Lucky Break

Special Someone (CURRENTLY EDITING)

Rewritten and published
17 September 2013
Tuesday 13:51

 


 

I thought that being a trainee meant that I could see the idols every day, unless they’re away. I guess I was wrong. I won’t get to see them often.

Well, it’s okay. It’s nice to see exo just once in a while. I’ll anticipate the next meeting, and I know the next meeting will be a happier one.

 

 

 

Being a non-Korean girl placed me at a disadvantage. I heard other trainees would pick on you. Thankfully I knew how to speak Korean, I’ve been studying in Korea, and I think I’m quite easy-going. I shouldn’t think too much about this, I should just focus on training, so that I can debut! Like Baekhyun…

 

 

Finishing the last mouth of the measly meal they’ve given me, I left the cafeteria for the dance studio. I never really liked dance, until I saw him dance onstage. He wasn’t the best, but it didn’t matter, I didn’t admire him for dance.

Dance wasn’t the least bit bad, except that I didn’t dare to talk to others, but they were nice enough to talk to me. Out of the students in my class, I knew two. Those two shared a dorm with me. The one with the fairest skin, Miri, and the extremely skinny Jinchan.

Strangely, my dance class only had 6 students and we had to start by learning a new dance; the other classes had up to 10 or more students and got to learn the dances by seniors. Though I felt special, I was quite envious of the class beside mine as when I was on my way to the toilet, I heard them dancing to ‘MAMA’.

 

Then after the long hours of dance training, we were allowed to take a break before vocal class.

Honestly speaking, I liked acting more. I got a feeling that I got into SM by looks. I couldn’t dance, and I was having a flu on my audition day. Still, I passed the first round. I got past the second round and didn’t even had to go for the third. Since I was young, SM wanted me to study. I suppose I could get a bit of acting by taking acting classes, like Yoona.

When I was refilling my water bottle, Victoria happened to passed by. She queued up behind me and waited patiently. After I was done, I moved aside and gave her a smile. She reacted in the most unexpected way.

She gave me a shocked look and said, “Are you the new trainee? The one who just joined around two days ago? What was your name again…”

I nodded silently and gulped.

“They were right! You are pretty!” I felt that she sounded quite bimbotic while saying this.

Honestly, I felt flattered. I thought that she was really pretty too. Moreover, she was a member of the famous f(x). I smiled shyly and replied, “Thank you very much sunbae.”

“You’re welcome!” She beamed at me, “And I allow you to call me eonni, we’re friends now. Foreigners should look out for each other. Work hard, alright? You’re already so close to debuting, don’t let the chance go by!”

Debuting?

“Aright. Then I’ll be off to my next class.”

“Sure!” Victoria said and paused to think, “_____... _____, right? I think so, fighting!”

She knew my name? I gave her a smile and ran off.

 

I was the last person to reach the classroom, but no one was annoyed or anything. Thankfully.

After placing my bottle on the table at the side, I stood beside the tallest girl. At first I found her familiar looking, then I remembered that she was from my dance class too!

I looked around and noticed that everyone in that class was in my dance class too! I believed that there ought to be some significance in it, but class was starting and I had no time to dwell about that.

 

The first thing I did when vocal training ended was to sit down somewhere. I chose the area in front of the mirror and leaned against it, so I wouldn’t see my tired face. I’ve always thought that vocal training was just singing non-stop. Obviously I was wrong. We were even made to run the stairs!

I hoped that running would really help me in singing, since I wanted to be able to sing like Baekhyun.

The tallest girl then came over to me. Actually, I was afraid that she wouldn’t like me. She looked really fierce, but she smiled and sat beside me.

She even spoke to me in a friendly tone, “Your name is _____ right?”

“Yes.”

“Great. You know, you really are gorgeous. Guess those weren’t just rumours. You’ll make the perfect visual for our team. You’ll probably get the nickname ‘second Yoona’.”

Second Yoona? No, I couldn’t. Even if I were to be a second Girls’ Generation member, I hoped that I could be Taeyeon. I heard that Baekhyun liked her.

“Thanks, I guess.” I laughed.

“Hello, my name is Jaeli, and I’m your leader.”

“My leader?”

“You know, the leader of a group?”

I laughed again, “Why would I need a leader?”

She laughed too, “Listen up, we’re going to debut soon.”