Eleven

When The Raven Sings

Junghee dragged her feet as she entered her dorm room and collapsed as soon as she crossed the threshold. Key poked his head out of the kitchen and looked at her. He smirked with content.

“I can see that you have been following my schedule,” he stated. An inaudible sound escaped Junghee. “Sorry, what was that?”

“Chocolate,” Junghee groaned louder. She hadn't eaten for ages and her body was screaming for a quick energy boost. This was the worst day of her life. She was hungry to the brink of death and crankier than a cat forced into a bathtub. Key tssked at her and quickly returned into the kitchen for a second.

“There will be no chocolate for you, but I can offer you this.” Junghee looked up as Key crouched down next to her. He held one hand stretched out towards her and she glanced at what he was holding. She felt her eyes tear up and she bit her lip.

“Half an apple?” she whimpered.

“There is no need to be so touched,” Key mumbled a bit embarrassed while Junghee grabbed the fruit and sat up.

“I'm not touched, I'm dying,” she said in a broken voice and carefully bit down on the apple. Junghee closed her eyes and chewed slowly, enjoying every second of the sweet taste. Key cocked his head to one side with a small smile playing on his lips as he studied Junghee for a moment.

“Do you like it?” he asked softly. Junghee slowly opened her eyes and looked straight into Key's with a serious stare.

“I love it,” she breathed. There was a moment of silence before Key clapped his hand and straightened himself from his crouching position.

“Great!” he blurted, a it too loud. “Now let's use that extra energy. It is time for your daily two kilometres.”

“Extra energy? This is barely going to give me enough energy to go to my bed,” Junghee whined and longingly looked towards her side of the dorm room. Key ignored her.

“I thought we'd take this opportunity to go to the store as well. I've written the grocery list. Let's go!” Key said bombabstically. Junghee sighed. She reached her hand out into the air.

“Help me.” Key skeptically looked at her hand.

“Mwoh?”

“Pull me to my feet,” Junghee said and ushered him by slightly waving her hand.

“No way.” Key crossed his arms over his chest.

“Then I'm out, no more deal.” Junghee let her arm drop to her side.

“Arasso, arasso.” Key took Junghee's hand and vigorously yanked Junghee to her feet. He kept his grip of her hand and inspected her finger nails. “We should really do something about this while we're at it...” Junghee hastily retreated her hand.

“One thing at a time... Now let's go.”

 

 

“Key, we would have been at the store fifteen minutes ago if we had just gone my route.” Junghee was tired, outu of breath and sweating like a pig and she was not up to grocery shopping at all. Key was skipping a few steps ahead of her as if he was on his way to an amusement park. He turned his head andlooked at Junghee wondering if she would survive all the way to the shop.

Cheer up! We'll take the short way home. That way you will have walked about... 2317 metres, that's perfect!” Key chirped and laughed out loud. At this rate Junghee would drop several sizes in no time, she would transform into a super model, get Onew hyung begging on his knees and Key would be safe for the rest of his years at university. Key smacked his lips in content. He was just too genious. Junghee, on the other hand, growled quietly behind him. Perfect? Nothing about the situation was perfect. It was torture! They took a left turn and found themselves entering the parking lot of the grocery store. Key spread his arms in a grande gesture. “Welcome!” he announced happily. “To th-”

“Yeah, yeah, let's just get this overwith and go home.” Junghee brushed past him abd made her way inside. Key pouted, in disappointment for not being allowed to hold his motivational speech, and trudged after her.

“She should be greatful,” he muttered as he grabbed a shopping cart and entered the store. Junghee was waiting for him inside of the doors.

“So, what are we getting?”

 

 

Key was in charge of the groceries and Jugnhee was responsible for the shopping cart, a.k.a. Just following Keyaround while he loaded it full of things Junghee would never have bought herself. She watched Key throw in various vegetables she didn't evenknow the name of, fruit, eggs, meat. The lack of chocolate was palpble but when Junghee tried to sneak a bar into the cart Key was there to yell at her in less than a second and Junghee tried to hide from all the strangelooks from the people around them.

“Arasso, I'm sorry, can we please hurry up and leave?” Junghee whispered with her head bowed down in embarrasment. Key snorted at her as if she was just a troublesome younger sister.

“This will be enough for a few days,” he said and then pointed his finger warningly at Junghee. “But I don't want to see this attitude again.” Junghee just nodded and her head and steered her steps towards the check-out. Key looked after her. He shook his head and followed her. She really had to do something about her posture.

 

 

“I have to sit down,” Junghee breathed as soon as they got inside the dorm. Key was about to tell her to unpack the groceries while he started with dinner but swallowed the nasty comments down and carried the bags to the kitchen.

“Rest for a moment while I prepare dinner,” he said softly as he placed the bags on the kitchen counter. Junghee looked at him with tired and yet suspicious eyes.

“You're being nice?” she asked. Key shrugged and opened the fridge. Junghee stood up. “I don't like it.” She strode over to him and took one of the bags.

“What are you doing? I thought you were tired,” Key said with a frown.

“I am, really. I have never felt this exhausted in my entire life, but you're acting strange...” Junghee gave him another suspicious glance.

“I was being nice,” Key stated.

“Exactly.” Junghee put a few apples in a bowl. Key took a deep breath and squeezed the poor cucumber he was holding. No fighting, noo fighting, no fighting, he thought to himself and tried to shake off Junghee's comment. “You should try and make a habit out of it,” Junghee added. Key slammed the cucumber into the sink, spun around and inhaled, ready to spit out a harangue of mean retort. Junghee was facing him with a small smile playing on her lips. “I'll try to be nicer too.” Key choked on his anger and started coughing violently. What was that? What did she say? Key dunked himself in the chest in an attempt to stop the coughing. Junghee hid a chuckle. “I'll go and lay the table,” she said and left Key in the kitchen. He stared at the spot where she had been standing. Did this mean... he was on his way to succeed?