Chapter Three: Infamous Player, Siwan

Want To Bet?

Those two days passed by faster than I wished. Before I knew it, we had already packed all our necessities and left for the airport. My father and I passed through security check and waited minutes before we boarded the plane.

Upon boarding the plane, my dad reminded me, "We're going to Korea so from now on, you should use your Korean name, Kwon Jin Ae. You should also learned to start speaking Korean rather than English."

"Of course, dad." I said quietly (In English).

"You mean 'Yeh Appa'." He corrected. "Korean, Jin Ae. Use Korean."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

I was in absolutely no mood to listen to him talk about what I should do. I remained silent for the rest of the trip. It seemed like forever before we reached Korea. We got our luggage and left the airport.

"Appa?" I said, trying to get his attention.

"Hm...?" he replied, trying to get a cab.

"Where are we staying?"

"Ah, I forgot to tell you... after your mom died, we moved to America... but before we did that, we lived in a house and when we moved, I never actually sold that house."

"So... we have a house here too?"

"Yeah..."

Wow. Who knew I actually had two different houses? My dad pulled up a taxi and we got in. The taxi drove us to our house- which wasn't all that far away. My dad paid the driver and I got the luggage.

"Jin Ae?"

"Yeah?"

"You should get some sleep... you have school tomorrow~"

"What? That fast?"

"Yeah..."

I sighed and opened the door. The house was pretty big and very old and dusty. It was in need of some major cleaning. I headed upstairs and found a room with the walls painted a very light shade of purple (almost like lavender).

I gently dusted my bed and snuggled in. Even though it hasn't even been a week, I had already missed Mindy so much.

I woke up the next morning and my dad had already prepared breakfast for me. After eating, my dad took me to school. He handed me some money for lunch and my schedule.

"Kamsahamnida..." I said and then left.

As I walked down the corridor, I stared at my homeroom class.

"English? What the hell do I need to take English for?" I muttered to myself (In English).

Immediately after saying this, I hit someone. 

"Mianhae! Jeongmal mianhae!" I apologized quickly.

I look up to see a boy with black hair and in school uniform. His eyes stared deeply into mine.

"Eh? I don't think I've ever seen you in school before? Are you new?" he asked.

I heard people around us whispering. "Ah... I'm a transfer student. My name's Kwon Jin Ae."

"Jin Ae? That's so beautiful. You can call me Siwan." he replied with a wink.

The girls in the hallway all squealed in happiness when he did that. He turned around and walked away. A girl came up to me and greeted me.

"Jin Ae? Is that your name?" she asked. "I'm Jung Hae Young."

"Nice to meet you, Hae Young." I said respectfully.

"So I see you've met Siwan..." she began. "Be careful around him."

"What do you mean?"

"He's the school's... infamous playboy."