Chapter 7

A Drought Of Time

Chapter Seven

(CLICK)

(CLICK)

“That’s good, a little more y” the photographer. Taemin had natural make-up and his hair had been hair sprayed to death. Key was of course nearby, watching Taemin. The photo shoot was winding down but it had been a long day of changing clothes and make up. Polham had been a fun brand to work with. Key grudgingly had agreed to share Taemin with other brands.

“Remember you were mine first” was all that Key had said. This brand had jerked him mind back to Juilliard. The first winter had been brutal. Taemin and Kai were both used to winters in Korea, but the winter in America seemed even colder. They both talked about how they wished they had spent the money and bought Polham jackets to bring over. There were many fancy brands over in the USA that they could buy, but it just made Taemin homesick for Korea. He had definitely had had a harder time adjusting than Kai had. Taemin was excelling in the classed more than Kai. It was a trade-off. Taemin had never been a hugely social person. Minho and him had been thrown in together because they were neighbors. He met Key, Onew, and Jonghyun because of Minho. Kai had found him and friended him through persistence and had introduced him to EXO. Taemin never had experience making new friends, while Kai was a social butterfly. He would go out to the clubs and make new friends automatically. Taemin would rather stay in and watch Harry Potter while doing his homework. All these memories swirled around in his head while modeling for Polham.

Your look is amazing, keep on doing that. Taemin saw modeling as dancing. He was itching to leave and go dancing at the studio. No matter how much money this would make him, he felt comfortable in a ripped shirt and shorts dancing.

“That’s a wrap. Good job” Taemin snapped back to reality and clapped with the crew for the photographer.

“Key can I go now?”

“Taemin you antsy to leave, yes go give back the clothes and then I can drop you off.” Taemin walked back to the changing room to put on his dance clothes. He returned the Polham branded clothes to the stylist, before walked out with Key to the car.

Taemin jumped out of the car when Key had stopped at SM.

“Do you want me to pick you up after?”

“No Key, I’ll be fine”

“Okay, I’ll be at the office all night so I’ll see you later, if the frog gives you problems call me” Key glared at the building as if it was Minho itself. Taemin laughed

“Okay, now go!” Taemin walked into the dance studio. Minho and the dance crew was already there and so was the form of Yuri.

“Ah! Taemin there you are!” Yuri looked around when the door had opened. Taemin jaw clenched.

“You’re early, I thought you said 8pm?” Minho asked briskly. “It’s only 7:15pm, Yuri was going to be gone by then”

“I finished early and wanted to smooth some of the choreography out before the session. It’s fine I don’t mind Yuri here.” Taemin said as he walked to the stereo. His heart had dropped. It wasn’t hurting but more like a dull pressure that was weighing on his heart. When Yuri turned around she had been wearing a sweatshirt with the University of Seoul emblem on it. He couldn’t prove it was his, unless she took it off. A hand on his shoulder made him jump. His head swiveled around to see Yuri smiling at him.

“Taemin, I would love to get to know you better, we should hang out sometime!” Taemin nodded.

“Yuri, did you go to the University of Seoul?” Taemin asked trying to seem innocently curious, pointing at the sweatshirt. Yuri laughed,

‘Oh no, this is Minho’s I took it from his closet.”

“Did he go there?”  Yuri actually looked confused,

“No he didn’t, I don’t know why he has this, haha It wouldn’t even fit him, it is too small for someone like him. Maybe it is like a younger cousin’s or something. Oh by the way what is your favorite food Taemin?”

“oh, uh steak?” Taemin wondered where in the world that question had come from, along with a weird feeling in his gut. That had to be his sweatshirt. The one, he assumed, Minho would have burnt just like his own.

“Ah Minho was right, I thought he was lying” Yuri gave a little laugh, “I’ll leave you to get ready” Taemin watched as she went back to Minho. Minho was watching him. Taemin felt emotionally and physically exhausted. He went into a side smaller dance studio and plugged his ipod in and just started to dance. He danced out his frustration, anger, sadness, and loneliness.

 


 

Little did he know that two guys were watching him from the door. They recognized the movements, that had been perfected from the last time they had seen Taemin.

“Yah, if he catches us, he will think we are stalkers and call security on us.”

“shut up and we won’t be caught.”

“YAH don’t hit me you food monster” the older one of the two rubbed his head. “You should never be allowed to get stronger”

 



Taemin danced until his phone’s alarm went off telling him he had to go teach. He went back to the studio. He might be paranoid but he thought he heard people running away from the door when he went out, but looking around he saw nothing. He walked back into the studio.  Yuri was gone and Minho and the dance crew were waiting for him.

“Are you guys ready? Lets run through what we already know tonight, and then tomorrow we can go over the next part of the dance sequence.” Taemin felt dead on his feet. The dance session was only 2 hours and Taemin kept his distance from Minho. By the time Taemin left the locker room everyone had done

 

Author's Note: Just saw that I didn't update Sunday oops. So here is a random update. Next one will be like friday, tomorrow I have huge presentations and papers and it will be horrible. So if I am still alive I will update on Fridayyyyy [: