Back in Seoul

A dark past

No One's POV

She took off her sunglasses as she pulled her luagge and stepped out of the departure hall. Seohee was back in Seoul. After a full 3 years, she was finally back. Oh how she missed Seoul. Her childhood memories and everything. She would have spent the 3 years here if that incident didnt happened. If her parents were still alive. If her sister wasnt paralyzed. If she didnt get....

"YAH SEOHEE! Are you listening!" her sister,Yoomi, waved her hand as she wheeled herself beside Seohee. 

"Nae?" Seohee snapped out of her thoughts.

"It feels good to be back in Seoul right!"  Yoomi stretched her arms and smelled the fresh air.

She smiled. Well, to Seohee, it was good to be back for sure. She pushed her sister and flagged for a cab. Their housing was already settled as their aunt had helped them buy a house, knowing that they would be back to Seoul soon. 

"seoul street 68, purple highland estate, thank you" seohee said as the cab driver helped Yoomi up the vehicle.

Seohee stared out of the window as she started thinking about the past. Life in Amercia was fine. Everything seemed perfect for a moment. Everything WAS perfect until that night. That night that changed her life, no longer cheerful nor talkative. She's no longer the seohee everyone once knew. She cried every night, blaming herself for everything that happened. The loss of her parents. The loss of her sister's leg. The loss of seohee's happy personality. No one could ever imagine what would happen to a girl at the age of 15, 3 years ago.

"APPA!! UMMA!!" Seohee stood there crying. Blood was everywhere. Her sister was unconscious. Her leg was however stuck under something heavy.

Yes, the house was robbed. 

"well well, we have a guest here." she turned around. There were three masked burglars. 

"get her!" the one who seemed in charge, commanded.

"who are you and  what have you done to my family!" seohee hissed.

"oh well, nothing much, its revenge for what your father had done to my family" he said as touched seohee's cheeks

"dont touch me, you !" seohee struggled.

 

"seohee!!" she felt someone shook her shoulder.

"still thinking about the past huh?" Yoomi asked. 

Seohee avoided her sister's eye contact. She didnt feel like answering her question.

"seohee-ah, i know its hard to get over it. But what's done is done. Nothing can change the fact. I hope when we can start anew, now that we are back. " Yoomi comforted as she placed her hand on her lap.

A tear rolled down seohee's cheek. Nothing can help me get over the past. Nothing. Nothing. Nightmares every night. How can she get over it so easily?

Seohee faked a smile and nodded at her sister.

Moments later, they arrived at their apartment and entered it. Everything was so clean and neat. 

"i will take the bigger room!" Yoomi exclaimed.

Sometimes, it seems as though Seohee was the elder sister and Yoomi was the younger sister. How seohee wished she could get over the past but she couldnt. She couldnt.

"I will take the room opposite then," Seohee said as she walked towards the room.

The room was purple. Purple was her favourite colour. She unpacked her items slowly. She came across the photo album. All her happy times. How she missed it so much. She flipped through it and laughed to herself as she realised how lame and childish she was. However, a photo caught he eye. The photo was taken a day before the incident happened. She took it out and framed it up.

appa, umma, saranghaminida

"Seohee-ah! Let's go get dinner shall we!" Yoomi shouted from her room.

seohee smiled as she knocked on her sister's room. 

 
"Kaja unnie!" She pushed her sister out of the house and walked towards the nearby cafe. 
 
"Unnie, do you want mocha or coffee and cheesecake or blueberry cake?" I asked as we approached an empty table. 
 
"I will get coffee and cheesecake! Oh and less sugar!" Yoomi smiled.
 
Seohee simply nodded and she left her sister alone while she went to order the food.
 
"Hey watch where you are going, you little girl!" A guy said as Seohee bumped into him. 
 
"Mianhae!" She bowed. There was something familiar about the guy. His eyes. She shook the thought off as she walked towards her sister. 
 
"here you go!" Seohee said, smiling. 
 
When there was food, Seohee would brighten up. It was like her cure to sadness. 
 
"So you are going to Woolim high right?" Yoomi asked. 
 
Seohee nodded and she sliced her cheesecake. 
 
"Try and make friends alright!!" Yoomi exclaimed.
 
Seohee simply nodded again. She didn't know what to reply. She just wanted to study hard and earn money to allow her sister to go for treatments and everything. She didn't want her sister's dreams to be crashed just because of her legs. She didn't want to trust anyone. 
 
As soon as they finished eating, they left the cafe and decided to rest for the night. Tomorrow would be an important day for Seohee. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is the end of chapter one! i am sorry if its like rushed or short or something. I guess the start of everything is boring. /bows/

I will not be revealing what happened to Seohee until sometime later... /smirks/ I am really sorry if its short!!! 

oh and a big thank you to  YAKSOKHAEMiki  for being my first subscriber!! 

do comment and subscribe!! THANK YOU \^O^/