Seven

When The Raven Sings

Hey again! So, this went fast, for once... Just wanna say, if you're confused about "the files" you can check out chapter 5 :)

 

 

Junghee flung her eyes open and sat up choking on a scream. She glared at the alarm clock which was, somehow, lying on the bed beside her pillow. She looked around the room. Where was he!? She got up and angrily stomped over to the bathroom and yanked the door open. It was empty. Junghee narrowed her eyes at no one. At least one thing he had done right, staying out of her sight. Junghee closed the door and tried to push her angry thoughts away. She puffed her cheeks and slowly blew the air out of her lungs. Maybe she would just sing something since she was finally alone.

 

 

He was not afraid, he just didn't want Junghee's angry face to be the first thing he saw in the morning. He had always been an early bird and waking up just a bit earlier than usual this morning, and probably every following morning for the rest of this year, wasn't a problem.

Oh, youäre early, Kibum,” the teacher said surprised as she spotted Key standing huddled by tge classroom door. Key put on a smile.

i wouldnät want to be late for my favourite class,” he said with a wink even though he barely knew what lesson he was just about to attend. The young teacher tried to hide her blushing face as she fumbled to unlock the door. Very inappropriate, to fall for the charms of a student, Key thought with a smug smirk. But still, it was just natural for a female to feel attracted to him... He followed the teacher inside and sat down by a desk in the far back and started scribbling in his notebook while his classmates slowly entered one by one. The teacher started her lesson only to e interrupted by a knock on the door a few moments later. Without waiting for response the door opened and the person on the other side stpped inside the room.

Principal Jang,” the teacher said with a bow. All the students simultaneously stood up, bowed and said good morning to the principal, a stern looking woman in her late fifties or early sixties. She looked at the class.

Good morning,” she answered with a nod. Kim Kibum, come with me.” Key blinked a few times in shock. He had heard that phrase, several times, before from former principals and teachers, but it wasn't really meant for him this time, was it? He sat quiet in his seat for a while until the principal spoke again. “There is only one Kim kibum in this class, come to my office. Now.” She left the room in silence and everyone watched Key as he took his bag and walked towards the exit. His image! he thought in panic. This wasn't looking good, he had to do something! In the doorway he plastered a cocky grin on his face and turned to his classmates.

See ya.” He winked and was out the door.

 

 

Key nervously twisted his hands as the principal closed the door behind him. She motioned towards the visitors' chair which was placed in front of a huge mahogany desk.

Have a seat.”

I'm innocent!” Key couldn't help blurting.

I have not accused you of anything. Have a seat,” the principal repeated and then walked around the desk and sat down on the other side to watch Key slowly sit down.

N-n-nice office,” he stuttered with a vague smile.

Thank you,” the principal said without a slightest hint of emotion. “As for the accusation...”

I didn't do anything!” Key yelled and let out a squeek in a mix of frustration and panic.

Do not interrupt me.” The principal narrowed her eyes at Key and he felt himself into the sixe of a hobbit. “It has come to my knowledge that you have downloaded some inappropriate files onto your computer through the school's network...” Key stared into the principal's eyes. Which files were she referring to, exactly...?

What files...?” Key asked slowly. She couldn't mean the... naughty ones he accidentally downloaded because of Junghee?

Very inappropriate ones,” the principal said coldly. Was she a freaking hacker? How could she possibly know about this!? He groaned.

It wasn't on purpose!” Key whined in an attempt to save his own . If possible he would let someone else take the blame for this. “That was an accident and it was all because of that roommate of mine. I hate her!” Key crossed his arms over his chest with a defiant (as defiant as he dared to be towards this cold none-emotional person) look. The principal calmly looked at him for a few seconds that felt like an eternity.

That you are referring to is my daughter.” The principal kept her gaze steady and her eyes gave Key no clue to what she was feeling and he felt the hoobit-version of him shrink into a cockroach. Principal Jang. Jang. Jang Junghee. How could he be so stupid to let something like that slip out of his mouth? His life would now end... “I take it as the two of you don't get along too well.” Could have been a question, but it wasn't, she was stating facts. Key pressed out an awkward laugh and tried to wave it away.

It's nothing, just a habit. I usually call her that, in a friendly way,” he quickly added the last part when the principal raised her eyebrows slightly. He tried laughing again. “She calls me jerk all the time. I have problems with showing emotions so... that's how I refer to people I... like...” Key wanted to smash his head into the desk. Usuallly he could come up with a waterproof lie in an instant, what just happened to that talent? After a short silence principal Jang turned her attention to her desk and started organizing some papers without looking at Key.

That's a bad habit,” she stated as she placed the papers in a neat pile in a corner of the desk. “At least you have one thing in common.” Key looked surprised at the principal. Key and Junghee? What on earth could they possibly have in common? “She's not a fan of showing her feelings either.”

Except for anger.” Key couldn't stop himself and he wanted to cut out his own tongue the second he finished that sentence.

Well, she does have something against jerks,” principal Jang simply said and Key exhaled in relief. “Erase those files from your computer and do not do anything that makes me have to see your face in my office again, understood?”

Yes, principal.”

Now, get out of my office and attend class.” Key didn't need a second exhortation and hurried to the door and closed it behind him. He let out a shaky sigh and tried to compose himself as he walked back towards his class. He shook his head. Like mother, like daughter...

 

 

Say what!?”

You're going to be in deep ...”

You're doomed.”

I'm not!” Key defended himself against his friends. “I will never bow down to this.”

Dude, if you want to stay in school you better not mess with the principal's daughter,” Minho stated and Key answered with a groan.

How am I going to survive this?” he sighed.

Be nice,” Onew said simply. Key gritted hos teeth.

If she's nice to me...”

See? That's your problem.”

What? I don't have any problems!”

You have already judged her, now your impression of her will never change.”

I say: switch rooms!” Jonghyun cheered.

I just told the principal I liked her daughter.”

Say what!?” Jonghyun shouted.

As a friend!” Key yelled and tried to calm his friends down.

Pretend she's a guy,” Minho suggested. Key shook his head.

I'd probably punch her in the face when we have a dispute...”

That's probably what she will do with you soon enough,” Onew muttered under his breath. “Just try to become friends with her,” he said so that the guys could hear him and with an annoyed tone in his voice. “Geez, I met her once and we're getting along fine!”

I noticed...” Key muttered grumpily.

Why can't you?”

Well, hyung, that's 'cause she has a crush on you,” Jonghyun said and leaned back in his chair. Onew started laughing and Minho soon joined in.

Don't be ridiculous, Dino,” Minho said but Key kept quiet and looked thoughtfully at Jonghyun.

Yah! All of you, come to my dorm tonight,” hee said suddenly feeling a bit more cheerful.

Mwoh?”

Wae?”
“Right after my meeting with the music club,” Onew said. Key smirked. He was going to test Jonghyun's theory. If his hyung was right, for once, Key had the perfect plan on how to become friends with Junghee...