Episode 02

❝ We Got Babies! ❞

 

Two black vans were heading their way to a fabulous house far from the city. It was in a restricted part of Seoul, mainly because it was going to be the house for the twelve families that will be featured and starred in the first ever season of the latest real-life show: “We Got Babies!”.

Yes. We Got Babies. The show of the year that would (hopefully) catch the hearts of Seoul and the world with their twelve wonderful babies and their twelve couples that would be living together in the fabulous house far from the city. But who were these babies and couples? Many have yet to find out…

The black vans continued making their way, with another van for the staff and cameramen behind them, trailing after them like bees following pollen. It was like a mini parade of cars and cameras. The black vans, with their equally black tinted windows, held the twelve lucky girls that would be the ‘mothers and wives’ of the season. Who were they? Why, they were no more than just your average young women living in Seoul. Luck was by their side when they were, on one fateful day, each given a letter in their homes, part-time jobs or schools. They were as confused but as excited as ever once they found out that they would become ‘stars’ in a show – what more ‘mothers and wives’. But a lingering feeling kept them nervous… Who were their ‘husbands’?

“I hope they aren’t too bad.” One girl said as she lazily leaned back in her seat in the first black van.

Beside her, a shy girl nervously looked at her as she listened to her words. She looked back down at her hands and mumbled softly, “I… I hope so too.”

“What~?” The first girl answered, leaning closer to the wallflower beside her. “Sorry, could you repeat that?”

“Mm….” The other girl merely shook her head, as if to say that she had not said anything in the first place. She immediately looked down further.

The first girl merely looked back at her before extending a hand, sort of. “I’m Hwang Soojin.”

“K-Kim Yunmi.” She replied, taking the hand briefly before resuming looking down.

Soojin merely blinked again, before deciding to play around with her seatmate. She was going to lift a finger to poke Yunmi on the cheek to get her to speak up again but…

Really! Where are they taking us?” A girl interrupted Soojin’s attempt at teasing Yunmi. Soojin quickly looked back to the last row where a confident girl with the air of a princess sat back, exactly behind her.

The ‘princess’ looked back at her and smiled with a hint of smugness on it, “What?”

“Nothing.” Soojin responded, giving the ‘princess’ her ‘I-don’t-give-a-damn’ look. The ‘princess’ didn’t miss it.

“What’s with that look? Do you have any idea who you’re talking to?” She said, sitting straight.

“No, not really.” Soojin responded with a flashy grin. “Who are you?”

The pretty-faced girl rolled her eyes (and still managed to look pretty doing it) and crossed her arms, responding with an air of authority that could cut through glass. “Kwon Minjung. Remember that.”

“I’ll try.” Soojin giggled, “I’m not very confident with my memory, after all.” And she looked back, missing the pout Minjung was giving her. Beside Soojin, Yunmi gave a little soft giggle and she and Soojin made eye contact. They both smiled as they ignored Minjung’s stare on their backs.

Minjung pouted and leaned back on her seat with her arms still crossed. Thoughts like, Who does she think she is? were clear on her face but she easily masked it with a push of a strand of hair back her ear. It was then that she noticed someone staring at her – right beside her. She turned to her seatmate at the back. The girl was wearing a long, flowery skirt and a plain shirt. Minjung eyed her, giving her the ‘one-over’, before saying, “What do you want?”

The girl beside her flinched, as if she just realized that someone was actually talking to her. Because really, she had been sitting there the whole time and no one seemed to have noticed her. Her ability to make herself invisible from others was surely something to be respected. “Uh… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to stare.”

Minjung noticed the somewhat calming aura around her. “Hm~ well, it’s all right then.” She turned her head away. “Since you know your place and apologized.” She muttered the last bit with a smile on her face.

“Sorry?” The girl beside her leaned a bit to hear but she merely shook her head and gave her a wonderful ‘princess’-like smile.

“It’s nothing… um…?”

“Oh, I’m Jung Yoon Shik. It’s nice to meet you, Minjung-sshi and everyone else.” She replied with a smile, before giving a little nod of the head in place of a bow. “I was wondering the same thing actually… um… with what you were saying… I mean…”

“Ah~” Minjung smiled back before playing with a few strands of her hair. “I know, right? I hate being left out of things like this. If they’re going to invite me to somewhere, the least they could do was tell me where.”

“I totally agree!” A girl right beside Yunmi on the second row of the van burst out suddenly that it caught every one’s attentions.

“Wh-What?” Yoon Shik croaked out.

The girl that exploded like a balloon turned around and grinned, “Hi! I’m Park Yoonji and I totally agree with you, Minjung-sshi!”

“Oh, well, of course I’m right.” Minjung lifted up an eyebrow perfectly.

But despite that, the explosive girl seemed to have ignored her, “Personally, I hope it’s not anywhere too far. I’d want somewhere with a beach at least… I like to go to the beaches, after all~”

“No one asked--” Soojin spoke up but was cut short.

“… And somewhere with mangoes and some spicy food and taking pictures and all of that stuff! But really, not being told where we’re going in the first place? I’d like to have everything under control, thanks very much.”

Beside her, Yunmi nodded her head weakly as the free-spirit beside her seemed to have rested her case. Minjung blinked before smiling back at the vivacious girl before her.

“You seem to be pretty independent too, huh?” Minjung inquired with a voice that was coated with interest and scheme.

Yoonji turned her head and gave a cheerful grin. “You seem to be one too, Minjung-sshi.”

Minjung closed her eyes and with a smooth hand movement, brushed the ends of her already perfect hair like she was running her hands along a silk cloth. “Naturally.”

Yunmi gave a nervous smile as the two seemed to be getting into good(?) terms before turning to face the front of the car, where the last girl in the van was seated. Yunmi gulped before clearing , leaning forward to poke the girl on the arm. “Um, I’m sorry but I didn’t catch your name…?”

The girl flinched and turned around before nodding slowly, “I’m Choi Sooyeon.”

End of conversation.

Yunmi blinked her eyes and tried to talk again, “U-Um… well… where do you think we’re going, Sooyeon-sshi?”

“I don’t know.” Sooyeon answered simply and bluntly. “Somewhere important, I guess.”

Yunmi’s face was frozen with a smile that was ignored. She turned to Soojin who simply shrugged.

“Well, that was awkward.” Soojin said and turned to Yoonji who clapped her hands together as if she found a solution to cure the suddenly awkward atmosphere.

“How about a guessing game?” Yoonji suggested with a bright smile.

“What are we going to guess? What clothes aren’t in anymore?” Minjung said, eyeing everyone around her again. “I’ve got a good one already.”

“No, Minjung-sshi. That’s no fun~” Yoonji said with an innocent laugh. “Maybe guess where we’re going?”

Soonji held in a laugh before turning to face Yoonji again, her face contorted slightly as she held her giggles. “Yoonji-sshi! That’s what we’ve been talking about for the past few minutes!”

 

In the second van were the remaining six girls who found themselves rather interested at a certain penguin character one of them was holding up.

“That’s Pororo, isn’t it?” One of the girls seated at the back asked, looking at the penguin keychain. The owner smiled and nodded, putting it back on her bag.

“Yes!” The owner laughed before she covered , a bit shy at her sudden outburst.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” One of the girls said after noticing her sudden change in demeanour, hoping to help calm her down, “I’m Song Hwa Young. Nice to meet you…?”

The owner of the Pororo keychain cleared and smiled back, “I’m Im Jangmi.”

“And I’m An Kyung-mi!” A girl at the front of the van exclaimed suddenly to everyone while fixing her glasses. Everyone merely stared at her back with wide eyes.

The girl called Kyung-mi darted her eyes while holding the frame of her glasses to the farthest row of the van and called out, “Hey~! Over there~! Who are you~?”

“K-Kyung-mi-sshi!” Hwa Young scolded but was ignored as the cheerful girl merely laughed at her.

There were two girls seated at the back and since one didn’t seem to have the courage to speak up, the other decided to speak up first. “I’m Ko Eunmi. Nice to meet you guys…” There was a silence for some strange reason that suddenly dropped into the van that even the driver couldn’t handle. “Er… I mean, girls. R-Right? That was a joke.”

“REALLY!?” Kyung-mi bellowed and laughed suddenly – even though it was very much out of timing.

The awkward atmosphere continued and Eunmi turned to face the girl beside her and smiled at her, pretending that nothing happened. “And you are…?”

“I’m Han Eun Jae.” The girl nodded her head and fixed her beanie while doing so.

“That’s a nice beanie.” Eunmi said.

“Thanks.” Eun Jae smiled and it was a pretty smile.

End of conversation.

“Wow, you two are already friends~ How nice~!” Kyung-mi bellowed out again and Hwa Young sighed before leaning towards Kyung-mi’s seat.

“I don’t think they’re that close already.” Hwa Young whispered to Kyung-mi who simply let out a long, “Oooooh~” in return. Hwa Young giggled lightly at her reaction before turning to Jangmi again as she felt the girl looking at her for a while.

“Yes, Jangmi-sshi?” Hwa Young tilted her head to one side.

Jangmi blinked her eyes as her observation was cut short. “Oh, nothing. I just noticed your necklace. It’s cute.”

Hwa Young instinctively touched it and smiled, “It’s a heart-shaped necklace. My parents gave it to me last week. Whenever I see something with a heart on it, I can’t help but want to buy it.., but I usually end up not buying it myself. Sounds weird, huh?”

Jangmi giggled and shook her head. “No~ It’s not~ I wish my family would go easy on me whenever I see Pororo or teddy bears~ They really can’t stand me sometimes but they usually end up buying it for me too.” She said, a small smile slowly forming on her lips as she pictured her family in her head.

“I do that too with melons!” Kyung-mi interrupted again. Her glasses slightly sliding off that she had to push it back up. “I love melons~!”

“No one asked.” One grumbled, slightly annoyed.

The rest of the girls turned their heads to the direction of the voice and was met with a girl with very short hair. She almost looked like a he. The girl turned her head and blinked, wondering why everyone else was suddenly looking at her.

“What?” She inquired.

“Ah! Someone asked!” Kyung-mi cheered, referring to the girl’s statement earlier about no one asking and leaned forward so that she could squeeze her head in the space between the front seat and the driver’s seat. “Hey~ Hey~ What’s your name?”

The girl looked slightly hesitant to give her name to this… weirdo. But she turned her attention to the other girls and smiled slightly, “I’m Lee Yuna. Sorry, I was sleeping for a bit so I kind of missed the rest of the introductions, right?”

“That’s no problem.” Hwa Young waved a hand and pointed to a finger to each girl. “That’s Eunmi-sshi, Eun Jae-sshi, Jangmi-sshi and Kyung-mi-sshi.” She pointed to herself last, “And I’m Hwa Young.”

Yuna merely shrugged in recognition before leaning back on her seat while saying, “It’s nice to meet everyone.” She stretched her arms, “I hope we get there soon~”

“Yeah~ I’m really curious as to where we’re going.” Jangmi looked out of the window, past Hwa Young. “What if it’s the studio?! Omo!”

“What~? No way~” Eunmi said from behind as she leaned on her seat. “But you know, I’m still wondering why they chose me… I don’t think I’m pretty motherly, myself.”

“Was that a joke, Eunmi-sshi?” Kyung-mi asked from the front of the car, ready to laugh.

“Er… no.” Eunmi looked at her while lightly chuckling.

“I just hope we get there soon~” Yuna sighed as she got comfortable again. “I really feel like eating some sweet potatoes.”

“Well that was pretty random.” Eunmi commented.

Eun Jae, who was seated beside her, giggled. “If we’re talking about food, I’d really like some ice cream. Maybe some mint-flavoured ones~”

“Ah!” Hwa Young gasped, catching her attention. “You like mint too, Eun Jae-sshi?”

Eun Jae smiled wider. “I love it! I didn’t know you liked mint, Hwa Young-sshi.”

Hwa Young nodded her head with a smile and turned to her seatmate. “What do you like to eat, Jangmi-sshi?”

The random topic change caught her off-guard but Jangmi smiled, “Um… well I like to eat vegetables and fruits…”

“Strawberries?” Eunmi popped her head up. “Do you like strawberries?”

Jangmi shrugged, “Sure~”

“Cool!” Eunmi grinned. “I personally like the ones that are dipped in chocolate.”

“Doesn’t anyone here like melons though?” Kyung-mi asked with a pout.

“Looks like you’re the only one, Kyung-mi-sshi.” Yuna laughed. 

 

While the girls in both vans tried to get to know one another further, they hadn’t realized that they had arrived at their destinations. The girls stepped out and stretched their legs and were greeted by the fabulous house far from the city.

“Wow~!” Most of the girls exclaimed as they were led inside. While waiting, the rest of the girls introduced themselves to those from the other van. As they mingled and talked with one another, they didn’t notice a staff member beckoning them to come to the living room where the parents were already waiting. With these parents came the show’s ‘babies’. The girls somewhat tensed as they knew what was coming next.

One staff member called for everyone’s attention as she explained what will happen next. The girls tensed as they followed her inside. The parents were looking and eyeing the girls carefully who in turn were trying their best to remain calm, cool and collected at what was happening.

After the explanations of the season’s first ever “event” was done, the parents handed over their children to the chosen girl who were to take care of them. They drilled them with rules and some reminders over each child.

“She’s a bit shy around guys.”

“He’s one to ask a lot of questions. So prepare yourselves.”

“She’s definitely one to touch things. Haha~”

“Don’t worry; she’ll stop crying soon… I hope.”

“She seems to only like noodles, so watch out.”

“He’s not really too hard to handle and he’s probably the eldest among the bunch~”

“He gets bored easily, so I suggest you have toys around often.”

“Oh, he’s a stubborn one, all right~”

“She doesn’t stay still for long so I warn you about early mornings because she can wake up earlier than you.”

“What to say… She’s not one with a lot of expressions so far~ Haha~”

“He’s fun and easy to please~ Just watch out because he might pee if you make him laugh too hard.”

“For some reason we’re not sure of, he only seems to like apples... the fruit and the other kind.”

After the girls got a hold of their (problematic) children, and bid the parents good-bye and thanks, they were then led back into the vans for the next part of the “event”. They were heading for the closest park where they would be hiding from their husbands and wait for them to pick them up. Thing is, they still don’t know who they were. The girls were hoping that they would be… at least… a reliable bunch.

 

“I SWEAR, KAI! IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP NOW – WE ARE LEAVING WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!” Kris’ voice boomed from behind the closed door of the EXO’s room. Kai had fallen asleep after reading the letter, possibly out of pure shock or exhaustion from trying to breathe after reading what he read. Anyway, the rest of the EXO members were outside in the hallways, getting ready to leave – and trying their best to calm down.

“Omo! Hyung! OMO! OMO!” Chanyeol was walking back and forth, waving his hands around that he was hitting Baekhyun, D.O., Suho or just about anyone shorter than him as he was passing by. “WE-WE ARE ALL MARRIED! OMO! OMO! OMO!!!”

“Be quiet, Chanyeol.” Kris hissed before rapping his hand on the door again. “Hurry up, Kim Jongin! Get out, now!”

There was a muffled noise behind the door that no one outside understood.

“Hyung’s right, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun called out. “It’s nothing to be so nervous about.”

“Hyung, why are you rubbing your hands together?” Sehun inquired.

“Nothing.” Baekhyun looked away, nervousness evident in his voice.

“WE ARE ALL MARRIED!!!!!” Chanyeol screeched and was pinched on the cheek by Luhan as he passed by him.

“We know! You don’t have to keep shouting it out loud like that!” Luhan pouted, releasing Chanyeol’s cheek.

“I – I just can’t believe…” Suho swayed in place.

“Hyung’s in disblief~” Lay teased as he nudged Suho on his side. Suho blushed.

“W-Well! What about you, Lay? A-Aren’t you nervous one bit?”

“Me?” Lay looked up innocently before shrugging, “Who knows~?”

“He must be used to this.” Chen grinned wide as Lay glared at him. “Anyway, if we don’t go soon, we’re going to get in trouble.”

“That’s what I’m worried about. KAI!” Kris called out again and in seconds, the door swung open and Kai stepped out.

“All right.” Kai said with all the seriousness in his voice. “Where am I getting married at?”

MARRIED!!!” Chanyeol barked, repeating the ritual again.

“Aish…” Baekhyun shook his head as he looked back at the tallest of the bunch, who looked like he was ready to commit a heinous crime any second now. But just like that, their manager-hyungs called out to them as they made all the preparations for the trip. The EXO guys nervously got back into their vans and were on their way to the parks.

“Now, listen~” Their manager-hyung told them before leaving, “You guys will be given a challenge. So good luck with that, all right?” He said with a smile.

“ALREADY?!” They asked altogether.

“But what about getting married?!” Kai whined.

“Kai – technically – we should already be married to the girl.” Baekhyun looked at him with a smile on his face and pity in his eyes – pity that his dongsaeng was pretty slow on the uptake.

And just like that, the guys were nervously waiting to find out whatever was going to be presented to them. They just hoped that it wouldn’t be too hard.

 

As they travelled their way to the park, each and every one of them were both excited and at the same time, a little anxious about this show. The twelve guys were separated into two groups as there were two vans.

“Hey. Hey. Who do you think our wives will be?” Baekhyun asked as he turned his head to look at Suho who was sitting beside him and at Kris who was seating at the front seat. Both leaders shrugged, not knowing what to answer.

“Maybe they’re idols?” Luhan asked as he tilted his head. “Like what happened in that We Got Married show...”

“Oohh~ Who do you think are the idols then~?” Chanyeol smiled widely as he hopped a little on his seat.

“Chanyeol, make your stay still or we are going to be dead before meeting our ‘wives’.” Kris scolded Chanyeol as he looked back from the front seat to the farthest seat at the back to glare at the happy-virus.

“KARA?” Suho guessed as the said group immediately popped into his head at Chanyeol’s question.

“Dal-Shabet?” Luhan murmured.

“But hyung... didn’t Taeyeon-noona say that we’re the first ones to do this kind of show?” Sehun asked Luhan as he slightly whispered the words to his ear.

“That’s right.” Chanyeol confirmed as he heard Sehun’s whisper to Luhan from their backs.

“Hmm... If they won’t be idols, where would they get our wives?” Baekhyun asked, curious as to who their wives will be if they wouldn’t be idols.

Silence enveloped them at Baekhyun’s question as they pondered at his words.

“… Still can’t believe that we are married.” Chanyeol blurted out randomly at the silence.

I hope my wife is really beautiful...” Baekhyun murmured randomly as well in silence, wishing that his wife would really be what he had hoped for.

 

If the first van was pretty chaotic with the happy-virus there, the other van was pretty tensed. Kai who was not, was just looking at his hyungs who were either looking at the scenery through the closed windows or staring at nothingness. He, on the other hand was both excited and nervous.

“Hey, guys. Who do you think our wives will be?” Kai asked randomly because he couldn’t take the silence any more.

Everyone inside that van was pretty quiet as they felt very nervous about the whole marriage thing.

“Is it even possible to get married at our age?” Tao asked the younger from the front seat. “I mean, we are still teenagers, right?”

“Yeah. But aren’t you excited on who our wives will be? Maybe they’ll be actresses~!” Kai’s eyes sparkled at the thought.

“Whatever. I just want my wife to be a good cook.” Xiumin muttered from the far back of the van.

“Ooohh...! Maybe my wife would be able to sing!” Chen smiled widely, excitement now over-flowing from him at the thought of having a wife that knows how to sing as well.

“I hope that she won’t sing like what you did last time.” Lay muttered as he moved his head away from the closed window.

“Come to think of it... who did they choose to be our wives?” Kyungsoo asked as his eyes widened in curiosity.

Lay turned his head to look at him and shrugged. “Idol? Actresses? Singers?”

“But didn’t Taeyeon-noona say that we would be the first ones to do this kind of show?” Kai asked as he suddenly remembered his sunbaenim giving them the clue last time.

“Yeah... But the invitation said that we are in the We Got Married show...” Tao muttered.

“Maybe they are idols since We Got Married usually hosts idols, right?” Xiumin asked.

“Yeah. But it would be no different from what Taeyeon-sunbaenim encountered.” Chen said as his hand went to pinch Xiumin’s cheek lightly.

“Ouch.” Xiumin muttered indifferently. His expression was pretty blank until something hit him. “Hey...” He called the attention of everyone.

Chen turned his head at his left to look at Xiumin while the rest of the guys inside the van turned back. They were giving a questioning look at the eldest of the bunch. “Maybe we are only married to one girl...?”

Silence enveloped the van for a moment before they were able to react.

What?!” Chen shrieked. “Is that even possible?”

“That’s not possible...” Tao muttered as he was in a deep thought. “But wait... wasn’t there a time that it happened? Like Leeteuk-oppa and a bunch of girls?”

“That was in Hello Baby...” Kyungsoo answered while he rubbed his chin with his right hand, recalling the memory of watching the said show far back before their debut but stopped as he turned his head to Kai who was panicking a bit. “Calm down, Kai... What are you so worried about?”

“It isn’t possible right?” Kai asked Kyungsoo with utmost worry on his face.

“What is not possible?” Lay asked as he moved a little forward from his seat to be able to see Kai who was sitting by the door.

“That there would only be one wife!” Kai screeched, his face full of horrified shock.

Xiumin chuckled at Kai’s actions. “Don’t worry about that. We have many things to worry about.”

Kai stopped and calmed himself before he looked at Xiumin. “Like what, hyung?”

“Like the task that would be given to us for example...” Tao pointed out before Xiumin could even say it which resulted to Xiumin puffing his cheeks out again.

“Oh. That’s right...” Kyungsoo agreed as he began fidgeting with his hands. “I hope that we would all pass.”

Tao stared at Kyungsoo and turned to look at their manager who was driving. “Hyung. Do you know something? Can you give us some hints?”

The manager chuckled not bothering to glance at Tao and just kept his eyes on the road. “No, I don’t have a clue to give you guys. And if I do know, I won’t be telling~” The manager grinned.

Tao pouted at the manager’s answer. “Not fair, Hyung.”

The manager chuckled even more. “What’s not fair?”

“Are we there yet?” Someone asked from the back.

“Calm your horses, Kai. We will be arriving soon.” The manager informed him as well as for everyone.

 

Two vans parked beside each other at the available parking lots of the park as well as the cameramen following them who were quick with their feet to separate into groups and surround the two vans.

Kyung-mi was surprised by the sudden crowd outside of their van and gave a little shriek. “Kyaa!” She exclaimed as she scooted away from the door which was nearest to her.

“Shhh...” Hwa Young said calming Kyung-mi by rubbing her back a little. “Don’t shout too much. Your baby might cry.”

Kyung-mi calmed down a little as she remembered that she had a baby in her arms. She looked down to see the baby looking at her clothes very seriously.

Chin Ho?” Kyung-mi called out at the name of the baby that she was holding.

The said baby looked up the moment his name was being called to see a girl looking down curiously at him. He then used his little hand to touch Kyung-mi’s stomach and smiled cutely at her.

Kyung-mi was amazed by this and squealed at Chin Ho’s cuteness.

Just then, another little hand approached the mother and son. The two looked at it and saw that another baby was tapping his whole right hand at Chin Ho.

Chin Ho looked at the baby and decided to play with him.

“Hwa Young, your baby is pretty friendly, isn’t he?” Jangmi pointed out as she had been looking at them for quite some time. She looked down on her lap to see the baby who was given to her. The little girl on her lap was very quiet and had been sitting still for the entire journey. She reached out a hand to caress her child which resulted to the little one looking up to her.

“Hello, Emi.” She greeted the child in Japanese as she was assuming that she was one since her parents were speaking Japanese earlier. She smiled warmly at the baby girl.

The said baby just looked at her and touched Jangmi’s wrist that was nearest to her but never returning her smile.

Jangmi tilted her head to one side. A feeling of déjà vu occurring inside her heart.

“My little Yaozu is very cute~” Minjung squealed as she hugged the 6 years old boy sitting close beside her at the front seat of their van.

Mama...” Yaozu said as he looked up at Minjung.

Minjung gasped at the sudden name from her child. She blushed and felt warmth envelope inside her heart as she caressed the face of her son. “Yes, dear. I am Min-mama.” She nodded as she put a hand on her chest to emphasize her point since she only knew basic Chinese.

“Aww~ isn’t he adorable?” Yunmi exclaimed as she moved her head to look at Yaozu while cuddling her baby close to her as well. The baby’s eyes were closed. Yunmi stared at her sleeping child in adoration as she studied her features. After a few moments, the baby’s eyes opened slowly. She rubbed her eyes a little with her hand as she willed her eyes to open more widely to see someone staring down at her. She smiled cutely at her and jumped in her arms for her head to lean on her chest.

“Good morning, SooJu~” Yunmi greeted her child. “I am Yunmi-umma.”

“Mama~” SooJu muttered as she still kept on snuggling closer and closer to Yunmi.

“Well look at that. She loves you already.” Yoonji exclaimed grinning at Yunmi. Yoonii’s eyes twinkled but stopped as she felt someone pull her sleeves. She looked down at her own child. “Hungry...” She whined in Chinese.

“Eh? O-Okay.” YoonJi smiled at her own daughter. “What do you want to eat, Hway Dyok?” she asked her daughter in Chinese as well.

“Noodles~” Hway Dyok answered with excitement in her eyes.

“What? But didn’t your Mama say that you eat too much noodles?”

Hway Dyok pouted. “Noodles.”

“Ahh.. Okay... We’ll buy as soon as we get out of the car. We’ll find a noodle shop, okay?” Yoonji asked Hway Dyok but Yoonji’s attention was cut short when SooJu hugged the former on the neck. “Ack!” Yoonji said in surprise, a little bit choked because of the pressure of SooJu’s hug.

“Omo. Sorry~” Yunmi apologized and carefully got SooJu back on her lap. “I didn’t know that she would do that.”

“Hahaha~ It’s okay, Yunmi.” SooJu smiled at Yunmi and turned back to look at her daughter, Hway Dyok, who was pouting because her mommy’s attention was cut short from her.

SooJu noticed this and smiled warmly at Hway Dyok while she kissed her lightly on her forehead. “Okay?” She asked once again.

Hway Dyok smiled widely at SooJu’s action and nodded happily.

A knock was heard from the door and everyone was startled. They didn’t notice that the one who drove their van was already outside the door. They looked at him from outside while he motioned for them to start going out already.

Minjung opened the door at the front seat without a word and got out of the car immediately and turning back, signalling Yaozu to come to her. Yaozu obeyed but got out of the car by himself without having Minjung to carry him instead.

“We should get going now.” Hwa Young said to Kyung-mi since she had to be the first one to get out because she was nearest the door.

Kyung-mi nodded as an answer and looked at her child who was playing with Hong Hui in the middle of her and Hwa Young. She gathered the things first, wearing the backpack that was given to her by Chin Ho’s real parents.

“Chin Ho~” She called out. “Its time to leave now~” She carefully held Chin Ho with both hands and made him sit on her lap.

Hong Hui tilted his head, wondering why Chin Ho was taken away and turned his little head to look at his mother, Hwa Young.

Hwa Young just smiled warmly at him and stretched both her arms out, signalling for Hong Hui to come to her.

Hong Hui smiled widely and obeyed.

“Yaaay! Noodles!” Hway Dyok cheered when she noticed that they were going out of the car now and remembering her Yoonii-umma’s promise.

Yoonji chuckled at Hway Dyok’s excitement.

Someone opened the door and saw Minjung standing in front of them. “Kyung-mi, hurry up.” She said while the latter was making sure that everything was secure as she carefully held Chin Ho in her arms. She got out slowly, a bit scared that she might drop him which resulted to her putting more strength so that she would feel secure that the child is safe.

“Girls. There is a little problem in the other van.” An oppa called out.

“What? What happened?” Yoonji asked the man as Hway Dyok cuddled in her arms.

“Mama, Noodles.” Hway Dyok reminded her mom, a little bit impatient with the fact that they were not looking for a noodle shop by now.

“Come on. Let’s check out what’s holding us back.” Minjung said as she walked her way to the other van with Yaozu holding one of her hands and tagging along.

Holding us back...?” Hwa Young repeated the words as if she couldn’t believe that Minjung just said that.

“Ignore her...” Jangmi said as she patted Hwa Young’s shoulder while smiling warmly at her.

Hwa Young took a deep breath and let it out with a big sigh. “You’re right.” She then smiled back at Jangmi and both of them walked their way to the other van which was very noisy with a baby’s crying.

“She’s still crying...” Yoonji murmured as she tried to hop lightly since her own child wanted to eat noodles soon but couldn’t since they are still stuck at the parking area.

Mei Li, stop crying please.” Yoon Shik said to the said baby cried louder on her lap. The baby was very red from crying.

Yoon Shik looked worriedly while she rubbed her hand on Mei Li’s back to try to calm her down.

“Umma! I want to go down already! I want to play~” Minhee whined as she jumped in the little space she had inside the car.

“Yes, dear. But baby Mei Li is crying. Would you like to comfort her?” Eun Jae asked as she fixed Minhee’s slightly messy hair because of the jumping that she just did.

Minhee looked at Mei Li who was rubbing her eyes as she was crying more. She then made her way to get to the latter one while she said ‘excuse me’ to a girl who was on the way.

“Don’t cry, baby. It’s okay.” Minhee said as she caressed Mei Li’s head. When nothing happened, Minhee looked up to her mother. “I don’t think she can understand me.”

“Hmm... You’re right. Do you want to kiss her instead?” Sooyeon offered while her baby was playing with her index finger.

Minhee didn’t hesitate at all. She lowered her head to kiss Mei Li on the cheek. Right after, a baby struggled his way out of his mother’s arms to go to Mei Li as well and kissed her by the ear since that’s the only part that he could reach.

Ryuu.” His mother called out worried that he may fall down since he got out of her loose hold.

“Mmm.” Ryuu replied as he clapped his hands, proud that he did something good.

“You did well.” Eunmi said to her little baby boy, Ryuu, who was still clapping his hands. Until he puffed out his cheeks and used both of his hands to squash his big cheeks and little bits of his saliva came out from it.

“Eunmi, do you know where his towel is?” Jangmi asked.

“Ahh... wait...” Eunmi then searched Ryuu’s things, forgetting that the towel was right behind her seat. When she couldn’t seem to find it, she looked everywhere, almost ready to rip the whole van open if she had to but she finally saw the towel that was right behind her.

She then awkwardly wiped Ryuu’s saliva, dabbing the towel on his mouth.

Another baby’s attention was caught at the things that were happening around him. He let go of his mother’s hand which he was playing with earlier and moved his head to peek at what was happening. When he got no clue, he glanced at his mother.

“Do you want to kiss Mei Li to comfort her, Hiro?” Sooyeon asked her baby in Japanese.

Hiro just smiled cutely at his mother and then she guided him for him to reach Mei Li to kiss her as well.

“Me too~~” Hway Dyok yelled out in Chinese and reached out her other hand, trying to motion her mother who was carrying her to move closer to Mei Li.

Yoonji chuckled as she obeyed at what her child wanted. When they got near enough, Yoonji crouched a little for Hway Dyok to be able to reach Mei Li.

“Cheer up, Mimi~” Hway Dyok said to Mei Li in Chinese and kissed the latter who looked up just in time for Hway Dyok’s lips to peck hers.

Mei Li was shocked but her crying had stopped.

“Mei Li stopped crying~” Kyung-mi announced.

“Let’s cheer her up a little bit more.” Yuna suggested.

“Agreed.” Soojin smiled at Yuna’s words. “Let’s give her more love and kisses~” She grinned as everyone started to kiss and caress little Mei Li one by one.

It was a very sweet moment for all of them and alas, Mei Li was able to giggle even a little as she felt the warmth of her new surroundings.

“Uwah~ Thank you everyone~” Yoon Shik thanked all of the girls as well as the babies who have made Mei Li quite cheerful. She looked down at her smiling child once again and smiled warmly at her when they met eyes. She giggled lightly before pressing a soft kiss on her child’s forehead.

“Hate to break it to everyone but...” A man said out of the blue. “Your husbands and the kids’ fathers will be arriving here any moment from now. So it’s better to get a move on... Fast.”

The girls started to spread out of the park as what they were instructed and each of them got out a safety pin with an animal attached to it.

“Umma. What are we going to do here?” Chun Hei asked her mother Soojin as the latter was busy trying to attach the pin near the little girl’s collar.

“We are going to play here. Your appa will try to find us.” Soojin explained as she smiled at her daughter.

Chun Hei pouted. “But I don’t need an appa...”

Soojin was shocked by this statement and wondered immediately why she would say such a thing but didn’t ask her for now. “You have an appa that will love you dearly. I am sure he is excited to meet you like I was earlier.”

I doubt that...” Chun Hei murmured low enough for no one to hear.

 

Sooyeon sat on a nearby bench as she made Hiro, her child sit on her lap. She got out the pin that was given to her by the staff and reached out to pin it on Hiro’s clothes. Hiro on the other hand watched her movement curiously and looked down as well to see the thing that his mother was putting on him. When she was done, he looked up to his mother with curiosity in his eyes.

“Yes?” Sooyeon asked in Japanese.

Hiro said nothing but merely touched the pin with his hand.

“Oh, that’s a pin.” Sooyeon explained to him in Japanese. “It is how your father will find you.”

Hiro’s lips made an ‘O’ shape. Sooyeon found him very cute and so he pinched him very lightly and kissed him on the nose.

 

“Umma. What is this thing?” Jae Sun asked her mom. “It’s ugly. Why are you putting it on me?”

“This is a pin, Jae Sun.” Yuna explained to her child as she attached the pin to Jae Sun’s chest area. “And it’s not ugly. It’s really cute. And this is how your father will find you.”

Jae Sun pouted. “Can’t he just find me without wearing this one? It’s too girly for me...”

Yuna chuckled at Jae Sun’s words. “Nothing is girly when the pin just looks like an animal.”

“… Still don’t like it.” Jae Sun stated and turned around so that he wouldn’t be able to face his mother.

Yuna sighed lightly and an idea struck her. “Tell you what? You continue wearing that pin and I’ll buy what you want later on.”

Really?” Jae Sun turned his head slightly to look at Yuna.

“Yes.” Yuna smiled.

“Yaay! Thank you, umma!” Jae Sun jumped into Yuna’s arms for a hug.

“Of course. As long as it is reasonable.”

“Eh?” Jae Sun released her from the hug. “What do you mean by that?”

Yuna giggled. “You’ll see.”

 

“Minhee! Wait a minute~” Eun Jae yelled out the name of her daughter who ran her way to the swing.

Eun Jae ran to her and the little girl was already swinging by herself with a very joyful smile on her face. She stopped for a second to catch her breath and to admire the look and feeling of being a mother.

“Umma!” She heard her child call out and looked back at the swing but there was no sign of her baby there anymore. She looked around to find her at one of the seesaws waving her hand at her direction. “Come play with me!”

“Okay~” Eun Jae answered and made her way to her child but she suddenly remembered that she was supposed to attach the pin that was given to her to Minhee. “But can you please stay put for a moment?”

Minhee stopped at what she was doing and looked back at her mother. “Why?” She asked curiously.

“I’m just going to put this on you.” Eun Jae answered as she crouched down to be level with her daughter and held out the pin for her to see.

“What’s that for?”

“It’s for your father to see you easier.”

“Really?” Minhee’s eyes twinkled like stars. “Then I should do this for him to be able to see me.” Minhee puffed out her chest so that the pin would be more evident.

Eun Jae giggled. “Yes, dear. Wait for your father, okay?”

“Yes, umma~”

 

“Mama.” Hway Dyok called her mother. When her mother turned her head to look at her, she pointed at something in particular. “I want that one.” She said in Chinese, finger indicating a set on the playground that was shaped like a bowl.

Yoonji blinked, looking back down at her daughter. “Wh-What do you want that for, Hway Dyok?”

“So that I can eat my noodles in there!” Hway Dyok stretched out her arms to exaggerate the idea. Yoonji let out a warm laugh and winked down at her child.

“I’d like that too~ Did you know that Mama also likes noodles?” She crouched down and Hway Dyok mouth was wide open.

“Really?!” Hway Dyok bounced on her feet. “Noodles!”

Yoonji giggled, “Yes! I really love pasta~ I’m happy that we have something in common, Hway Dyok.”

“Me too!” Hway Dyok laughed and was about to head for the huge bowl in the playground when Yoonji stopped her. “Mama?”

“Before anything else, let me put this on you, first.” Yoonji took a small pin out of her pocket. “That way, your appa can find you.”

“Appa?” Hway Dyok tilted her head before smiling wide, “Will appa buy me noodles?”

“…” Yoonji blinked and blushed slightly at the aeygo her daughter was pulling onto her. “Of course he will!” She said without hesitation, even though she didn’t even know who it was going to be.

 

The EXO vans had arrived in the scene and once again, they were surrounded by cameras and cameramen. They got out, fixing their clothes and themselves before making their way to a canopy where the staff were standing by.

“We’re here.” Kris greeted first, bowing at the staff.

“Welcome!” One staff member greeted back as he waited for the rest of EXO to gather in front of him. Once he made sure every guy was present, he grinned wide. “So you know why you’re here, right?”

“Well… um… for the show?” Suho asked, tilting his head to one side slightly.

“Yes, that’s right.” The staff member chuckled. “This is a special show. But for now…” He took out a small box and handed each member a small card where three things were written on them.

“What’s this for, hyung?” Sehun asked, staring at the card with all of his might as if he was going to solve it in a jiffy.

“Those are your clues.” The staff member smirked and eyed the rest of the crew. “For your first mission.”

“M-MISSION!?” Every one of them gasped.

“I thought we were getting married!” Kai spat. “Not becoming spies! Or… we’re husbands and spies! Wow, that’s cool!”

“No, I don’t think that’s right, Kai.” D.O. sighed as he patted the younger male on the back as a sign to make him shut up.

“Wh-What are these clues for? What mission?” Tao croaked, now getting slightly nervous.

“ARE WE GOING BUNGEE JUMPING?!” Chanyeol bellowed, causing Baekhyun and Luhan who were standing beside him to jerk backwards at the sudden outburst. Chanyeol grinned from ear to ear and turned to see the two by his side, wondering why they were rubbing their ears. “What is it, hyungs?”

“Nothing, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun sighed, shaking his head.

“No, Chanyeol. We’re not bungee jumping.” Xiumin replied, looking at the clue in his hand. “Besides, what kind of clue is this, hyung?” He turned back to the elder staff member.

“I was going to ask the same thing.” Lay pursed his lips tight. “They don’t make sense.”

“That’s the point of clues.” The staff member laughed and Kris just stared right through him. “Well, in a few seconds from now. We’re going to have a little scavenger hunt.”

“S-Scavenger…” D.O. swayed in his place.

“You want us to look for these things?” Luhan raised a suspicious eyebrow, staring down at his clue. “I don’t think I can find samgyupsal in a park.”

Chanyeol, who was standing by his side and peering over his shoulder to look at the clue, stifled a laugh. “Pfft.”

Luhan looked back up and pouted. Chanyeol immediately stepped back and shook his head, covering his grin with a hand.

“No, you guys won’t be looking for the things listed there.” The member added. “Those three words on your clue cards are what your wife likes.”

“…” The EXO guys froze in silence.

“Wait.” Kris raised a hand to get things straight. “Let me get things straight. You want us to go on a scavenger hunt and hunt for our wives?”

“Yes.” The member smiled at him,

“…” Kris was at a loss for words.

“Well, are there any questions?” Another staff member popped in the conversation.

“Uh… Uh….” Suho looked to and fro at every member as if he was trying to ask them to ask something that will help clear the thoughts in his mind. But no one was budging.

“Well, since there aren’t any more questions. We’ll start with a countdown! At the sound of ‘Go!’, please go and look for your wife!”

“That’s not a very good way to put things.” Lay added.

“You should’ve said that earlier with what Kris just said.” Chen nudged him on the side.

“I can hear you, Chen.” Kris eyed the younger male.

“Okay. We just have to look for our wife right? No problem!” Kai grinned, feeling the fire burning inside him. Now he was getting excited. His wife must be a real beauty if they kept her like this. “I’ll be the first one to find my wife! Ah! But don’t get mad, hyungs!”

The elder male members turned their heads back at the younger male. “What?”

“Don’t get mad at me if I happen to get your wife~” Kai snickered.

The other guys seemed to have gotten the message and a certain competitive spirit suddenly enveloped them.

“Oh, we’ll see about that.” Baekhyun added with a smirk.

“Wow~ you guys are really feeling it.” The staff member nodded his head in approval. “Well, to spice things up more, how about we give prizes to the first five EXO guys that bring us back their wife first!”

“WE’RE ON IT!” The EXO guys cheered.

“Good!” The staff member raised his arm as the EXO guys lined up, ready to make a run for it in the park. “Ready… Set…”

There was a strained split-second silence before…

GO~!”

 


 

Author's Note:

Oooh My God!! I can't believe this is really happening hahahah! It killed us both authors when we were writing this and were passing the work because of dried brains from all the chapter making bwahahaha. But it was all worth it just for you guys!! Love ya lots! It really motivated us to write because of all your lovely comments and I hope you would still encourage us!! Hahahaha.

For these 2 chapters, Mommy Angie was always the one who started the chapter but for the next one, I'll be starting it because of the HUnt. Bwahahaha. So its gonna be one hell of a chapter with all the hunting and stuff. hahahaah. PLease anticipate it~ And hahah. Its gonna be longer than this OTL

 I hope we portrayed your characters well!! *prays* hahaha. 

We had our fun with the babies hahaha. But its gonna be a lot more at the later chapters. Heck, its gonna be such a ruckus big family. Hahahahah

Co-author's Note:

AT LAST! EPISODE TWO IS UP! And say hello to the girls~ :3 HAHAHA We've bolded and italicised the names so that they'll stand out more XD I hope you guys didn't get too confused with the characters. I won't blame you. There's more than 30 characters in this story after all XD ;u; And this chapter was like 23 pages. LMAO. It's gonna get longer. I can feel it.

Sobs. So happy for this chapter. But lol at the EXO guys~ Looks like they have their work cut out for them. XD

Hmmm. I wonder what's going to happen in the next episode~! :D Such a cliffhanger! XD *bricked*

Also, thank you for the lovin in the previous episode! It really fired us up to write the  next episode! Keep at it guise~ XD :3 Till next episode! Hope you like it!

-- Keychained