Something is wrong

1000 Years


Taemin had noticed Yuki sneak off. It was with a small sigh that he excused himself and went after his adopted Uncle. Although the hospital was a protected site, there were still a lot of supernatural beings that would take an unhealthy interest in the presence of a mortal on their plane of existence. Like Seungri, another Messenger.

Seungri was walking down the hospital corridors with a bandaged arm. They nodded acknowledgment to the other's presence. Well, to be fair to Seungri, it was their leader, GD, that Taemin needed to be more cautious of. GD was erratic and a little mad; his lucid periods frighteningly intense in their honesty and insight. And his tongue could convince you of anything.

"Little Taemin!" Seungri greeted him. "You're in Onew's band of merry men, right? And so ... how is Key?"

Taemin was taken aback. He had not thought that others could have heard of their fight with the Kuro-yurei that quickly. "He is recovering," Taemin vaguely answered Seungri.

And it was now Seungri's turn to be surprised. "He was injured? What happened?"

"What are you talking about?" Taemin tried to clarify, now suspicious and wary that Seungri had gone a little mad too.

"What are you talking about?" Seungri shot back at him, clearly now concerned for Key.

Taemin explained their Failed Whisper and encounter with the wriaths and how Key got stabbed. How Key kept being in pain because of his flows of energies within him. Seungri paled at the other maknae's retelling of the events. When Taemin asked why he was asking about Key, Seungri distractedly answered.

"Key was with us for a while."

"That can't be right," Taemin laughed in disbelief. "You guys have always been your unit of five: GD, TOP, Taeyang and Daesung."

Seungri realised his slip of tongue and debated what to say to the other Messenger. "He was with us for a while," he repeated. "We travelled with him as he learnt to the ways of being a Messenger and showed us the true power of Whispers. He was in a hard place back then. Just look out for him, ok?" And he said to himself, his eyes turned back into his own memories of that time, "I would hate for all what had happened to be a waste."

Taemin now stood with a closed and bored expression. He hated riddles; they took time to figure out. Minho was more adept with riddles. And for Taemin, if things happened then they happened for a reason. All they could do was just deal with it. He left Seungri and his riddles of Key's past - they did not concern him in that present moment - and resumed his search for Yuki.

 

 

Onew thrummed his fingers down the length of his walking stick. He stared at Key's still form and how it mirrored in Jonghyun, who was sitting next to the bed. He thought over their fight with the Kuro-yurei; of the erratic fondness for Time to go backwards; of the appearance of Yuki; and of Key's condition and how it related to who Key was in the past.

"It makes no sense," Onew muttered to himself. Minho stirred in his seat and looked over at their leader. "The Whisper had failed to form and there should not have been so many Kuro-yurei in the area too; not for a generating Whisper," he explained to Minho. "Something is wrong."

 

 

Taemin continued down the hallways in search for Yuki. He turned a corner and found himself enter a bright white room. The walls were white stone and decorated with geometric patterns. In the centre of the room was a small table with tea set out. Taemin smiled with excitement at the lithe figure waiting for him. To him, it felt like he was meeting a favourite older sister, and he ran up and greeted her with an enthusiastic bow. He wanted to jump into her arms and hug her, but he knew his place. One does not touch a god without permission and without painful repercussions.

"Taemin, my dear!" the goddess enthused, lacing her slim fingers beneath her chin; a smile on her slender, red lips. "Have a seat and drink tea with me."

"Yes Fate," Taemin bowed again and pulled out a chair.