Chapter 17

A Drought Of Time

Chapter Seventeen

Taemin got up in the morning and had a headache the size of Key’s closet. Slowly he walked to the door and unlocked it. Stepping out into the hall he saw three figured strewn across the floor. Key was leaning against Jonghyun who had a blanket over them, but it looked as if Key had stolen it in the night. Onew had brought his chicken leg pillow with him and was hugging it while sleeping. Taemin wanted to cry again. He focused so much on his love life, he didn’t focus enough of how he had the best friends anyone would want. Taemin lay next to Key and stuggled into the blanket with him. Taemin woke up to Key his hair.

“Umma?”

“mmmmmm?”

“I saw Kai.” Key frowned

“Why is he in Korea?”

“I don’t know…Umma?”

“mmmmm?”

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“Being you.” Taemin hugged Key.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing big,” Key stared at him for a long time.

“Tell me when you are ready. Come down and I’ll make you breakfast.”

“I’m not hungry, I think I’m going to just go to the dance studio.” Taemin got up and stretched.

“I’ll pack you a breakfast and lunch bag to go. YAH DINO GET UP SO YOU CAN DRIVE MY BABY TO WORK” Key bent down and shook Jonghyun who muttered something and pulled Key down. “Let go of me you Dino! Ah! You are ruining my hair! Let go!” Taemin laughed and went to grab his bag from his room. When he got down stairs a ruffled Key gave him two huge bags of food and instructed him to send a picture of the empty containers of proof he had eaten it. He also reminded that throwing away Umma’s cooking was a cardnial sin in this house. Taemin and laughed and gave Key a huge hug before following Jonghyun out to the car.

“Sorry you had to sleep outside in the hall” Jonghyun smiled,

“I wanted to, we all care about you kid. Let us in sometimes, we won’t bite.” He ruffled Taemin hair. Taemin stepped from the car and smiled at him,

“Okay Hyung, I’ll see you later mmm?”

Taemin walked into SM and went straight to his dance studio. He pulled out his laptop and started working. He had so many ideas for choreography that he downloaded a program which we could visually write them down in formations. It took a long time but then he knew he wouldn’t lose the idea. When he did this work in the dance studio he could dance it out and see if all the movements were right.  He didn’t know how long he had been working before he felt someone’s breathe on the back of his neck.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Taemin screamed and whirled around. He saw Changmin jump as well, surprised by Taemin’s reaction.

“You scared me!”

“That’s my line!” Gasped a shocked Changmin.

“I told you not to be a creep” Jae said between his fits of laughter. Taemn looked around and saw the DBSK boys walking around the studio.

“So this is your studio? Not bad for a rookie Choreographer, or is this Minho’s studio?” Yunho asked looking around

“Not sure whose exactly it is, but I covet it. Are you guys hungry?” Taemin pulled out the bags of food Key had made and started to lay them out.

“Food!” Changmin ran over to look at the assorted dishes. “Junsu, Micky, Jae! Come over there is good food here!”

“You just ate!” Micky accused,

“What are you doing?” Yunho asked as he sat down next to Taemin.

“It’s a program that can record the different choreography that I think of…” Taemin watched Changmin eat.

“Can I see?” Taemin snapped back his conversation with Yunho, and nodded. He handed over his laptop.

“Just press that button to play and that one to move onto the next dance sequence.” Taemin pointed at the buttons.

“Taemin come over and eat! It is delicious! Leave Yunho and come over here!” Taemin laughed and walked near the other three.

“Thanks, but I’ve already eaten, Key packed a lot of food! You can even notice some of it is gone.” Taemin sat down near Junsu, but regreted it. The smell of the food overwhelmed him. Taemin touched his mouth to make sure he wasn’t drooling. He just sat there watching them devour the food. 

“Taemin,” Yunho had walked over after a few minutes, “these are amazing!” Taemin blushed.

“Thanks, but they all need a lot of work still…”

“I want you to help choreograph our upcoming single.” Taemin looked over at the clatter behind him. All of the other members had their mouths hanging oopen, Changmin had actually stopped eating.

“Yunho you don’t let anyone touch your choreography….” Junsu said, almost making sure his leader was sane.

“You guys didn’t see these” Yunho pointed at Taemin’s laptop. “If we can perfect what is in this” he tapped Taemin’s head “it will be amazing. I’m going to talk to our manager, but would you be up for it?” Taemin could just nod. “good. Yah! We came here to dance not eat!” Taemin saw the empty containers and quick took a picture of it to send to Key.

“What are you doing?” Jae was looking over his shoulder. Taemin jumped.

“Showing how much you guys enjoyed his cooking” Taemin smiled nervously.

“Taemin come dance with us! Show us your moves” yelled Micky from the other side of the dance studio. The rest of the day, Taemin and DBSK just dance. Taemin couldn’t remember the last time he had laughed or smiled this much. It felt nice being with people would appreciated him and liked him other than his friends.

 

Author's Note: Happy HOlidays!