One

When The Raven Sings

 

“I can’t believe we’re all going to the same college,” Key said as he stared at the acceptance letter.

“I can’t believe the peace is over,” Onew said grimly.

“Yeah, it’s going to be like high school all over again,” Jonghyun agreed. Minho rolled his eyes.

“It’s not like you have changed a bit since then anyway.”

“I can’t believe I’m the only one left behind,” Taemin whined. Key patted his shoulder.

“It’s okay, Taeminnie, it’s only two years left,” he mocked the maknae of the group.

“Yah! Shiggeureo!”

“Yah!” Key slapped his dongsaeng on the back of his head. “Don’t use that tone when you’re talking to me.”

“Knock it off!” Onew blurted and the two boys immediately quieted down. “Just open your information letters already.” Key and Minho carefully opened their envelops, skim through the papers to get to the most important, the roommate. Minho made wide eyes.

“Omo, I’m rooming with Lee Joon.” His eyes glistened with happiness. “He could help me get on the soccer team, don’t you think?”

“I don’t think you need his help, but yeah…” Taemin said grumpily.

“What do you know? Grumpy…” Key muttered.

“He’s like, my idol!” Minho squealed happily and hugged the letter against his chest. The four other guys looked strangely at him, it wasn’t like Minho to act like this. Jonghyun huffed.

“That’s what I thought when I roomed with Soohyun last year, but in the end I didn’t like him,” he said and dissatisfied crossed his arms across his chest with a pout.

“And I guess he didn’t like you…” Onew said.

“Nonsense, everybody likes me,” Jonghyun said. Onew and Minho exchanged a glance before turning to Key.

“Who is your roommate?” Onew asked him but Key just shook his head with a shrug.

“I don’t know, some Junghee. Jang Junghee…?” he said and looked questioningly at the others, but they all looked as clueless as he felt.

“Wait… Jang Junghee?” Jonghyun asked and Key nodded.

“Do you know him?”

“Not him, but her…” Jonghyun said slowly.

“Mwoh!?” The other guys threw themselves over Key’s paper. “A girl!?”

“I thought it was only men’s dorm,” Minho said.

“Oooh, this is going to be great!” Onew cheered.

“Are you going to nail her?” Taemin asked.

“Don’t talk about a lady like that,” Key snapped and gave Taemin another slap across the head. “But, yeah, I probably am. No one is able to resist my charm,” he added confidently. Jonghyun snickered.

“I wouldn’t exactly call her a lady... I wouldn’t get too worked up about this if I were you,” he said and the others looked at him.

“Wae?”

“What do you mean?”

“This girl and I had some classes when I went to high school and, believe it or not, I have not tried anything with her.”

“Mwoh!?”

“How is that possible!?”

“You’ll know it when you meet her.”

 

 

“What did you say?”

“I am not letting you sleep in the same room as a boy!”

“That’s not even the worst part. How can we let you sleep in the same room as Kim Kibum!?”

“What are you going to do about it? Write to the principal?” Junghee asked. Soohyun, Joon and Woohyun glanced at each other. “Didn’t think so.”

“Just wait ‘til I tell the guys. Eli is gonna flip…” Joon said and pulled his hands through his hair.

“Don’t let him… touch you,” Woohyun said. “If he does anything I’ll make YaDong chase him to-“

“Guys, I get it! I don’t see why you’re so worried, I’ll be fine.” Junghee said and the boys glanced at each other again. Junghee sighed. “I’ll be able to talk him out of me.” The boys gasped panicking at her words.

“Don’t use that word,” Soohyun hissed and looked around worriedly. “You’re lucky Eli isn’t here to hear you…”

“That guy would never try anything with me, I’m not his type. After six years at the same school, I know his standards, trust me.” Junghee threw her backpack over her shoulder. “See you at school.”

 

 

Junghee unlocked the door to her new home and pushed it open. She struggled with the heavy bags but finally made it over the threshold.

“I’ve been expecting you.” A lamp lit up inside the room and Junghee turned around to see her roommate, Kim Kibum, sat stiffly on the chair by his desk. “Jang Junghee,” he said slowly and with a polite nod.

“Kim Kibum,” she replied and nodded to him before using all her strength to put her bag on her bed.

“You can call me ‘Key’,” he said. She glanced at him.

“Yeah… You can call me Junghee…” she said and started unpacking her things while turning her back to Key who confused was left sitting awkwardly in his uncomfortable chair. Was she trying to make a joke? Whatever, he decided to let her take her time, she would come to him eventually anyway, they always did.

 

 

Key had already settled in and he sat down on his bed, watching Junghee get her things in order. Mostly, it was just books and other boring stuff that she apparently had to organize on her shelves, not that much clothes. And why were there no colours in her wardrobe? It was the greyscale from left to right and back again. Key wrinkled his nose. Not a very good fashion sense. Junghee sighed.

“Is there something you would like to say to me?” she asked. Key snapped out of his thoughts.

“Huh? Uh, no, nothing…”

“Then, maybe you could find something else to stare at?” Junghee asked. “I’m not that attractive.” Key kept silent for a few seconds. Usually he would just blurt out everything and anything his brain made up at the moment, but saying: “attractive isn’t at all the word I would use to describe you” might not be the best way to start an acquaintance with your roommate for the year. Instead he said something less brutal.

“Okay, sorry, you don’t have to be so rude…” he muttered.

“I’m not the one who is staring,” Junghee calmly pointed out.

“Whatever, I’m going out for a while…” Key took his Ipod and quickly left the room. Junghee sat down on her bed and sighed. This year was definitely not going to pass by as smooth as she had hoped for.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey peoplesss! I'm back with a new story! :D 
Sooo, it sounds kinda cliché, and I guess it is, but I'm trying to make a new story out of an old, often used plot. 
Subscribe and comment, pretty please :)
I hope you'll like it !! :D



Tinkerbell :)<3