Six

When The Raven Sings

Okayyyyy, so, eh, SURPRISE!!! I updated this story for the first time in forever *hums on the tune from Frozen*
It's a short one but hopefully I won't take too long until the next chapter ;)
Short recap of what has happened so far for you who don't have the time (energy) to read the previous chapters

Key and Junghee are sharing a room at college even though it is supposed to be gender separated rooms. Key has his SHINee-crew who are all players (and jerks) and Key is the biggest one. Junghee keeps getting angry at her douche roommate and hates every day of her life right now. Let's all hope their future is brighter than their present...

Thanks for reading / Tinkerbell :)  ~~<3

 

"So, Junghee, what are you studying?” Onew asked. Key looked at Junghee as she was laughing and talking with Onew. What had happened to his roommate? It was as if she had transformed from an aggressive killing machine into... a girl!

Can you believe this!?” he whispered to Minho and Jonghyun who were playing the game which they had finally managed to download.

I can't believe you got killed, again,” Jonghyun muttered as he fought to keep his own character alive. Key looked back at the screen where his part had turned dark. He slumped his shoulders and glared at Junghee.

She ruins everything...”

I'm starving, do you have anything in here?” Onew walked inte the little kitchen.

No,” Key said grumpily and noticed Junghee's glare.

Key... can you come here for a sec...?” Onew said and Key stood up with a sigh. He trudged over to his hyung and stood next to him.

What?” he asked irritably. Onew pointed at the empty cookie jar in the sink.

What is this?” he asked. Key shrugged.

A box?” Key said and Onew narrowed his eyes while leaning closer.

Isn't this the jar that your mother gave you when you moved in here?” he asked in a low voice. Key avoided his gaze.

Maybe...?”

I can't believe it. You're a despicable person sometimes, Kibum,” Onew hissed.

You told me to touch her heart and I did it, with cookies!” Key screamed in a whisper.

She told me you wrote that you had made them yourself!”

She told you?” Key asked incredulously. “Why would she tell you?”

I called you a jerk and she defended you, using that as an example of your... 'badboy-kindness',” Onew said and raised an eyebrow. Key made big eyes. She did it again?

She defended me? She just yelled – wait, you called me a what?” Key changed the subject.

A jerk, and you obviously deserve worse than that.”

Don't exaggerate,” Key said and tried to wave Onew's irritation away. “It's not like she is going to find out anyway.”

Who's not going to find out what?” Jonghyun suddenly interrupted their hushed conversation, and he did it loudly to be added. Key looked over his shoulder and saw Junghee looking ther way. Onew put a hand on his shoulder and Key rapidly looked at his hyung. Onew sighed.

You may be wrong this time.”

 

 

junghee looked towards the kitchen. It was so crowded, the three guys didn't even fit in there, and she really wanted a sandwich... She glanced at Onew who looked at Key with an annoyed expression, yet another reason to like him. She stood up and walked over to the boys. Key spun around and looked at her.

What are you doing here?” he asked quickly. Junghee gave him a weird look.

I wanted something to eat...”

Uh, okay...” Key looked a bit more relaxed but still gave her a suspicious look. “So, you didn't hear... anything?”

No, and I'm pretty sure I didnät want to hear either, am I right?” she said and gave the pantry a longning look.

Well, no...” ey sighed in relief and let Junghee pass. She opened the pantry and rummaged through it in search of something to eat. Key glanced at her as she leaned forward.

Watch your weight,” he mumbled.

Watch your face,” Junghee grunted back at him, still with her head inside the cupboard. Onew hit Key on the shoulder with an angry look.

I think what Key meant to say was: 'bon appétit',” Onew said while glaring at Key who gently rubbed his sore shoulder while slightly shaking his head, almost earning another punch from his hyung. Junghee stood up and gave Key an angry stare.

I'm getting a sandwich, not a sugarbomb,” she said coldly and closed the cupboard.

Maybe it's not what you eat but how much you eat,” Key said.

Maybe it's not how much you talk but how much of what you say is bull!” Junghee snapped back.

It's not bull!” Key defended himself.

Well, it's none of your business what I do and do not eat so could you just for once be quiet?”

You just want to have a fight, don't you?” Key asked angrily. No one called his words bull and everything was his business! Junghee sighed and rolled her eyes.

I just want you to leave me alone, why do my looks mean so damn much to you?” She asked and put a hand on her hip.

They don't mean anything to me!” Key yelled in a high pitched voice. Junghee certainly didn't mean anything but trouble to him.

Then why are we even having this conversation!?”

I-I... I just want what's good for you!” Key blurted without thinking.

 

 

Onew, Jonghyun and Minho looked at the two roommates as their discussion grew more and more aggressive.

He's going to get his kicked,” Jonghyun stated.

Both verbally and physically,” Minho nodded.

Maybe that would teach him something,” Onew said with a shrug. Jonghyun and Minho looked at their hyung who kept watching the fight with an amused smile. “He will learn a lot this year...”

 

 

Since when do you care about what’s 'good' for me!? You 're just a bully!” Junghee yelled raising her voice a bit for each question or statement.
“I don’t
care, I’m just saying! And I don’t bully people!”
”Well, stop ‘saying’! And you
do bully people! Just because they aren’t as popular as you doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings!” Junghee gave Key a harsh push and stomped past him and walked over to her bed. She shoved her earplugs in her ears and angrily plopped down on the bed. Key stared fuming at her. Onew walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

Don't. Even. Say anything...” Key said in a strained voice. Onew sighed.

I'm out of here, see you tomorrow. Come on guys, time to leave the war zone...” Onew motioned for Jonghyun and Minho to follow him out. “Goodnight Junghee!” Onew smiled at her over his shoulder and Key gawked as he saw his room mate return the smile, and wave, what did that guy do to her!?