Chapter 13

A Drought Of Time

Chapter Thirteen

Author's Note: I drop the F- bomb and alludes to guy x guy, I don't mark the chapter M unless it is explicit, but there's a warning [: Have you been wondering what happened between Kai and Taemin? Here is your first sneak peek. More details about IT will come in later chapters! PS. MY FINALS ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice I'm happy? hahaha So happy that I am updating [:

Kai walked into SM entertainment. He didn’t want to leave a message for Taemin, he wanted to see him. How would he know that Taemin got his message? When they were at Juilliard Kai would have Taemin text him when he got home and back from classes; he was so worried if Taemin would get hurt. He realized why Minho had wanted to protect Taemin. Kai walked up to the front desk.

“Hello, I’m here to meet with Lee Taemin.” Kai said confidently. The receptionist looked at him skeptically.

“What are you here to talk to Lee Taemin about?” Kai thought fast, the only reason he was here would be for his dancing.

“He is looking for another back up dancer, and I have an interview with him.”

“I don’t have you down as a guest here. Let me call up.” Kai panicked. If she called up and Taemin heard he would flee.

“I have to go meet him right away in the dance studio. I am late and I don’t have much time for the audition. Is it okay this one time if I go up?” Kai used aegyo. The secretary looked at him for a while.

“Practice room 2b”

“Thank you!!!” Kai rushed to the stairs and ran up them. He heard music coming from 2b and looked it. Taemin was dancing. All at once he starting thinking this wasn’t a good idea. He shouldn’t be here. He should’ve left a message and left. Kai looked closer at Taemin, now that he was standing and not sitting on the floor. Taemin was gaunt, thinner than before, his dance movements were just as sharp and precise, but his physicality was off. Kai stepped into the studio. He felt right away Taemin’s eyes on him, but he never stopped dancing. He danced through the whole song before turning to look at Kai. Kai was transfixed. He knew Taemin’s dancing did this to him, it was hypnotizing. It made him angry.  

“What are you doing here?” Taemin breathed out softly. “I told you to leave a message at the front desk.”

“I wanted to talk to you, face to face”

“I’m at work right now Kai, some other time.” Taemin turned back. Kai caught his wrist.

“Taemin lets grab dinner. I’ll wait,”

“I have already eaten.”

“Are you sure?”

“Wouldn’t I know if I had eaten or not?” Taemin snapped.

“Taemin…”

“Leave. My client will be coming soon.” Taemin looked at Kai. “Please Leave” Kai walked over to Taemin and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Taemin please, we need to talk.”

“Don’t touch me.” Taemin tried to jerk away from Kai, but Kai held firm.

“You heard him. Don’t touch him.” Kai turned around and saw Minho standing in the door way, fists balled. There was a girl next to him trying to hold him back.

“Sorry Minho, Yuri, he was going to be leaving now” Taemin again tried to move out of Kai’s grip, but Kai seeing Minho made him hold tighter.

“Who is this Taemin?” the girl, who Taemin had called Yuri, asked curiously.

“Someone I knew from school.” Taemin replied

“High school or college?” Kai felt Taemin tense.

“Both. We both went to the same high school and Juilliard.”

“ohhhhhhhhhhhh! He must be good at dancing too!” Yuri smiled at Kai. “How well do you know our Taemin?” Yuri asked him. Kai could feel the tension of Minho and Taemin in the air.

“Alright, we were in the same class at college. I wanted him to go to eat with me to catch up.” Kai said after second.

“Taemin you should go! We would understand if you wanted to cancel practice to talk to your old friend” Yuri said to Taemin. “You must be starving anyways; you never eat before dance practice.”

“Yuri aren’t you late for your dance practice?” Minho interrupted.

“Ah! You’re right! Nice to meet you Kai!” Yuri went over kissed Minho before running out the studio. Kai looked from Taemin to Minho.

“Really? Really Taemin?” Kai looked at the slender boy

“What? I’m a choreographer.”

“Is this why you came back to Korea?”

“No. You know why Kai.” He could hear the venom in Taemin’s voice. Kai looked over at Minho who was studying Kai carefully.

“What do you want?” snapped Kai “I see you are still playing pretend, playing nice with girls. Do they know you have a too?”

“Kai stop” Taemin’s voice floated towards him. He felt a hand on his shoulder. ”For once he did nothing, be angry at me” Taemin sunk his head down. “It’s my fault, it’s always my fault, right Kai?” That stabbed Kai in the heart.

“Taemin…”

“Say it”

“No”

“You want to say it” Kai shuddered. He did want to say it.

“I won’t”

“I guess I’ll have to say it for you then,” Taemin was looking at him

“Don’t”

“It is your fault. It’s always your fault. You are the reason you make me unhappy. I can’t stand looking at you anymore.” Taemin said with no emotion, his gazed always on Kai.

“You’re cruel” Those words burned him, hit him over the head. Taemin laughed, almost cruelly

“I’m cruel? Who said that to me Kai? I am what you tell me I am, remember?” Taemin started walking towards him.

“Stop Taemin” Minho held his arm out. “Your words hurt, even if they aren’t yours.” Minho whispered. Taemin him.

“Not like you care. Not like either of you care. Taemin a toy to play with. Let’s throw him away and see who can hurt him the most before picking someone else. Screw you. Screw you both.” Taemin had tears streaming down his face. For some reason Kai thought it might be tears of anger.

“Taemin you don’t know the whole story” Kai carefully stepped towards the crying boy

“So you didn’t Myungsoo, while we were still dating? Tell me that and I’ll believe you” Taemin said. Kai looked at Taemin and knew that he knew Kai wouldn’t say that.”

“I did, but”

“We have nothing to talk about.” Minho approached him,

“You should leave, come back tomorrow.”

“No Minho, he won’t come back tomorrow.” Taemin burst out. “Go back to America Kai.” Minho pushed him to the door.

“We’re here almost every day. You should have known better, he needs time.” Minho shut the door.