Chapter 30

A Drought Of Time

Author's Note: So bittersweet updating this right now. Go to the bottom when you are done, I added a extra chapter link down there.

Taemin rolled his suitcase into the airport. He had made Key promise to send his clothes and not new fabulous clothes in the mail to him after he moved into his apartment. He didn’t want Onew, Key, and Jonghyun to see him off. It would seem too much like a goodbye, and it wasn’t. All the same Jonghyun gave him pepper spray, the night before, just in case. Key had sobbed and with an iron grasp fell asleep with Taemin on the bed. Onew had even offered Taemin a piece of chicken. His friends cared so much for him and he cared for them too that it was painful to leave again. This time he had all three of them promise to come and visit. That got the response,

“Oh course we will visit? Who else will make sure you have enough clothes?!” as Key sniffed into a handkerchief. He hadn’t seen Minho before he left. It felt right just going, and leaving this whole mess in Korea. He was going to his dream job. He needed to be positive. Taemin grabbed his ticket and sat down to wait for his plane to board. He knew he was going to come back to Korea. This was his home; he stared and watched the people walk by. He wondered what their stories were. Was the woman flying somewhere to escape a horrible boyfriend or to go meet the love of her life in Paris? Was the child and father going to meet their mother would was coming back from a long business trip? Was that man standing in door way waiting to meet someone or escape a deadly assassin? Taemin laughed.

“What’s so funny?” A voice from behind him asked.

“I was wondering if that man over there was trying to be killed by an assassin” Taemin said still laughing. Abruptly he turned around and looking into those familiar eyes. “What are you doing here?” he breathed.

“I’m going to America.” Minho showed the younger boy a ticket in his hand.

“Why?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“I don’t want you there.”

“I don’t care?” Taemin looked at Minho hard. “I am going to follow you to New York. I am going to stay there, even if you hate it. I am not going to lose you again. I don’t care if you hate me. I am going to love you until you forgive me. I am going to be there every time it rains, every time you have a dance performance, every time you wake up.” Minho stared at Taemin the whole time he was speaking.

“Where are you going to stay?

"Outside your building sleeping in the cold by the door of your apartment.” Taemin gaped at Minho’s rash and blunt statement.

“You are going to be a bum?”

“Will you love a bum?”

“Definitely not.”

“Then I won’t be a bum.”

“What will you be?”

“Yours.”

“You’re stupid.”

“I know.” Taemin tried his best to glare at this annoying frog.

“You didn’t come, when it was raining you didn’t come.”

“You were standing in the park by the swings. Your left shoe was untied. You were wearing jeans and a pink t-shirt. You walked and lay in the grass by the picnic table and let the rain fall on you.” Taemin gasped.

“Why didn’t you come out? I called your name!” Taemin asked angrily.

“I couldn’t, it wasn’t right yet.” Taemin gazed at him, Minho took his hand out of his pocket and Taemin saw his couple ring was gone. “I had to do some things first to make this start out right.”

“Start what? There isn’t anything to start.”

“Says you.”

“Yes, says me.” Taemin stomped his foot on the ground. Minho laughed

“Your cute when you pout, remember that time…”

“Banana milk, yeah I remember. You better go refund that ticket soon or you will be out some money”

“Why? I’m getting on the plane with you.”

“No you aren’t”

“Yes I am.”

“What about your career Minho?” Minho smiled and gazed at the sky,

“I always wanted to be a football couch or PE teacher.”

“MINHO!”

“I’m serious.”

[Flight 184 now boarding] was announced over the PA system.

“Goodbye Minho” Taemin started walking towards the boarding gate.

“Hello Taemin” Minho had caught up to him. “Look we are sitting next to each on the plane, who would have guessed?” Minho said looking at Taemin’s ticket.

“How did you even know I was here?”

“Key.”

“That traitor.”

“I know.” Minho said cheerily. Taemn sighed and walked faster to the boarding gate with Minho right behind him.

“Stupid frog,” Taemin said quietly as he watched Minho get his ticket scanned and running after Taemin.

“I’m Your stupid frog” Minho said grinning at Taemin

“Whatever. You’re not sleeping outside my building. I don’t want people thinking I live near bums.”

“Whatever you say Taemin.”

“Hurry up we need to get to our seats.” Taemin grabbed Minho’s hand and pulled him onto plane. Minho looked back at Korea and smiled and then looked down at Taemin’s hand entwined with his.

“I love you” Taemin stopped suddenly and looked at Minho.

“I don’t believe you.”

“I know.”

“Sit down.” Taemin demanded. Minho sat looking at Taemin who was sitting next to him.

[please fasten your seat belts and turn off all electronical devices]

“Taemin, we are going to America” Minho whispered excitedly.

“No .” Taemin looked over at Minho, before softening just a tiny bit looking at the guy beside him, “Yes Minho, we are going to America.” Minho smiled and took out his wallet and grabbed a piece of paper from it. Taemin was getting comfortable in his seat. Minho handed Taemin the piece of paper. “What is this?” Minho watched as Taemin looked down on at the ragged picture that had been taped up. All eight pieces were secure, and showed a picture of two little boys ready to go to their first ballet. Minho saw Taemin turn his head and looked at him, and he saw tears in the dancer’s eyes. “Stupid. Frog.”

“I know” Taemin leaned his head against Minho’s shoulder. As the plane start to leave the ground he felt a small hand slip into his own. Minho smiled and closed his eyes.

Author’s Note:

I can’t believe that this is done. From the beginning “Rain Drops Falling” to the end of now “A Drought of Time” I can’t believe that it is done. It is both satisfying and sad. Taemin, Minho, and Kai have been a part of my brain for so long, I don’t know what it’ll be like without them. Need me to explain myself a little?

This Sequel could have gone in a lot of directions, following them in their separate lives, a what if story line of their decisions, Taemin could have stayed with Kai and meet Minho, Minho could have already been married and met Taemin again, etc. You get the point. I did what felt right, or what popped into my head. I learn a lot by writing this and from all my wonderful subscribers/commentors; I am a sad angst writer. I feel most comfortable writing those heart wrenching moments.  

I left Kai’s part hanging a little because I don’t know how he will move forward. I suggested that Myungsoo is coming to Korea and I see him and Kai working for SM or some dance company. I hope that Kai will be happy whatever happens to him. Hahaha

It blows my mind some of you like my writing like I like some of my subscribed authors. I tried to be considerate and not do cliff hangers and to update at least once a week. I hope I didn’t disappoint! I am so appreciative to all of my subscribers who have followed Taemin, Minho and Kai through this journey. So Thank You!

 I feel if I tried to write another 2min right now, their characters would be too close to this storyline. If i ever do (which I most likely will) another 2min story I will post a link in a new chapter on this story. But again thing you so much for reading and enjoying my writing!

 

Extra Chapter () for this story: Manipulator