Ten

When The Raven Sings

Junghee groaned at the sound of the alarm and reached her hand out to turn it off but it stopped abruptly before she touched it. Junghee slowly opened her eyes an the blurry blobin front of her face.

Good morning,” Junghee's eyes widened as she heard Key's voice chirping and she finally realized that it was his face hovering over her. She tried to get her face further away from his.

You're too close,” she mumbled with sleep still in her voice. Key straightened his back and inhaled loudly with his eyes closed and arms stretched out.

Aaa,” he exhaled aloud. He looked at Junghee with crazy eyes. “ Get up! I have been preparing for over an hour.” Key walked over to his desk.

Preparing what?” Junghee asked with a yawn and almost fell asleep again. Key shook her violently.

Wake up!”

Yah!” Junghee snapped into a sitting position and fumed with sleepy anger. Key held up his hands.

Ah, ah, ah,” he said in a tone as if he was reprimanding a child, only making Junghee even angrier, but then he pointed to her night stand. “I made you breakfast.”

Breakfast?” Junghee looked at the tiny tray. A mug with black tea, half an orange and three slices of cucumber was waiting for her. She looked at Key and then turned her gaze back to the, so-called, breakfast. “Breakfast? Seriously? You call this breakfast? How am I supposed to survive until lunch with this for breakfast!?”

Don't question your diet. Remember, your new life starts today. I am your god now,” Key said and handed her the tray. Junghee glared at him. God!?

Don't exggerate now...” she began but Key held up his hands once again and she fell silent. Key cleared his throat and held up a paper in front of him.

I have made you a schedule. Or rather two. One for eating and one for exercising. I have also decided for us to go shopping on Saturday,” he announced with a bright smile.

But, I have plans...”

Reschedule, this is more important.”

You don't even know what my plans were!”

But I know what your plans are now. We are going shopping! There isn't much that can be more importandt than that,” Key stated with a firm nod. Junghee looked at him with a growing feeling that teaming up with Key to change her looks might have been a terrible mistake. Key looked down and met her eyes. “From now on you have to follow the dies I have designed for you. Breakfast. Like this one or one of the other options on the menu every morning. If you get hungry before lunch you can have half a fruit, and by fruit I don't mean a watermelon... Be careful with the lunch in the cafeteria. No carbs and two thirds of your meal has to be green. If you get hungry between luch and dinner you may have the other half of he fruit. I will help you with dinner every night and I will be the one writes your grocery lists.” Key breathed heavily in excitement and Junghee nibbled on her cucumber slices with fear. She had never seen Key this way and she hoped she never had to again if she just let him get all of this madness out in one go. She stayed silent and Key kept going. “You will start working out lightly with daily walks of a minimum of two kilometres. Additional exercise is welcomed and encouraged and you will add kilometres as well as other exerises as you improve. And last, but not least, I will choose your outfit every day.”

Now, hang on a second,” Junghee said. “Do I not have a say in this matter? Not at all? And what about chocolate?” she asked desperately. Key smirked.

If you want to succeed you have to abandon chocolate,” he said and enjoyed watching Junghee look so helpless. He was the boss now. “Your options for breakfast and dinner are attached to your schedule.” Key reached Junghee the paper he had been reading from. Junghee meekly accepted it and looked at it quietly for a long while before giving Key a dark look.

Are you trying to make my anorectic?” she asked coldly. Key shuddered and wrinkled his eyebrows.

No! What the...”

I'm going to starve to death if I follow this diet,” Junghee said and pushed the schedule back into Key's hands. He pushed it back.

Of course you won't, you'll be able to wear a size smaller,” he said encouragingly. Junghee gritted her teeth.

I'll be able to wear a straw!” Junghee demonstratively swallowed the remaining cucumber slices in one bite. Key shook his head.

Do you want my help or not?” He looked at her as seriously as possible while trying to telepathically send thoughts about Onew into Junghee's head. Maybe it worked, or maybe it didn't, but Junghee took a sipof her tea and glared sideways at Key.

Thanks for breakfast...”

 

 

Junghee lay on Joon's bed with her face buried into the pillow while Joon, Soohyun and Woohyun worriedly looked at her. Woohyun carefully poked her on the shoulder. She moved slightly.

Whaaaaat?” she rumbled into the pillow and Woohyun quickly pulled back his hand.

Are you okay?” Joon asked cautiously. The three boys flinched as Junghee suddenly rolled over to her back with her arms and legs spread out over the bed. Then she let out a whimper and put her hands on her stomach. Soohyun's eyes turned intothe size of a plate.

Omo... you're pregnant!” he blurted and rushed to her side. Woohyun and Joon panicked, there was instant chaos in the room.

Who's the father!?”
“It must be Key!”

Let's execute him!”

Junghee gained a moment of strength.

Yah!” She yelled and glared at her friends who stared back at her with wide eyes. “Of course I'm not pregnant!”

Then, what is it?” Joon asked. Junghee moaned.

I'm hungry.” The boys almost collapsed at this statement.

Then why don't you eat man!?” Joon spouted. Junghee a long moment before telling her friends that she had made a deal with Key. The room oozed with fury when she finished them what the fuzz was all about.

What kind of deal is that!?” Joon cried out in desperate anger. Soohyun fell on with Joon's angry tone.

It's not even a deal. What are you getting out of it?”

A healthier lifestyle?” Junghee hadn't quite told the guys how strict her new diet was and how Key, probably, was going to drill her into shape. Woohyun slumped down on a chair and crossed his arms over his chest.

He's just using you. Nothing good will come out of this. You're just a brick in his plan to maintain his reputation and clean his records with the principal.” He closed his eyes and made a disgusted face. “I hate that guy...” he muttered, probably mostly to himself. Junghee puffed her cheeks and braced herself for the next wave.

And there's one more thing,” she said in a weak voice.” Her friends looked at her in anticipation and a touch of despair. “Key is also the best friend of... my... well, love interest...”

Pfft, love interest!?”

Who!?”

You never fall in love. You don't fall in love!”

I'm not in love... I just think Onew oppa is nice, and good looking, and...”

OPPA!?!?”