Chapter 1

A Drought Of Time

Author's Note: This chapter is a little slow, but I'm setting things up? I'll update again this weekend [:

 

Chapter One

Taemin couldn’t believe that he was back in Korea. It had been four long years. His hair was back to black and cut shorter. He was still thin, but now more muscular. Taemin looked around; everything was darker because of his sunglasses. He checked his watch, his plane was on time so where were they?

“MOVE YOU DINO, I HAVE TO FIND MY TAEBABY. MOVE IT. DON’T YOU DARE TRY AND STOP ME” Taemin smiled, he missed that. He saw Key sporting a shorter cut with bangs, with stripes of color in his hair running towards him.

“Umma!” Taemin dropped his bag and ran towards the frantic Key Umma. Taemin vaguely realized that people were staring at him and Key. “I missed you!” Taemin said into Keys shoulder. Key pulled them apart and looked at Taemin from head to toe.

“You grew”

“Yes, yes I did”

“Hey Key stop hogging Taemin,” Jonghyun stood beside Key, and Onew a little farther back.

“Hey, I missed you guys too!” Taemin gave Onew and Jonghyun a big hug.

“Well let’s stop wasting time and get going. Yah Dino go get my baby’s bag over there.” Key motioned to the bag Taemin had dropped to run to Key.

“I can get…”

“It’s okay, Jonghyun doesn’t mind, right?” Jonghyun just smiled,

“I don’t mind, go with Key he has been crazed for the last couple of weeks before you came back, did you notice he missed you?” That earned a hit on the head from the diva. Jonghyun rubbed his head while walking to grab the bag. Taemin was beaming. He had been dreaming about this moment for years now.

“Lets go, hurry” Key grabbed Taemin’s hand and dragged him to the car. Taemin looked around and saw Onew packing his luggage in the back on the car and Jonghyun walking out with bag. They all piled into the car and Onew started to drive. “So like I told you, us three all live in a loft like house dorm. You will be moving into the room across from mine and next to these two” Key motioned the Onew and Jonghyun who were in the front seats.

“We all have weird hours, so you are warned” Onew said from the driver’s seat. “Key being a fashion designer diva sometimes he forgets to even come home”

“Well insirpiration hits a genius at random times, is it my problem if my genius hits at 3am?”

“Yes it is your fault,” Jonghyun said laughingly, then turning to Taemin he said “ It’s better when it hits when he is at the studio, if not then all it is loud thumping around his room when he trying to get all his ideas down, OUCH” Jonghyun rubbed his shoulder where the Diva had hit him.

“Jonghyun isn’t any better, at the studio for hours.”

“That is the job of a music producer, singers do the best late at night!” Jonghyun defended himself. “What about you Onew, you smarty pants doctor will be in and out at all hours of the day.”

“ANYWAYS, what we are saying is that we have crazy schedules,” Key said Taemin’s hair.

“mmmm that’s okay, I still have to look for a job”

“Oh! About that I found you something while you are looking” Key said clapping his hands.

“Really?! That’s great!! What is it?”

“Being my model!” Taemin heard Jonghyun burst out laughing. “Shut up dino before I shave your head.”

“I have never modeled before….”

“You’ll be a natural! You will fit my clothes PERFECTLY. Anyways it is for a small spread, nothing big….Ah we are here, Dino grab the bags.” Key dragged Taemin out and into a huge house.

“wow.” Taemin’s mouth hung open.

“Here is the kitchen, please don’t use it unless you have too, I’ll make anything you want to eat, uh the living room the TV is a free for all, those are Junghyun’s games, the bathroom, we have another one upstairs as well. The laundry room is over here. NEVER let Onew or the Dino do your laundry for you.” Key shivered as if reliving a horrible memory. “Up here is my room, Onew’s room, Junghyun’s room and your room!” Taemin walked into the bedroom. It had a bed, closet and chest of drawers. It was painted White and the floor was carpeted.

“Here are your bags” Onew and Jonghyun came in with his luggage.

“Thanks!”

“We’ll leave you to unpack, come down for dinner in an hour or so” Key said before shutting the door. Taemin fell down on the bed. Being back in Korea was weird. So much had changed and so much was the same. He smiled, he really loved being back with his family. Modeling for Key wouldn’t be that bad, I mean after all he had done for him. Taemin stood up and started to unpack his bags.

 


 

 Taemin walked down to the kitchen with the smell of kalbi in the air. “Key want me to set the table?”

“That would be great, dinner will be in a couple of minutes, after you set the table call the others?” Taemin looked around in the cupboards before finding the chopsticks, napkins, cups, plates, and bowls. HE started to set them up around the table.

“Guys it is time for dinner” Taemin said poking his head in the living room. Both boys looked up from the game they were playing. Taemin walked back into the kitchen to see Key setting the food down on the table. Taemin sat down as Onew and Jonghyun walked into the room.

“Onew grab us the water?” Key asked as he scooped rice out.  When everyone was sitting down, Key gave the signal and everyone grabbed for the food. “You guys are like cavemen when it comes to food.” Key scolded as he watched the three grab at the different side dishes and meat. Dinner was filled with light chatter about the details of the three’s lives in Korea. They had talked almost every day when Taemin had been in America, but telling him in person seemed to be more real. Taemin didn’t mind either, he liked hearing about their lives. He sat happily and ate hearing about Jonghyun’s bands he was producing, Onew’s patients, Key’s new designs. “You will drop by the studio tomorrow to try on clothes for the shoot?” Key dropped that bomb in the middle of a conversation. Taemin with a mouthful of rice nodded his head.

“Sure, what time do you want me?”

“You’ll be jet lagged, so like 3pm?” Taemin nodded again, before yawning.

“That’s it. Go shower and then bed. Now.” Key shooed him from the table. Taemin headed upstairs and took a short shower before curling up in his bed. It felt great being back home.