Chapter Seventeen: Rollercoaster

Want To Bet?

When he left, I quickly ran back to the closet to let Hyun Seung out. When I opened the door, he stumbled out and fell on the ground.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

He rolled over on his back. "Didn't I tell you? I'd get claustrophobic?"

I looked at him, shocked. I thought he was just teasing me. "Ah... mianhae. Gwenchana?"

He closed his eyes and and put his arm over them. "Gwenchana."

I crouched down next to him. "Hyun Seung..."

With his eyes still closed, he spoke. "Hm...?"

"I think I'm in love with Si-"

"Don't say it. Don't say it. If you say it, then I have to give up."

I closed my mouth and didn't say another word. After a few minutes, Hyun Seung sat up from the ground.

"You're going on a date with Siwan?"

I nodded.

"You're REALLY going to go? What if I say I don't want you to go? What if I said I wanted you here with me? Would you stay?"

"Please don't do this to me Hyun Seung. Please don't make the situation more complicated then it already is."

Hyun Seung grabbed me by my shoulders and put his head on my forehead.

"Hyun...Seung?"

"Don't go..." he whispered softly. "Please don't go. Jebal."

I felt troubled. What should I say? Is there something I can say that won't hurt him...?

"I... I am going to go. I already promised him."

I got up but Hyun Seung grabbed my arm and pulled me into his embrace.

"No! Hyun Seung! Get off!"

I struggled with all my strength but nothing seemed to get Hyun Seung off of me. Although he was acting like this, when I looked him in the eyes, I saw nothing but sorrow. Even when he didn't look at me, I felt like his eyes were piercing into mine--- filling it with guilt.

"Mianhae Hyun Seung..." I whispered, hoping he could feel the sincerity in my words.

After a few minutes, Hyun Seung released me and said, "I won't give up."

I nodded--- it was the least I could do, right? He got up and walked out of my house. I looked at the clock. I still had about 90 minutes before Siwan would get here. I got up from the ground and went to the kitchen to fix myself something to eat.

Afterwards, I headed upstairs to get changed. What should I wear? A dress? Too girly. Some random casual clothes? Semi-formal? Formal? It took me a long time to decide what to wear. At the end, I put on this:

I stared at myself in the mirror. Perfect~ Wait. Why did I worry so much about what I wore on this date? I mean it shouldn't matter what Siwan thinks... right? Ugh. I hate myself for beginning to fall in love with him.

I stared at the clock. Oh my gosh. Did I really take that long to dress myself? I ran downstairs.

DING DONG~

Here already? I opened the door.

"Hey Jin Ae~ Are you ready?"

"Um... yeah." I replied softly.

I grabbed the key and locked the front door.

"What movie are we seeing?" I asked, starting a conversation.

He smiled. "We're not~"

Huh? I stared at him confused. Didn't he say he won movie tickets and we were going to go see a movie?

"Where are we going?"

"The amusement park~" he laughed as we drove off.

***

When we got there, it was completely crowded. He held my hand and we walked in together. I could tell he was excited. I couldn't believe playboy Siwan would be so excited over rides at an amusement park. I giggled at him. He looked so childish.

"Come on! Let's ride that one!" he said, excitingly.

He pulled me along and I went along with it. We rode just about everything in the amusement park. I had so much fun. When it was about sunset, he took me to the last ride that we did not ride.

"We're riding this... rollercoaster?"

He smiled. "Yeah~ You scared?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right!"

"Don't worry, if you're scared, you can just hold on to me!" he winked.

I chuckled. "In your dreams~"

I looked at the line. We were next. I could feel my heart thumping loudly and my hands starting sweating. I was scared. I didn't especially like rollercoasters. Although we've already rode so many rollercoasters, this one was the largest, the highest, the scariest.

I took a deep breath. Get a grip, Jin Ae... I can do this.

Siwan and I took our seats in the rollercoaster. I wanted to run away right now but I didn't want Siwan to think I was a scaredy-cat. The workers came around and put the bar down on us. I gripped it tight. I hoped this ride would be over soon.

"Aren't you excited, Jin Ae? This ride is supposed to be amazing~"

I gulped. "Y-yeah. Excited."

Siwan smirked as the ride began taking off. The climb felt like it lasted forever. I felt like my heart was going to explode. As we reached the top, I couldn't take it anymore.

"OK! OK! I'm scared!" I shouted over to Siwan.

He grinned. "I already knew~"

He grabbed my hands and I squeezed my eyelids shut.

I screamed as we dropped.

This is hell. LET ME OFF!!!!

When the ride was over, I was never so happy to have my feet touch the ground.

He lifted me off the ground. "Come on, Jin Ae. Let's sit down over there."

I nodded. I felt dizzy. I couldn't walk straight so I pretty much leaned on Siwan as much as I could.

At this second, I could care less if he knows I like him or not. I just wanted to stop feeling this bad.

Thanks Siwan. If you knew I was scared, why did you let me ride it!