Chapter 11

A Drought Of Time

Chapter Eleven

Author's Note: Forgive me, it is short I know, but final's prep is killing me! :(

 

Kai was on the couch staring up at the ceiling. He hadn’t expected to run into Taemin at the school. He had just been walking about the city when he found himself in front of the school. He shouldn’t have gone up. Kai was hurting, but he knew that Taemin was hurting more. When he had first come back to Korean he was dead set on not seeing or talking to Taemin. He wanted nothing to do with the boy, but now that he had run into Taemin, he felt a compulsion to talk to him and to be near him. Kai smacked his head. Kai looked down on his phone. The most texts sent were still Taemin. He had never deleted anything Taemin had sent him. Kai thought about it, maybe it was time to clear out his inbox. He opened up the message thread. He cringed. He had said some things that he knew he shouldn’t have, but he had been so angry. Rereading each message before he deleted them made that time and place so vivid clear in his mind. He never knew how jealous he had been, and how Taemin had done everything to reassure him. He hadn’t seen it back then. He stopped at one message. It was the last time that Taemin had told him that he had loved Kai. Kai, he hadn’t said it back. He remembered he had been avoiding Taemin that whole week. He had slept in Myungsoo’s dorm, ate with his new friends, he didn’t even go back for clothes, but wore Myungsoo’s. Taemin had brought a bag of clothes and left it outside of Myungsoo’s dorm door, but Kai hadn’t even picked it up. He guessed Taemin had come back and seen the untouched bag and brought it back to their dorm, because when he moved out the bag was sitting on his bed. Taemin had given him his space, which had angered Kai even more that he was so understanding. Taemin had never blamed Kai or Myungsoo, never yelled at they were horrible people or that he was too good for Kai. Taemin wasn’t that kind of person. But Kai had seen the pain in his eyes that he had when it had been Minho. He saw how Taemin controlled the pain, smiled and kept on living. He had thrown so much in his face, and he had accepted it.

He deleted all but three texts from Taemin. Kai scrolled down to the bottom of his conversations and saw the thread with Key. Kai frowned, when had he texted Key? He didn’t even know he had Key’s number, he opened the thread and choked. [He needs you Kai. I know what he did. He couldn’t resist Minho. It’s not an excuse. Please help him. I think Minho broke my baby, and you are the only one who can fix him.] His past was haunting him and he wanted to make it stop. Make these memories stop. “I’M SORRY JUST STOP” he yelled.

“Sorry about what Kai?” Sehun asked, as he sat down next to Kai eating an apple.

“Nothing.” Kai hesitated before deleting Key’s conversation thread. [de-do~]Kai slide is phone unlocked and looked at the message [Myungsoo: I miss you -_^]

“Who is that? “ Sehun leaned over to look at his phone and then frowned. “Oh.”

“You don’t know him Sehun”

“I don’t.”

“Then don’t judge him.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not. I’m judging you.” This made Kai angry.

“You know nothing of what went on! You can’t say anything!”

“Then tell me Kai, tell me what happened?!”

“I’m your hyung! You should be on my side!”

“I know Taemin too…. Tell me what happened! Please!”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Not now Sehun, not now.”

“Okay.”

Kai got up and went to his bedroom. [Kai: I miss you too Soo.] He threw his phone on the bed. He needed to see Taemin. He needed to explain himself and then maybe he would stop feeling this way and be able to be happy. He got up and walked past Sehun to the door.

“Where are you going Hyung’’

“out.” Kai grabbed his jacket and started walking towards SM entertainment.