Chapter 25

A Drought Of Time

Author's Note: Kind of a tangent but I felt like it was needed. Doesn't really move the plot forward, but enjoy!

 

Taemin woke up snuggled between Onew and Jonghyun. He wondered why he was waked up unhappy. He was incredibly happy and warm between his two friends.

“Wake up! Breakfast, UP UP UP” Key came in, in his pink apron and spatula in hand. He started whacking the three of them. Groans and moans were heard from the other two, trying to pull the covers over their heads.

“Leave us alone Keyyyyyyyyy” Jonghyun’s voice came from under the comforter. Taemin froze and looked at Key who smirked.

“What did you say Jonghyun? You want to stay in bed? Okay.” Key left the bedroom. Jonghyun peaked his head out, with an expression of extreme surprise that the diva had let him stay in bed. Taemin carefully left the bed, having a feeling in his gut that something was going to happen. He went over to the dresser to change into new clothes. Some noises made Taemin look up and see Key walk back into the bedroom with a basin in hand.

“You can stay in bed for as long as you want, I even brought you guys something to drink.” Key said sweetly. Onew and Jonghyun popped their head out, right in time for the water to hit them in the face. Taemin was laughing. Their expressions were priceless.

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS COLD!!!!!” Jonghyun screamed. Onew looked sadly at the soaked bed.

“You don’t want to stay in bed?” Key asked innocently as Onew and Jonghyun got out of bed.

“No,” mumbled Onew.

“That’s what I thought. Come down for breakfast.” Key swept out of the room.

“You shouldn’t have provoked Key Umma,” Taemin said in a sing song voice as he skipped form the room.

“Thanks” Jonghyun said darkly.

“No problem!” Taemin yelled back. He ran down stairs to see food on the kitchen table. “I’m going to work, I’ll see you later!” Taemin tried to sneak out the door, but bumped into Key.

“Baby, I think it’s sweet you think you could get away with that. Key Umma never forgets anything about his Taebaby. Sit.” Taemin grimaced and slowly he sat down. “Look I even made you a plate of food already.” Taemin looked down to see the plate was full of food. He was going to get fat and uglier, no one would want him. Onew came and sat down.

“Taemin we aren’t going to leave until you eat. Then I’m bringing you to the hospital to do a check up on you, don’t protest!” Taemin squared his jaw and pouted. If I don’t eat then I don’t have to go. So Taemin sat there. Onew, Key and Jonghyun watched him, and three of them had already finished their meal. Key started to get phone calls, where Taemin could hear people yelling about missed schedules and urgent fashion matters. Jonghyun had his intern pounding at the door telling him that SNSD were getting impatient in the recording studio, while Onew’s pager kept going off. But none of the three moved, they sat their calmly waiting for Taemin. He hated being the cause of all this anguish and problems, so slowly he started to eat. He felt self-conscious eating in front of the stares of the guys. He hated to say it but he missed the taste of food, especially Key’s food. Before Taemin knew it his plate was clean.

“See that wasn’t that bad, right baby?” Key patted his head before standing up.

“Let’s go, Taemin you go with Onew and then he will drop you off at SM after your lunch.” Jonghyun grabbed his keys before messing Keys hair up and running out the door.

“YAH DINO! IT TOOK ME HOURS TO GET MY HAIR JUST RIGHT! Ugh, dino’s just don’t understand how hard it is to be fabulous.” He said smiling at Taemin. He said goodbye to Key before leaving with Onew for the hospital.

The hospital was horrible, he got poked and prodded and stuck. Blood was drawn, his weight was measured, his BMI was checked, he was examined until he wanted to die. Onew walked in with a clipboard, looking more professional than Taemin had even seen him.

“Taemin, your weight in low and your BMI is too low for your height. I am going to prescribe these multivitamins, and bring you to the nutritionist to have an eating plan drawn up for you. It was caught early so there shouldn’t be too much damage to the heart or muscles. I’ll bring you to the nutritionists and then let’s have lunch?” Onew gave him a hug before taking his hand and dragging him to an office two floors down.

“Hello I called down for an appointment for Lee Taemin, yes and how long should it take? Can you call me when the appointment is almost over? Okay thanks.” Taemin walked into the new office glaring at Onew. He was met by a big man named Kim Jong Kook. He said that he was going to help make a personal eating plan for Taemin. Taemin was a little fearful of the man, who had enough muscles to compress him, Onew, Key, and Jonghyun is one go. After the meet went on for a while, Taemin got more comfortable with Mr. Kim who gave good ideas to help Taemin. Smaller meals more times a day, so it wouldn’t feel like he was eating too much at once, helping with Taemin’s anxiety. Also small snacks like almonds and dried fruit to keep his energy up. Taemin left the appointment a little guilty he had glared at Onew for bringing him here. Mr. Kim had been helpful. Taemin left the office to see Onew smiling at him.

“You ready for lunch Taemin?” He nodded keeping his head down.

“I’m sorry that I glared at you….Thank you for helping me.” Taemin whispered.

“No problem Taemin, I know this must be hard for you. I don’t care if you glare at me or yell at me, just that you are healthy mmmm?” Taemin smiled up at the older guy.

“Thanks.” Lucnh was still a struggle, and Onew had to threaten Taemin with a call to Key to make sure he ate. Taemin was exhausted by the time Onew dropped him off at SM.

Taemin made his way up to the dance studio where DBSK was already warming up. The session went without any problems. They were fast learners, even though they complained the whole time. They reminded Taemin of little children. It was so different from the public image they held, but he liked them better this way, less godly and more human. Taemin got multiple texts throughout the day from Key reminding him to come home and worrying about Taemin’s appointment at the hospital. He decided to walk home, seeing the night was so nice. 

 

Author's Note: I am officially addicted to Tumblr and also I am having a major DBSK/Yunjae withdrawal/depression (not actually but sadness).