Episode 10

❝ We Got Babies! ❞

February 4

The family woke up from the sudden cry of the baby. Eun Mi jolted up to see Ryuu crying hysterically on the bed.

“Shhh…” Eun Mi tried patting him at first if ever it would work. She was still quite sleepy and her eyes couldn’t bear the light emitted from the window. When her hand touched the waist line of the baby, it was damp.

Lay groaned awake. “What happened?” He asked.

“Ryuu is soaking wet with his pee.” Eun Mi answered, quickly working to the clothes of the baby for him to get out of it.

“Oh…” Lay was speechless as he looked down at his damp shirt as well.

“Let’s go and clean you up, okay?” Eun Mi said to Ryuu, picking him up and trying to comfort him by rubbing his back while she walked to the bathroom.

Lay gave out a big yawn as he got out of bed and made his way to follow them. He stared at Eun Mi and Ryuu inside the bath tub for quite a while when Eun Mi noticed him.

“Lay, help me bathe him.” she said with a slight tone of exasperation.

Lay willingly obliged as he absentmindedly walked and stripped his wet shirt home and joined Eun Mi bathing Ryuu.

“Here we go…” Lay said as he got hold of Ryuu for Eun Mi to soap the child but instead…

Eun Mi’s eyes widened at the sight of Lay’s bare chest and Ryuu noticed it too.

“Yah… why did you strip? Do you want a bath too?” she asked playfully when she has finally gotten a grip on herself.

“My shirt was wet.” Lay pouted.

“Oooo…” Ryuu cooed as he tried reaching for his ‘dad’s’ chest, he looked at his ‘mom’ amused.

Eun Mi smirked as a thought came to mind. “Dad wants a bath too…?” she told Ryuu in Japanese.

Ryuu quickly understood and was ecstatic about the idea as he splashed water all over the place.

Eun Mi gave out a light squeal as she giggled her way trying to avoid the water while sleepy Lay got splashed with it and resulted in him being surprisingly wide awake.

“Wh-what?” he stammered as the cold water hit him.

Eun Mi giggled at what she saw. “That’s what you get for being half-.”

Lay blinked a couple of times and slowly, a grin formed on his lips. “Is that so…?”

Eun Mi was about to answer when she got splashed by water.  She used her hands to get the water out of her face and was met by a grinning Lay and an ecstatic Ryuu as the two boys looked at her.

The family then resulted to having a water fight until Lay sneezed.

“Omo…” Eun Mi quickly handed Ryuu to Lay as she hurried to get towels to cover both Lay and Ryuu.

“Thanks.” Lay sniffed as Eun Mi gently wrapped Ryuu with the other towel as baby Ryuu wondered what was going on.

“I think play time is over. Let’s get you dressed, baby~” She told Ryuu in Japanese. “Lay, please take a warm bath so that you won't get cold.” She told the other in Korean.

Eun Mi then made quick work with Ryuu and attended to other things inside the room. When finished, that’s when she realized that she was still wet from the water play and that it was getting colder and colder.

She shivered as she wrapped her arms around herself absently watching baby Ryuu drinking his milk, slowly dozing off to sleep.

Suddenly a towel wrapped around her as someone kept it secured from the back. Lay leaned his chest on Eun Mi’s back – hugging her close. “If you keep on wearing it, you will get really sick.” He warned with pure concern as he slowly rubbed her arms through the towel. “Get off those clothes quickly.”

 

Eun Jae smiled widely as she basically skipped her way to somewhere. Passing by the kitchen, she unconsciously saw Lay in which she beamed even more widely, very excited for today.

“Oppa!” Eun Jae exclaimed, going further inside the kitchen, closer to Lay. “Good morning~!”

“Good morning, Eun Jae-shii.” Lay replied with much enthusiasm as he tried finishing what he was cooking.

“Is that for someone who I think it is?”

“Hm?” Lay looked up at Eun Jae, puzzled by what she had just said.

“You know~” Eun Jae tried to give the look for a clue.

“Oh… this?” Lay held the food that he made up. “This is for baby Ryuu.”

Eun Jae scrunched her nose at the thought that the food was for Eun Mi instead. Come to think about it, the food Lay was making was all so… squashy. Eun Jae thought. “What about for your wife?” She asked in wonder. “What did you prepare for her?”

“Hm?” Lay asked lazily again as if he hadn’t heard what Eun Jae had just said.

“It is Eun Mi-unnie’s birthday~!” Eun Jae couldn’t help but blurt out the little frustration that she felt from Lay.

“Shhh!” Lay quickly hushed her, looking around to see if anyone was around. When Eun Jae quickly shushed, he whispered. “I am pretending that I did not remember…”

“Oh…” Eun Jae nodded in understanding and her widest smile came back. “Well~ I am excited for today. Where is Mi-unnie?”

“Inside our room.”

“Okay~ I’ll be going over there, oppa.” She then got out of the kitchen and quickly made her way to Eun Mi. Eun Jae stopped when she reached the door and decided that it was best to knock.

“Come in~” Eun Mi chimed and Eun Jae gladly obliged.

 

Eun Mi looked up to see who knocked the door and saw a grinning Eun Jae looking down at her.

“Oh…” Eun Mi straightened her clothing as she was lying down on the carpeted floor with Ryuu on top of her. “Goo-.” Ryuu covered and released it. “d mo-“ He repeated again until Eun Mi completed the sentence ‘Good morning’ and burst into giggles, clearly amused by how his ‘mom’ sounded from what he did.

Eun Jae giggled as Eun Mi tickled Ryuu for revenge.

“Good morning-unnie~” Eun Jae chimed and walked closer to the mother and child as she sat down on the carpeted floor. “What are you doing here on the floor?” She asked curiously, tilting her head to one side.

“Oh, it is because of our little Ryuu here.” Eun Mi began tickling him again. “Had a little accident in his pants when we were sleeping.”

“Ohhh…” Eun Jae looked at the direction of the bed and true enough, it was not presentable at the moment.

“What brings you here?” Eun Mi asked to change the subject.

Eun Jae perked up, nearly forgetting what she came to Eun Mi for and quickly got the gift from her pocket. “Happy birthday, unnie~”

Eun Mi’s eyes widened. “Omo. Thank you very much.” She gladly accepted the gift. “I actually almost forgot that it is my birthday today.” Eun Mi shook her head.

Eun Jae giggled. “How can you forget your own birthday?”

“Well…” Eun Mi thought. “Things have been busy…”

Someone disrupted their conversation when a door suddenly opened as Lay went inside, smiling as his dimple showed. “Lunch is ready~”

“Omo!” Eun Jae bolted up and was about to say her goodbyes when Eun Mi called her.

“Please keep it a secret that today is my birthday okay?” Eun Mi whispered as one eye watched at Lay who was innocently looking back.

“Why?” Eun Jae whispered back as low as she could.

Eun Mi shrugged in response as she gently urged Eun Jae to go on ahead. I just don’t want others to be troubled by it... things have been so busy that planning for a birthday party may just be troublesome. She looked down at baby Ryuu, still ogling at her. At the very least, I’m old enough for a birthday party. It’ll be fine.

 

 

Eun Mi sighed, pouting unconsciously, walking her way to the balcony and leaning on the rail. She looked at the sky full of beautiful stars and a quarter moon at its wake.

“What a beautiful night and yet…” She murmured as she finished the sentence through her thoughts. And yet… someone actually forgot my birthday….

“Mimi-ah.”

Eun Mi’s eye twitched at the name. Irritated at that, she decided to turn to face him nonetheless but was surprised when Lay put the sweater around her.

“Yah…. You don’t look after yourself that well. You will really catch a cold if you wear this light especially outside.”

Eun Mi looked down at what Lay put around her and she wore them properly. She actually forgot that she was just wearing little clothing on such a cold weather. When she put on the sweater that Lay gave her, she noticed that it was something that was not from her closet. “Uh… this isn’t mine.” She said to Lay.

“I know.” Lay nodded. “But it is yours from now on.”

“This over-sized sweater?” Eun Mi asked, pulling a part of it for emphasis.

“Yeah…” Lay nodded once again but was now uncertain if he did something right or not. “Don’t you like it? It suits you.”

Eun Mi gave a sly smirk as she turned around to face the view once again. “It's good. Thank you.” She wasn’t sure if it was coincidence or not for the fact that he actually bought an over-sized sweater that she likes. She doesn’t know anything anymore when it comes to Zhang Yixing.

Lay pouted. “Is that all I get?”

Eun Mi turned to the side to face him. “Is this all I get?” She shot back and was responded to a grinning Lay.

In no time, Lay joined her little sight-seeing activity as Eun Mi broke the silence. “You know, sweaters can only give you little warmth. It is different when it comes from a certain someone.” She emphasized the last word.

Lay turned to face her with a confused look. “What?”                                                                                                    

Eun Mi burst out laughing at Lay’s cuteness while Lay wrapped his arms around her. He hugged her tight from her side and whispered to her ear. “Happy birthday, Mimi.”

Eun Mi pouted at the nickname. “Don’t call me that.” She whined silently as Lay chuckled.

“What? It's cute~” He said and chuckled again when Eun Mi pouted even more. “What do you want me to call you then?”

Eun MI hummed. “Oh I don’t know… Any endearment you know in Chinese?”

“Hmm… Baobei?”

“What does it mean?” Eun Mi asked curiously as she snuggled closer to Lay’s embrace.

“It means a lot of things.” Lay answered indirectly.

Eun Mi smiled, satisfied nonetheless because of the endearment that he called her. From what she had heard, Baobei sounds like the word ‘baby’ for some reason. She is already happy with that. It doesn’t make her feel that old. She chuckled at the thought, “As long as it isn’t Mimi.” She murmured, leaning her head on Lay’s chest.

“But I still like ‘Mimi’.” Lay said and earned a slap at the arm from Eun Mi as the two of them laughed.


Author's Note:

Hello everyone~! Things have been busy lately, we are sorry for the late update. We will try our best to write as much as possible despite our busy schedules life.

kekeke Anyways~! This chapter is dedicated to my achie! (belated) Happy birthday achie Marie~! I'm sorry this took so long *sob*

I hope you enjoy this chapter! And of course everyone of you, readers as well. 

Byebye~