ILYT? - Chapter 8

I Love You Teacher?

 

Chapter 8

~two weeks later~

~Christmas~

“Okay is that the last one?” Yesung asks. He and Ryeowook was finishing putting up the last decorations before it was time for their families to arrive. Ryeowook nods as he stretches. “Yep that’s everything. The rooms are all set up too.” he states. Yesung nods. “Okay. Jin and Hei are coming with your parents correct?” he asks.

Ryeowook nods. “Yep, they said that they’ll be able to make It.” he says. “So everyone will be here.” he says. Yesung smiles. “We’ll make this a great first Christmas together, okay?” he asks as he wraps him arms around Ryeowook’s waist. Smiling back, Ryeowook nods.

“Of course. Best ever.” Ryeowook says before leaning forward on his toes and kissing Yesung. Pulling Ryeowook closer, Yesung bits down on his bottom lip. As Ryeowook lets out a small gasp, Yesung slides his tongue into his mouth. Ryeowook tightly grips onto Yesung’s shirt as the kiss deepens.

Minutes later the two break apart minutes later.”Ah, as much as I wish, we can’t do this right now. They’ll be here soon.” Yesung says. Ryeowook nods before wrapping his arms around Yesung. He then lays his head against Yesung’s shoulder. “I’ll do my best to make this a great day.” Yesung says placing a light kiss against Ryeowook’s forehead.

Seconds later the doorbell rings. Unwrapping himself from Ryeowook, Yesung walks to the door. Opening it, he’s meet with Ryeowook’s mom, dad, Jin and Hei. “Hey, welcome.” he greets smiling. Stepping aside, he lets the four of them into the apartment house. “Ah, we couldn’t remember with apartment you said to go to, so we just came straight to this one.” Ryeowook’s mom explains.

Yesung nods. “It’s fine. If you knocked at that door, we would still probably have heard you.” he says as he leads them to the living room. Seeing them, Ryeowook happily bounces over to them, hugging and greeting them. Ryeowook then shows them the rooms that they’ll be in and let them sit their bags down.

Another knock at the door stops Yesung from following them. Walking back to the door, Yesung opens it to be greeted by his own family. “Hey.” Yesung greets, hugging the three as he walks out of the apartment. Leading them to his, he lets them sit their things down inside before bringing them back to Ryeowook’s.

As they begin taking off their shoes, Yesung looks at them. “So, he’s here right?” he asks. The three look at him and nods. “Yeah, he’s coming up soon, he told us to come up first.” Jongjin answers. Sighing, Yesung nods. “Okay, go right ahead and sit down in the living room. Ryeowook is helping his family settle their things. He’ll be right out.” he says.

As the three walk to the living room and sit down, Yesung walks out the apartment, shutting the door behind him. He waits in front of the door until he hears footsteps coming from the stairs. Letting out a breath, Yesung walks over to see an elder man walking up. “Hello Grandfather.” he greets as the man gets closer.

“How great of you to come out and see me to the apartment.” Grandfather says as he stops next to Yesung. Yesung shakes his head. “No need to think that way, I came out here for another reason.” he says. Grandfather shrugs as he walks toward the apartment door. “Really? Well then don’t mind me.” he says.

Before he could get to the door, Yesung blocks it with his arm. “What Jongwoon?” Grandfather asks. Yesung looks at him. “Jessica already told me what you’re up to.” he says. Grandfather tilts his head. “Really now?” he asks. Yesung narrows his eyes. “I understand that you don’t like it, but for today, you will have to deal with It.” he says. “I don’t give a damn about what you think you’re going to try later, but for today, you will not be rude and mess this day up.” he says before lowering his arm.

Grandfather lets out a scoff. “Since when does someone order around their elder.” he asks as he walks into the apartment. Yesung looks at him. “Grandfather, I’m serious. Don’t you dare mess this up.” he states. Ignoring him, Grandfather takes off his shoes and walks into the living room.

Letting out a heavily breath, Yesung walks into the apartment, shutting the door behind him. As he walks into the living room, Ryeowook walks from the kitchen carrying a tray with cups on them. Ryeowook smiles as he hands the cups out to the others in his room. Smiling a little, Yesung walks over, joining the group.

 

~~

As Ryeowook walks to the kitchen with the empty cups, Yesung follows him. Yesung wraps his arms around Ryeowook, who was putting the cups in the sink. “I’m glad to see you having fun.” he says. Turning around in Yesung’s arms, Ryeowook smiles. “Of course I am. Everyone else seems to be also.” he says.

Quickly pecking Yesung on the lips, Ryeowook moves from his arms and picks up one of the plates on the counter that had food on them. “Can you get the other plates?” Ryeowook asks motioning toward the other two plates. Yesung nods before picking up the plates and following Ryeowook out the kitchen.

As they sit the plates on the table, Yesung looks around. “I made these especially for tonight, so I hope you all like them.” Ryeowook says. The others nod. As everyone eat some of the snacks, Yesung sits down on the arm rest on the couch next to his brother.

“Ah, so you can cook?” Grandfather asks. Ryeowook nods. “Yeah I used to hang around our cook a lot when I was in elementary and he used to let me help him make the meals.” he says. Grandfather tilts his head. “Cook?” he asks. Ryeowook nods. “Yeah, we have maids and cooks.”

“Oh, Father, Ryeowook’s parents are famous fashion designers, his mom also owns her own makeup line too.” Yesung’s mother says. “His uncle and aunt are their assistants.” she adds. Yesung’s father nods. “We should totally do business sometimes. Do a collaboration with our glasses and your clothes.” he suggests and Ryeowook’s father nods in agreement.

Grandfather looks at Ryeowook’s parents. “So, who did Ryeowook spend more time with?” he asks. Ryeowook’s parents look at each other and shrugs. “I would have to say that it’s about the same amount.” his mom says. “Even though we were busy a lot, we always make sure to make time each day for him while he was growing up.” she explains.

“Yeah since I moved here for college we don’t really get a lot of time to see each other, mainly only on Christmas, but we try to talk over the phone every day.” Ryeowook says. Grandfather looks from Ryeowook to his parents. “So, do you like the way your son turned out?” he asks.

The other four of Yesung’s family immediately look at him with widen eyes. “What do you mean?” Hei asks. “I think that Ryeowook has grown up to be a fine young man. I’ve been there since he was born and his parents raised him to the best of their ability.” she says.

“Ah, okay. So they’re fine with Rye-”

“Grandfather!” Yesung calls out. “Please do not finish that question.” he says. Grandfather looks at him. “I don’t see why not.” he says. Yesung’s father stands up. “Excuse us.” he says to the others before motioning Yesung and Grandfather to stand up. The three leave out the living room and into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen Yesung immediately turns to Grandfather. “You cannot say things like that.” he says. Grandfather looks at him. “I don’t see why.” he says. Mr. Kim looks at him. “Dad, you can’t because it’s rude, okay.” he says. “They’ve raised their son fine just the way we have ours.” he adds.

“Really? Then why is it that they’re together in a relationship? It seems something wrong happened when you raised him.” Grandfather says. Yesung frowns. “Okay, I do not care that you try whatever you want to come after me, but don’t you dare insult my mom or dad just because you don’t like something!” he shouts.

“You think I care what you think? He’s my son, and you’re my grandson, I say and do what I want.” Grandfather says. Yesung scoffs. “That doesn’t give you the right to say things that offend others!” he shouts. “Especially when you don’t even know them!”

“I can say whatever I say.” Grandfather says. Yesung looks at him. “Not while you’re here! And if you don’t like, you can just leave! I will not have you ruin this night just because you don’t like something!” he shouts.

Mr. Kim looks at his Father. “Just like you don’t care what we say, we don’t care about your opinion, so stop it and keep your comments to yourself Father. It’s just like you used to tell us. If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all.” he says. Hearing Yesung’s breathing become irregular, Mr. Kim turns to Yesung. “Jongwoon calm down.” Mr. Kim says.

Taking a couple of deep breathes, Yesung shakes his head. “I’m fine.” he whispers. He then looks at Grandfather. “I’ve warned you already old man. I don’t care what you do to me, but don’t you dare hurt Ryeowook. I will not hesitate to hurt you. Grandfather or not.” he growls before walking out the kitchen.

Walking back into the living room, he sees his mom standing up. Yesung weakly smiles at her as he tries to control his breathing. “I’m sorry. It’s okay.” he whispers. His mom immediately walks over to him. “Are you sure? Jongwoon your face is paling. I don’t want a repeat of last time.” she says. Yesung shakes his head.

“It’s okay. Remember they gave me a back up just in case.” Yesung says. “I’ll be right back.” he says before moving to the door and walking out the apartment. As Yesung’s mom slowly goes to sit back down, the others look at her. “Is he okay?” Jin asks. Ryeowook tilts his head. “What do you mean by ‘a repeat of last time’?”

Yesung’s mom looks at them and smiles weakly. “Well when Jongwoon was younger he had Asthma and was diagnosed with Panic Disorder. He began to have trouble breathing and he’d begin shaking.” she explains. “He was given medicine to help him control both of them whenever they happened.” she states.

Jongjin sighs. “Yeah but 4 years ago it hit the worst. So much was going on around him and he was so stressed. One day he got into an argument with Grandfather.” he explains. “The argument escalated triggering both and when Yesung went to take the medication, but couldn’t take it in time and he collapsed. He went into a coma for three days.”

Standing up, Ryeowook immediately walks to the door. Walking out the apartment, he makes his way next door. Walking into the dark apartment, he spots the kitchen light on. Slowly he walks to the lit room. Stopping in the doorway, he sees Yesung standing there. Two pill bottles and an inhaler sat on the table in front of him. The glass in Yesung’s hand was shaking as his other hand gripped on to the chair next to him.

“Yesung” Ryeowook softly calls out. Yesung lowers the glass and sits it on the table before turning to Ryeowook and holding out a hand. Ryeowook immediately moves toward him. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asks as he wraps his arms around Yesung. Ryeowook could feel the trembling from Yesung’s body.

“I’m sorry.” Yesung whispers. “I didn’t think it would happen again.” he says. Nodding, Ryeowook steps back. “We’ll talk about it later.” he says. “Come on, sit down.” he says talking Yesung. Yesung lets Ryeowook drag him out of the kitchen and into the living room. Ryeowook turns on the light before leading Yesung to the couch and having him sit down.

As Ryeowook was about to sit down next to him, Yesung takes hold of Ryeowook’s arm and pulls Ryeowook to sit down on his lap. Yesung then wraps his arms around Ryeowook’s waist before burying his face into Ryeowook’s neck. Feeling Yesung’s irregular breathe against his neck, Ryeowook lets out a small sigh. “It’ll be okay.” he whispers, wrapping his arms around Yesung’s neck and softly caressing his hair.

 

~~

Ryeowook lets out a small breathe as he stops caressing Yesung’s hair. It didn’t take long for Yesung’s breathing to return to normal. And because he didn’t want Yesung to go back into the other apartment again right away, Ryeowook remained in his position on Yesung’s lap.

The apartment was very silent. And now that Ryeowook thinks about it, Yesung hasn’t said anything since they left the kitchen and sat down. Sitting back a little, Ryeowook looks down at Yesung to see his eyes closed. It makes Ryeowook think that he’s sleep until he speaks out.

“I’m sorry.” Yesung whispers. Raising his head, Yesung sits back into the couch and looks at Ryeowook. “I wanted to make this day great for you. Not make you worry.” he states. Ryeowook shakes his head. “It’s fine as long as you’re okay, I don’t care.” he says. He then places a soft kiss against Yesung’s lips.

“While the holiday and this gathering are important, they don’t compare to you. You are the most important thing in my life, Yesung.” Ryeowook states. Yesung smiles. “Thank you Baby.” he says. Yesung leans forward to kiss Ryeowook, but before he could, a knocking stops him.

Removing himself from Yesung’s lap, Ryeowook stands up and walks out the living room, to the door. He opens it to reveal Yesung’s mom. “Is everything okay?” she asks. Standing up, Yesung walks out the living room and joins the two. “I’m fine Mom.” he says. “Remember I have my medicine. Plus I have a new medicine that also helps Me.” he says kissing the side of Ryeowook’s head.

Mrs. Kim smiles. “I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. Everyone’s getting a little worried since it’s been 30 minutes.” she informs. Yesung and Ryeowook nods. “Sorry about that.” Yesung says. Mrs. Kim shakes her head. “It’s okay. Are you feeling good enough to come back?” she asks. Yesung nods. “Yeah, I’m fine now.” he says.

With that, Yesung follows the two out the apartment and back into the one next door. The three walk into the living room where everyone sat except Jongjin and Grandfather. “Are you feeling okay, Yesung?” Ryeowook’s father asks. Yesung nods. “Yeah I’m fine. Sorry you all had to deal with this.” he says as they sit down.

Yesung then looks around. “So, where is Grandfather?” he asks. His dad looks at him. “He decided it would be best to go home.” he says. Yesung looks at him. “Really? That’s a first. But doesn’t he have a bag in my apartment?” he asks. His father shakes his head. “No, actually he never planned to stay with us. He drove in a different car. He was just spending today with us. He has things back at the house to do.” he explains.

“Agh, that old man. Messing something up then leaves.” Yesung says and scoffs. Ryeowook looks at him before taking his hand and entwining their fingers. “Where’s Jongjin? Did he leave too?” he asks. Hei shakes her head. “Oh, he’s in another room talking on the phone.”

After a couple of minutes talking, Ryeowook picks up the plates from the table. “I’ll be right back.” he says before walking toward the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen, he sees Jongjin sitting at the table, a phone in his hand. “Hey Jongjin.” Ryeowook greets as he walks to the sink and sits the plates down inside. “What’s with the somewhat sad expression?” he asks turning to the boy.

Jongjin looks at him. “Ah, I and Sungjin are trying to plan when we’ll see each other while we’re here.” he says. Ryeowook shrugs. “Aren’t you both here until Sunday?” he asks. Jongjin nods. “Yeah, and we don’t really want to miss out on family time while we’re here. But we still want to see each other. And if we want to hang out with others, we don’t want to drag then away from their families either.” he says.

 “Oh then why don’t you just get everyone together so that you won’t?” Ryeowook asks. “This year is one of those rare years where everyone’s families decided to come here to visit. We always have a small party on New Year’s Eve for Sungmin’s birthday. Everyone will be together. We can invite the families since they’re all here.” he suggests.

Jongjin blink. “Oh, that’s a good idea. We should do it.” he says. “Now, to just call everyone to inform them.” he says. Ryeowook smiles. “Well we can wait until tomorrow to do that. Let’s not interrupt everyone right now. We can call later.” he says. Jongjin nods in agreement. “Now come on, let’s enjoy our own gathering.” Ryeowook says. Nodding, Jongjin follows Ryeowook back into the living room.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: And that’s Chapter 8. You learn about Yesung’s illness. And yes, it does come into play later in the story so watch out.

Anyways… Grandpa is finally introduced and he is not a pleasant person. -.-

So now that he’s introduced, that means that drama is on the way. Don’t know if that should be counted as a good thing or not. >.<

Anyways, that’s that chapter. Next one shall be up soon. ^-^