Chapter Eleven: Guilt

Want To Bet?

I arrived home and found a note my dad had left behind. On the note, he explained that he was going to be going to the eastern part of Korea for a business trip. This meant I was going to be alone for awhile. I slumped down on the couch.

In just a few minutes, I fell asleep. In my dream, I met my mom. It was perfect--- until I woke up. I got up and glanced at the clock.

"8:26pm..." I whispered to myself. "He should've already left... right?"

With this, I walked to the kitchen and fixed myself some porridge. Porridge was easy to make and didn't take much time. I grabbed some leftover rice and boiled some water.

I kept unconciously glancing at the clock. "8:52... 9:38...10:13"

I had this uneasy feeling in my chest. Somehow, my heart was telling me that Siwan was still there. I finished dinner, and I put the rest of the porridge into the fridge. Then I laid on the couch trying to focus on something else- anything else.

"Siwan..." I couldn't get my mind off of him. "He... I know he's still there- in my heart."

I grabbed a coat and ran out the door. The feeling of purposely leaving him was seriously hurting me. I coudln't get rid of the feeling of uneasiness. I ran to the park where we agreed to meet. The temperature was seriously cold. I rubbed my hands together to keep the warm.

I got there and my eyes scanned the park. There was no one here. I walked around and then I saw him. Siwan was there. He laid on the bench, shivering, and almost unconcious.

"SIWAN!" I shouted, out of worry.

I shook his body and he was breathing heavily. I grabbed his arm and put it around my shoulder.

"Come on, Siwan. Let's get you some warmth."

He gave me such a faint and weak smile my heart almost broke.

"You... f-finally came..."

My eyes were becoming teary. Damn, I hated myself for being such a jerk to him. I pulled him along, supporting him. I had to admit. Him waiting for me for so long had touched my heart. I decided to bring him to my house. It was empty after all.

I set him down on the sofa.

"Siwan," I said, trying to wake him up. "Answer me!"

He fluttered his eyes open a little bit. "You... came."

"Why didn't you just leave when I didn't show!" I said, eyes tearing up again. "You should've left..."

He gently put his hand to my face. "I knew you were going to come."

His eyes closed again. I shook him some more.

"Yah..." I said quietly. "Come on. You have to eat something..."

He nodded gently. I looked at him. He looked so helpless. I left for the kitchen and heated up some porridge. When it was done, I sat him up on the sofa.

"Here. Open your mouth." I whispered.

He obeyed. I kept feeding him until he was finished with the porridge. After cleaning up the dishes, I rely to find him unconcious again. I grabbed his hands and felt his face. They were both ice cold. I rapidly ran upstairs and gathered as many blankets as I could find. I brought him upstairs and laid him down on my bed. Then, I proceeded to tuck him in.

It was Friday night and I was supposed to be getting a good rest- but instead, I was busy taking care of Siwan.

Oh well, I guess I deserved it.

I held his hand and I fell asleep next to him- my head on the edge of the bed.

Please be alright... Siwan.