minjung smiled, turning around, her hair flowing freely along with her movement. Kai was once more bedazzled. Ever since their wedding, it seemed that everything Minjung did was kind of dazzling. “It’s the city of fashion and style! I can’t wait to see what’s in their boutiques – oh, what if I can’t stop myself?” She giggled and Kai had the foreboding sense that it was going to be one intense shopping trip later on.

Once arriving at their hotel, they dropped their luggage in their room and changed into more comfortable clothes. They then left for the Louvre museum – one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris. Afterwhich, they went to the Notre Dame, then the Eiffel tower.

“Oh my gosh!” Minjung stared in awe at the famous tower. She and Kai were right underneath it’s main structure. Looking up, she stared in sheer amazement at the intricate architecture. “I’ve always wanted to see this up close!”

“That’s good.” Kai said, also looking up.

“Oppa—“ Minjung froze as she shifted her gaze from straight up at the sky to Kai, only to stop right into his arms. Kai flinched, also moving his gaze from up above to Minjung who had somehow ended up in front of him. “Oh...” She gasped softly. The last time they were this close was right during the wedding so to be this close again—

Kai laughed loosely, taking a step back. “Sorry. I wasn’t looking.”

“No,” Minjung tucked her hair behind her ear again. “Me too. But oppa, you’re too funny and awkward sometimes.”

“I am?” Kai blinked, “I thought that was Chanyeol-hyung.”

Minjung giggled, taking his hand in hers, which came as a surprise to him. “You are. But oppa, this is our honeymoon, right?”

“R-Right.”

“So, well,” Minjung turned pink a little, looking away with a sort of princess-like vibe. “Let’s get closer, okay?”

Closer... Kai was in a daze. Realizing that he was spacing out again, he shook his head and smiled. “All right then, princess.”

Minjung did a double-take. “What’s with that?”

“Well, just now, I thought you were very princess-like.” Kai grinned and Minjung blushed at the straight-forwardness.

“Oh, really?” Minjung closed her eyes in satisfaction. “Well, you can keep calling me that then.”

“As you wish, princess.” Kai intertwined their fingers together as they continued their trip. From the tower, they went around the streets where they ordered croquettes in a stall and some macaroons for Minjung, which were her favorite desserts. Their pastel colors were total eye-candy to her. After filling their stomachs lightly, they proceeded to shop around which was Kai’s so called “trial by fire” per se. From shop to shop, Minjung tried (and bought) a lot of dresses and clothes. It was just a girl’s total dream.

“I’ve never felt so alive~” Minjung twirled happily as they headed back to the hotel for a rest.

“Glad to hear that.” Kai gave a laugh, lugging the shopping in his arms. “You sure buy a lot. Are you going to wear them all?”

“Of course I will.” Minjung turned around and smiled, “It’s fashion, after all.”

“Hmmm...”

“Oppa, EXO is an icon too. You should know about style too.”

“Well, I don’t know. It’s not really us that gets to decide what to wear on stage or stuff—“ Kai paused before he smiled, “Though, I just really wear what I feel most comfortable with.”

Minjung hummed. “Oh...” She froze. “Oppa! Look, there’s a chocolate shop!”

“A what now?” Kai turned around, almost ready to give up as he was this close to getting back to the hotel.

“Oh, c’mon. Just one more stop?”

“Aish...” Kai shook his head, defeated as he was dragged to the chocolate shop. There was some trial samples in display. Minjung picked one up and presented it to the bewildered male. “Uh, what?”

“Aah~” Minjung smiled. “Try it.”

Kai opened his mouth and accepted the tiny chocolate inside his mouth. It melted quickly inside and it tasted really sweet, “Not bad.” He said, “Though, it’s a bit too sweet for me.”

“Really?” Minjung replied. “I’ve always loved sweets ever since my older brother bought me a cupcake from a sweet shop back home.”

“You have an older brother?” Kai blinked, eyes growing wide. I didn’t know that!

“Yes,” Minjung’s face glowed all of a sudden. “I would love it if you two met!”

Kai gave a sort of nervous laugh, “Y-Yeah....” With... her older brother... huh?

 

Now back at the hotel, Kai fell on the bed with a huge sigh of relief. “Uh... my whole body is aching.” He groaned, feeling that this was ten times more intense than practicing for a comeback. At least Minjung was happy. That princess...

“Oppa,” Minjung called out. “Should I get you something to drink?”

“Oh, thanks.” Kai sat up and waited for Minjung to return with a glass of water. “I really needed this.”

Minjung nodded before checking out the window. “At least the weather wasn’t so hot, huh?”

“That’s because it’s still January.” Kai said, looking out the window as well. “It’s still a bit chilly.”

“Oppa, do you have any sweaters?”

“Huh? Of course I do. Why do you ask?” Kai blinked. Don’t tell me she didn’t bring any jackets? Oh wait, this is Minjung we’re talking about.

She played with her fingers before shyly adding, “If you... would let me try one?”

“Sorry?” Kai leaned closer, trying to make sure he heard her right. “You want to try what?”

“Your sweater.” Minjung blushed. “I like sweaters, you see. The big kind? And I’d like to try oppa’s...”

Kai blushed more than her. This girl... He stood up and headed over to his luggage, digging around, in search of one that would best please her. Hm... I haven’t really worn this one yet... He thought as he picked up one light gray shaded one. “Here.”

Minjung smiled and jumped towards the sweater, immediately wearing it. Kai watched as the size difference was immediately evident. He glanced aside, a little embarrassed all of a sudden. Does it always feel this embarrassing if a girl wears your clothes? He thinks as his eyes glance back to Minjung who was checking herself out on the mirror.

“You look good.” He said.

Minjung turned to him and smiled, completely pleased. “Thank you oppa. It feels really warm and nice.” She rubbed her hands together. “I really love cold days like this, you know? It’s a good excuse to wear these.”

“Why do you like sweaters so much?”

“Hm? Well...” Minjung turned around to check how it looked from behind. “It’s because they make me feel safe and, I guess, makes me look younger?” She giggled, in cloud nine.

Safe...? Kai thought as he walked towards her and, without much word, hugged her tight. She gasped as she felt her body pressed against his.

“O-Oppa?”

Oh, even a princess can stammer, huh? “Well, you did say we should get closer earlier.” Kai’s eyes twinkled a little. “So, if I hug you like this, do you feel even safer?” He asked, glancing down at her.

With Kai’s warm jacket over her and his arms around her waist, Minjung blushed a little before snuggling up close. “Mhm...” She closed her eyes. “I feel ten times safer, oppa.”

Kai watched in mild awe again. It was weird. She was just wearing his sweater and is now in his arms so... Oh. Kai blinked. Oh. OH. He pulled away a little, chuckling a little. “Well, that’s good to hear.”

“Hm?” Minjung pouted a little. She wanted to hug a little longer. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Kai looked away, blushing. That was close, any longer and I would’ve—

Minjung took hold of his hand dragging him to their room’s balcony. “Oppa!” She gasped. “They’re turning on the night lights of the tower!”

“Wha?” Kai gasped, turning around just in time before his head smashed straight onto the glass door. This princess really doesn’t wait for other people to react. As they stepped outside, the Eiffel tower began to slowly shine amidst the transitioning twilight. Oh... this is really beautiful. He thought as he glanced down to the princess still wearing his light gray sweater. ... even more beautiful... His thoughts strayed for a moment as he sighed, barely audibly.

“We should take a picture of this. I’m sure Yaozu would love to see this too!” Minjung said, remembering her adorable son. She had bought plenty of things for him after all, but speaking of things—“Oh, that’s right, oppa and DO-oppa’s birthdays are this month as well. Should we buy things for—“

Once more, the arms that were around her waist earlier were back as Kai gave his princess a back hug, the Parisian lights romantically swimming in front of them. Minjung froze and turned a little pink.

“Whatever you want, princess.” Kai added by her shoulder and Minjung chuckled lightly at his reponse.

 


 

Co-Author's Note:

THERE. I DID IT. ARE YOU HAPPY AUTHOR-NIM?!?! /bricked I'M TIRED. orz /doublebricked. Er. I don't know. I hope you like it? HA. Ha. ha. /ashamed So, this chapter was all written by me. I don't know what this is /cries But I hope you still like it, nonetheless, especially to Minjung's character royaltea. I tried to incorporate what you indicated in your application, hope it made sense! Till next wedding and honeymoon.

- KC