Chapter Twelve: Doubtful

Want To Bet?

When I woke up the next day, I found myself on the bed. Wait- what?! Where's Siwan? I sat up sharply and looked all around. No sign of him...? Was it a dream? Suddenly, I heard a loud crash downstairs.

"Siwan...?" I scrambled out of bed and rushed downstairs.

" !" I heard him shout.

I peered around the corner and he was grabbing his hand tightly. On the ground a few feet from him was a pan with some burnt egg. I laughed quietly and he looks up.

"Oh... Jin Ae. You're awake..." he muttered.

I smiled and shuffled over next to him and took his hand. I took a look at it, gently turning his hand around and around. His hands were very soft. I looked at the burns he just got from trying to cook an egg.

"Babo..." I giggled.

"Yah! I was just trying to make you some breakfast!" he defended.

That was so sweet of him. "But shouldn't you LEARN how to cook first?"

He pouted at me. I pulled him over and ran his hand through some ice-cold water. He winced painfully. After a few seconds, I turned off the faucet.

"Now let's get you bandaged up~"

I led Siwan to a small closet. I pulled out the first aid and grabbed some medicene and gently applied it to his skin.

"APA!" he shouted. "APA APA APAYO!" (A/N: Apa(yo) = it hurts)

"Of course it hurts... you burned yourself!" I chuckled.

He continued to pout cutely. "It's not funny..."

I quickly proceeded to bandage it. "There!"

"Kiss it. Kiss it to make the pain go away!" he asked whined.

I laughed. A kiss on the hand wouldn't hurt so I ever-so-gently pressed my lips to his bandaged hand.

"All bette-" I began to say, looking up at him, but I froze.

Siwan had leaned in towards me. He was so close, I could feel his breath go down my shirt.

"Jin... Ae?" he asked quietly. "You really don't like me...?"

EOTTOKHAE?! I didn't know what to say.

"This is a trick question." I replied, softly.

"Trick question? How?"

"If I say yes, you win the bet. If I say no, you'll be hurt. What am I supposed to say?"

"You don't want to hurt me?"

"Why would I?"

"Don't you hate me?"

...and we're back at square one. There was absolutely NO WAY to win with Siwan. I looked at the suddenly ever so interesting floorboards.

"Jin Ae... Do you hate me or do you like me? You say you hate me but your actions say you like me..."

I blushed. "Th-They don't!"

Siwan hugged me tightly. "Ah~ Kwon Jin Ae... You're so adorable when you're embarassed!"

I was shocked by his hug. It wasn't forceful or too tight, it was just perfect. Before I knew it, my hands came up behind Siwan's back and wrapped around his waist.

"So you do like me..." he chuckled.

Realizing what I just did, I gave him a push and ran away. That was so embarassing. Yah, Jin Ae! Control yourself! You won't fall for him!

That was what I told myself but I had lost my confidence. I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart but it wasn't working. Aish. Am I in love with him? IMPOSSIBLE.

When I regained my strength, I went back to find him. He was sitting on the bed, thinking about something.

"Siwan," I said, trying to get his attention.

He looked over. "You're back, Jin Ae!"

I let out a small chuckle. "Come on, get dressed! The sooner you get dressed, the sooner you can leave!"

"Why do I have to leave! There's no one home anyways..." he whined.

I laughed. "You aren't really thinking about staying here... are you?"

He nodded quickly and I shook my head 'no'. Then, he rolled up into a ball on my bed and started fake crying.

"It hurts! It hurts! I'm so weak! I'm going to die~ Save me! Save me!"

I giggled at his childish behavior. "Yah! Siwan! What are you doing?"

He peered over at me laughing. "I don't want to go..."

I walked over to him and sat down by his feet. His eyes stared into mine making me a bit nervous.

"You can't stay here forever..."

Siwan shrugged. "So? Can I stay here till Monday? Hm...?"

I looked at the calendar hanging on the wall. "But it's SATURDAY. If you stay till-"

He squatted on the bed and his head lean in front of mine, planting a small kiss on my lips. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't. It wasn't because I had no strength. It was because I didn't want it to end.

When he pulled away, I was at a loss for words. "S-Siwan? What are you-"

He swings his legs off the edge of the bed and puts his left arm on my shoulder.

Then, with a warm smile, he looks into my eyes. "I think... I think I love you."

I felt like time stopped. "Don't lie, Siwan."

"I'm not lying. I think I'm in love with you."

"There's no way. That bet-"

"That bet was only for YOU to fall in love with ME. I never said anything about me falling in love with you."

I thought about it.

"Want to bet?" he repeated.

"On what?"

"If I can make you fall in love with me this month, I win. If you don't, you win. Loser has to do whatever the winner says... for an entire month." he stated.

Because I was completely confident in myself, I believed I would never fall for him.

"GAME ON."

No way. It was true? ...was this a trap? To make me fall in love with him? Can I trust his words?

Questions of doubt filled my head and I didn't know how to respond. No, I didn't even know what to THINK. 

I didn't even know what I truly felt towards Siwan. Of course, I always said I hated him and stuff but the truth... what did I really feel in my heart?

Love is so confusing...