Chapter Nineteen: Jealousy Burns In My Heart

Want To Bet?

I went to school early the next day, only to find Siwan surrounded by girls. I felt heartbroken. Didn't we have a moment yesterday? Why is it now that he is flirting with girls?

Kwon Jin Ae, remember, he is a playboy.

I felt my tears filling up my eyes as I tried to hold them back. I walked off to class. Hae Young walked up to me as she noticed my teary eyes.

"Gwenchana?" she asked.

"Yeah... Gwenchana." I lied.

I wiped my eyes dry in time as Siwan walked into the classroom. Hae Young hurried to her seat, seeing that Mr. Jang walked in behind Siwan. When he came in, he looked at my me and I knew that he instantly knew something was wrong.

I avoided Siwan the rest of the day too. I didn't want to see something I didn't want to see. At lunch, Mr. Jang pulled me into his classroom.

"Okay, spill it. What's wrong?" he asked.

Straight forward... "Nothing-"

"There must be something. This morning you look like you were going to cry!" he insisted.

"It's... It's-"

"Siwan isn't it?" he finished for me.

I nodded reluctantly. "I thought he liked me and now he's flirting with all these girls..."

Hyun Seung hugged me. "You know I'm always here for you right? Why do you insist to be with him? Be with me. I love you. I love you way more than he does! I'll treat you better!"

I pushed him away. "Love can't be forced. I can't just stop loving him, Hyun Seung. You're a genius. You should know."

"I do know but I don't want to believe in it. I-" he tried to say.

I put a finger up to his lips. "Sh... You'll find someone better. I know it."

Hyun Seung gave me another hug. "You're so special. If he doesn't treat you better, I'm stealing you away from him."

I forced a smile. "You're always be my special friend."

I walked out of the classroom. I went to go find Hae Young. As I walked down the hall, I saw a girl that I didn't know, wrapping her arms around Siwan. I gasped silently and dashed pass them.

It's not like I didn't know what he was before the bet. This is my fault for falling for him. If only I could go back in time, I'd stop myself from betting or knowing him.

After school, Siwan pulled me outside, alone.

"Yah Siwan!" I shouted.

His grip was hard and it hurted. I struggled some more, using my other hand to pry his hand off of me.

"Siwan! It hurts!" I shouted again.

He let go and turned around to face me. "Why?"

"Why what?" I asked, confused and irritated.

"Why did you ignore me all day?"

"Why did I ignore you? Why did you flirt with all those girls in front of me?"

"Flirt? I didn't! It was them! They came to me!"

"Then why didn't you reject them?"

"Why do I have to? They aren't hurting anyone!"

'Not hurting anyone? They are KILLING me.' I thought painfully.

Siwan stared at me and grabbed my hands. "I love you. I only love you."

"I- I can't do this. Please just let me go. The playboy side of you is only hurting me." I pleaded.

Siwan stared at me. "Wait... does this mean that you like me?"

I shooked my head quickly. "I don't like you."

"Then why am I hurting you?" he asked.