ILYT? - Chapter 15

I Love You Teacher?

Chapter 15

 

“So…” Donghyun leans against the desk in front of him. He stood in front of Kyuhyun and Samona who sat in their normal seats. It was the beginning of the school day and they were currently waiting for class to start. “How has Ryeowook been doing?” Donghyun asks. Kyuhyun sighs. “The same.” he says. “It’s been four days, and he just stays in bed.” he says.

“You’ve told everyone he was ‘sick’ right?” Samona asks. Donghyun nods. “Yeah, I know how the whole, everyone asking you what happened goes.” he says. “I know you two nor Ryeowook want to go through that.  He told only who he wanted to know, so I’m not telling anyone else.” he states. “Is he at least eating?” he asks.

Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah, Sungmin’s been making sure of that.” he says. “But he hasn’t been sleeping as much as he should. Any time he does, he cries in his sleep, which is even worse.” he states. Samona sighs. “It’s understandable though.” she states. “Remember this was his first intimate relationship.”

“True, but I hope he starts feeling a little better soon.” Donghyun says. “Even a little happiness will be okay because that heartache is going to stay for awhile.” he says. Samona sits back in her chair. “Our poor Giraffe.” she whispers. “I still can’t believe all this is happening. Especially to him of all people.”

Kyuhyun nods in agreement as he takes out his phone to send a message. “Well we have our eye on him. He’s not allowed to go anywhere without me or Sungmin. You know, just in case.” he says putting the phone back in his pocket. Donghyun looks at him. “It was really that bad?” he asks. Kyuhyun nods. “The second day, it hit him. And it really hit him, so hard that it made us scared to even let him use the bathroom by himself.”

Donghyun sighs. “Minwoo’s really worried about him.” he states. “We’ll drop by after school to see him.” he adds. Kyuhyun nods. “He’ll like that.” he says. As the bell rings, Donghyun stands up. “And it starts. I’ll talk to you two later.” he says. He then moves, walking to his seat.

A minute later, Yesung walks into the classroom followed by Jessica. After greeting the class and taking attendance, the two start the lesson for the day. “Well he looks like he’s going through hell.” Samona says. Kyuhyun scoffs. “Well he should.” he states. “I’ll be even more pissed if he didn’t.”

Kyuhyun was able to say something else but his phone vibrates in his pocket. Taking it out his pocket, Kyuhyun presses a few buttons. “I’ve leaving.” he says standing up. Samona looks up at him. “Is there a problem?” Looking up, Kyuhyun seeing that Yesung had stopped teaching. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. “Yes, so I’m leaving.”

“You need permission to leave during class. It’s a rule.” Yesung states. Kyuhyun snorts. “Yeah, well we’re going around breaking things already, so why not rules too.” he states. “You know what I mean.” he adds. Yesung opens his mouth before closing it again. “Actually.” Kyuhyun says picking up his bag. “I’ll see you later Samona. See ya Donghyun. Bye.” he says before walking out the classroom.

~~~ 

 

“Sungmin, I’m home!” Kyuhyun shouts as he shouts the door to his house. Sliding off his shoes, he walks into the house. Walking straight to the kitchen, Kyuhyun finds Sungmin standing in front of the refrigerator. “Hey, we’re out of ice cream.” Sungmin informs. Kyuhyun raises a brow as he walks over to Sungmin.

“What? He was acting stereotypical and eating ice cream to try and make the pain go away?” Kyuhyun asks kissing Sungmin on the cheek. Sungmin smiles at the kiss and shakes his head. “Oh no, I was the one eating the ice cream as he talked.” he says. “I offered him some, but he said no, it wouldn’t help.”

“Are you sure you offered some?” Kyuhyun asks. Sungmin lightly slaps his arm. “Of course I did. I’m not greedy.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. “Of course you’re not.” he says sarcastically. “Anyways, how is he doing?” he asks. Sungmin sighs. “Better then yesterday. He did wake up crying.” he informs. “But he hasn’t cried since then.”

Kyuhyun sighs. “Well I bought him something.” he says holding up the bag he was carrying. Sungmin motions toward the hall. “Well he’s up if you want to talk to him.” he says. Kissing Sungmin on the cheek again, Kyuhyun turns and walks out the kitchen and down the hall. Walking to a certain room, Kyuhyun knocks on the door once, before opening it.

“What?  The mighty Cho Kyuhyun is knocking on a door before entering? And his own bedroom door at that.” Kyuhyun scoffs as he walks into the room. Inside the room, Ryeowook sat on the bed against the back board with the covers over his lap. “You’re being sassy. You must be feeling better.” Kyuhyun says walking over to the bed.

“Shouldn’t you be at school?” Ryeowook asks as Kyuhyun sits down. Kyuhyun shrugs. “Yeah, but who cares. I know all the stuff.” he says. “More importantly, look what I got you to cheer you up.” Kyuhyun says holding up the bag he had and sits it on Ryeowook’s lap. Ryeowook looks at the bag for a second before looks at Kyuhyun.

“I promise it’s a harmless gift.” Kyuhyun says. At this Ryeowook casts him a suspicious look. “Promise.” Kyuhyun says. After a moment, Ryeowook nods before opening the bag. Moving the colorful paper that sat on top, Ryeowook looks inside the bag. “Awww…”  Ryeowook whispers as he pulls the item out the bag.

In his hand he held a small giraffe plush. “It’s adorable.” Ryeowook says looking at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiles. “There’s the smile I wanted to see. A mini giraffe for our giraffe lover.” he says as he raises a hand and pinches Ryeowook’s cheek. Slapping Kyuhyun’s hand away, Ryeowook lets out a breath. “Thank you.” he says. “You’re an awesome friend.”

Kyuhyun lightly shrugs. “Yeah, I know. I’m great like that.” he says with a little laugh. “Just have to prove it sometimes.” he adds as he puts the paper back inside the bag before sitting it on the drawer next to the bed. He then moves until he sat next to Ryeowook, leaning back against the head board. “So, how are you feeling today?” he asks.

Ryeowook shrugs. “A little better.” he says. “Way better then I was the day after I came over.” he states. Kyuhyun nods. “It’s understandable. And it’s okay that you reacted the way you did.” he says. Ryeowook sighs. “Is it really?” he asks. “I feel like I’m being a burden on you and Sungmin.” he says.

Raising a hand, Kyuhyun pinches Ryeowook’s ear, making him let out a whine. Slapping away Kyuhyun’s hand, Ryeowook look at him. He was about to say something but the serious look on Kyuhyun’s face makes him stop. “Don’t you ever feel that way, do you hear me?” Kyuhyun says. “You’re here because we’re best friends. And even if we weren’t, you know I still won’t mind you being here. You’re hurt, so you make the right choice of coming to those who care about you.”

Placing his arm around Ryeowook’s shoulder, Kyuhyun pulls him closer. “If it was me and Sungmin, you would be going the same thing that I’m doing now. Showing and giving as much support as a true friend does.” he says. “Heck, if it was me and Sungmin, you probably would have tried to go after Sungmin. Sure you would have lost after putting up a good fight, but hey, it’s the thought that matters.” he says.

Ryeowook lets out a small laugh as he lays his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “I’ll try to feel better soon.” he says. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “Don’t try.” he says. “Just let it happen naturally. You’ll still feel this, but that don’t mean you can’t be happy either.”

At the sound of the door opening, the two look up to see Sungmin walking into the room carrying a bowl. “Kyuhyun’s right. You can’t force true happiness.” he says walking over to the bed. Handing the bowl to Kyuhyun, Sungmin climbs into the bed, settling into the empty spot on the other side of Ryeowook.

“You love him, don’t let go of that just because of this one incident.” Sungmin says. “I believe that this can be worked out. It’ll take time, but you two love each other too much to just let it go to waste.” he says. “Just know you made the right decision. Trust me, Yesung knows that. And if he doesn’t, he will. You ended this chapter of the relationship right. Now he has to start the next chapter right.”

Kyuhyun nods. “He has to make the first move forward for this whole situation to go how it’s supposed to.” he adds. Ryeowook looks from one to the other. “Because if I do, then I’ll be stuck in the same spot, right?” he asks. Sungmin and Kyuhyun nods in agreement. “But Yesung’s so awkward. How would he even know what to do or that he has to take lead?” Ryeowook asks.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun look at each other. “That cannot be explained.” Kyuhyun says. “It’s his first time in this situation too, so he’s having a hard time too.” he says. He then looks at Ryeowook. “But just know, just because he has to make the first move for your relationship to continue, doesn’t mean that you get to sit back and relax.” he states.

“You have to work just as hard, Ryeowook.” Sungmin says.”Relationships will only stay sailing if both parties are working hard to keep it afloat. And in the end, if you sink, just know that you did your best. Proudly swim to land, dry yourself off and start all over new. But choose to stay in the water too long and you’ll drown.”

Ryeowook nods and looks at Kyuhyun. “Since when did he start using symbolism?” he asks. Sungmin and Kyuhyun let out laughs. “Starting last month and he’s not stopping anytime soon.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin looks at Ryeowook. “But you understand what I mean right?” he asks. Ryeowook nods. “Yes, I do. Thank you.”

Sungmin smiles. “And with those wise words from me, we can end the topic and watch a movie this afternoon to brighten the mood for the day.” he says turning and grabbing the remote from off the drawer on his side of the bed.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

 

A.N.: And there is Chapter 15.

I know there are long time periods between the chapters but I’m getting there.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading.