Chapter 4

A Drought Of Time

NAHHHHHHHH! Yesterday I finished three of my six papers that are due this week. I was feeling happy so I decided to update. hahaha. Enjoy! Comment!  I feel like I should be listening to SHINee when I write these, but it is usually Shinwha >_< Short side note. hahaha.

Chapter Four

“What do you mean I have a new choreographer ?”  Minho spat. “I want trainer Kang back”

“I’m sorry, but he is working with Super Junior in China, the boss got you a new one, I heard he is a dancing prodigy.” Minho huffed and sat down in the corner putting his hood up and sunglasses on. He was tired. He had spent most of the night staring at those damn pictures. He almost threw them away, but every time his body wouldn’t let him. He was already in a bad mood and now Suju had stolen his choreographer and he was stuck with a newbie.

“Annyonghasaeyo, I’m the new Choreographer. Nice to meet you all!” Minho thought, I should have looked at those pictures so much, now I am hearing his voice.

“Nice to meet you, these are the backup dancers, and He is over there. If he is rude, it is just because he is tired don’t take it personally.” Minho looked down and saw a pair of shoes

“Annyonghasaeyo,” Minho looked up and choked.

“Minho! Are you okay?” his manager ran to him. He jerked his head up to see Taemin’s micro expression of shock before it smoothly calmed back to nonplus.

“I’m fine, get off of me” hissed Minho.

“How about you introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself” Minho’s manager suggested. Minho watched as Taemin chewed his lower lip.

“My name is Lee Taemin, I just graduated from Juilliard, I have lived in the USA for the last four years. I’m a type B blood, I was born July 18, 1993. Ummmmm, that is about it.”

“How did you get into Vogue?” a backup dancer yelled.

“Ou…My friend is the designer and asked me for the favor to model some of his clothes….” Taemin answered awkwardly.

“Your hot!” someone yelled, Taemin laughed.

“Thank you”

“Are you single?” Taemin just smiled,

“Should we start the dance practice?” Minho swore in his head, why had Taemin avoided that question?

“I’m going to change, and then can we listen to the track?” Taemin asked, before grabbing his bag and heading to the changing rooms. Minho paced. He paced until he heard Taemin walk out of the locker room.

“Yah! Minho you didn’t introduce yourself!” His manager elbowed him. Minho glared at the older man.

“I’m Minho. The talent” Minho stared into Taemin’s eyes. Taemin just smiled,

“Can I hear the song now?” Taemin went to the audio system and pressed play. Minho new song pumped through the speakers of the dance studio. Minho watched Taemin carefully. He it was a dance mix. He had fought with the SM about his single. He liked writting his own music, but it always seemed as if the stuff he wrote was pushed aside in the record. Taemin had his eyes closed as he listened. He didn’t move at all until the song was done. Taemin then turned into someone Minho had never met before, or had rarely seen.

“Turn on the song again and after that put it on half speed. Half the dancers go to my back left the rest front right, over a bit, yes. Then watch me.” Taemin started to dance. Minho hadn’t seen him dance for years. He forgot how elegant he looked dancing, even though it wasn’t ballet or anything. Minho was lost in thought until he heard Taemin calling his name.

“Minho, Minho! Come here!” Minho almost smiled at the whiny bossy tone he used to hear. But he held his composure. “You will stand here.” Taemin put his hands on Minho’s shoulders. Minho shivered. All during dance practice Minho was unfocused. At the end of the 4 hours they were all sweaty and tired. Taemin had put them through their paces. Taemin was by the mirrored walls taking a drink. Minho watched him. He hadn't really changed. Yes he was taller, his hair was different, but his eyes were the same. Minho debated whether he should go to him and say something, anything, when the door flew open.

“Oppa!” Minho looked around and saw Yuri. “Oppa, let’s go! You promised to go out to dinner with me!” Yuri pouted at him. Minho looked in the mirror to see Taemin was chatting with someone of the backup dancers.

“Sorry Yuri, Minho got a new choreographer, so we have been adjusting to his style, Minho will be ready to go out with you soon. Taemin!” Minho's manager said coming up to Yuri and Minho. Taemin looked up when he heard his name and walked to the small group.

“Yes?”

“I would like you to meet Yuri from SNSD.”

“Nice to meet you, I am the new backup dancer and choreo Lee Taemin” Minho watched at Taemin bowed slightly

“I saw you in Vogue! You are so handsome! So many of our members have wanted to meet you! Minho you should set him up with Yoona!” Taemin laughed,

“Thank you, Yuri-sshi but I am gay” Taemin said matter a factly.

“are you sure?” pouted Yuri, “you should still go out with Yoona! You never know maybe she will turn you straight!” Yuri giggled. Taemin just smiled. “I’ll bring Yoona next time I come here!”

“Do you come here a lot?” Minho felt uncomfortable about where this was heading.

“Yeah, when SNSD isn’t busy I like to stop in and watch my boyfriend’s dance practices he looks so handsome when he dances!”

“Really? I think he kind of looks like a dancing frog right now, but don’t worry Yuri, I’ll get him dancing at a higher level now” Taemin laughed with Yuri, while Minho frowned. A dancing frog. I should teach that midget a lesson.

“hmmmmm Frog isn’t the right name for him”

“Why?”

“Well frogs like water right?”

“Yeah”

“Minho hates rain and the ocean, so he can’t be a frog” Yuri reasoned.

“Oh I see,” Minho could feel Taemin’s eyes linger on him “I didn’t know that, I guess he can’t be a frog then. I have to go home, you guys have fun on your date!” Taemin smiled and bowed before grabbing his bag and walking out the door. Minho watched him leave until the door swung closed.

“Oppa! Go shower so we can leave!” Yuri pushed him into the locker room.

All during dinner Yuri talked about his comeback and SNSD. Minho nodded as he listlessly as Yuri talked.

“Minho oppa, you are so lucky to have Taemin-sshi as your new dance instructor! Us girls googled him after the Vogue article,” Minho straightened up listening more closely.

“What did you find?”

“Not much” Yuri said sadly. “Oppa! Learn more about him and tell me!”

“Why? Why are you so interested in him?” Minho asked, frowning a bit

“Don’t worry oppa I don’t like him, anyways he is gay, but he is so cute and mysterious! Plus I have a feeling he is going to be super famous someday. I wonder what his favorite food is,” Yuri looked down at her plate

“Steak” Minho said absentmindedly.

“Whaaaa! Really? Oppa you should become best friends with Taemin!! How do you know that>?”

“Uh,” Minho hadn’t realized he had said that out loud, “he mentioned it before practice” Yuri made an ‘oh’ face before eating some more. Minho mentally hit himself. He couldn't do that again, slip up.