Thirteen

When The Raven Sings

Junghee looked at the numbers on the scale. She stepped off it and looked at herself in the mirror. Only three weeks had passed. Junghee gently touched her face. There was a notable difference. The numbers on the scale revealed the success Key had achieved with his project. Junghee was feeling better now compared to when they started this circus. She had gotten used to feeling hungry, or maybe she just wasn't as hungry anymore, she couldn't be so sure. She was not as tired as she was to begin with, even though the strolls were longer now and Key was pushing the tempo. This weekend would be her first jog. Her skin was cleaner. Her clothes looser. Her face smaller.

“I guess that's what three kilos a week does...” she mumbled. She had changed.

 

 

One thing that hadn't changed though were the rumours circling around campus. No matter how much her friends tried to protect her the news always reahed her, one way or the other. She knew none of them were true. She wasn't sleeping with Key, nor any of his friends. She wasn't sleeping with any of her friends. And she sure hadn't slept with the principal to get to share a room with Key... Still they hurt, a little bit.

 

 

Another thing that had changed, or maybe not changed but certainly developed in some way, were her feelings. For Onew. There was no doubt anymore. She blushed whenever he spoke to her and her heart fluttered as she saw him in the hallways, or worse, in the dorm. Junghee couldn't tell if she was happy or not to, for the first time, feel like she was really falling in love. Those feelings would probably not help her, in any way, whatsoever.