30

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

{Part 2}

Sora held her breath. The steps were distinct and getting closer. They sounded like they belonged to a person who knew exactly where they were going and that was in the grimy dungeon she and her siblings were being held captive. She released a breath as soon as the person revealed them self. There was a huge pouring of light coming in from the far end of what seemed like a man-made, underground dungeon. It took a few seconds for her to focus her eyes but she would have recognised that wicked smile from anywhere.

“You filthy waste of space!” Sora screamed. She struggled violently, desperately trying to find a form of release so she could launch on Satan and claw his face out.

“Let me go so I can destroy you! Where’s Kai? What have you done to him?” Sora continued her rant however, Satan merely looked amused and waited till Sora’s voice was simply no more. Soft whispers only managed to escape her along with hot salty tears.

“There, there sweetheart,” He cooed with mock, “Daddy’s here now and he’s going to make it all better.”

Sora spat at his feet in disgust which only infuriated him.

“Do not test my patience young lady!” He scolded, “You’re lucky to still be alive! I’d have you quartered for that vile behaviour.”

She looked at him with all the hate and venom she could muster up. The sight of her so-called father made her sick. With a snap of Satan’s fingers, the dungeon was lit up with various wooden torches. Sora looked around properly and finally took notice of her siblings.

Two girls and a young boy in the middle. Their ages seemed to range from seventeen to late twenties. Sora looked at them pity, evaluating their sunken eyes, bony limbs and tired expressions. How odd that they hadn’t aged at all, Sora had wondered.

“Now you all better listen carefully,” Satan began, “The prophecy will be fulfilled tomorrow night when the red moon rises at its highest. Things will go smoothly. I want no funny business; I have waited centuries for this moment and now, it will commence.”

Sora looked in confusion. She still had no idea what the prophecy was all about. Satan tilted his head towards her and gave her a sinister smirk.

“Oh, I’m guessing you’re wondering what I’m talking about, is that right?” Satan said in a patronising tone, “Well, I might as well inform you. Tomorrow night will have the sacrifice of a witch, a son and daughter and last of all, the vessel of an ancient evil. You, Sora, are that vessel and let me tell you now; there is no escaping so you would do better to start accepting it.”

Satan his heel and walked out, the torches going out so there was only a small glow of light in the far corner.

A witch?

Son and daughter?

A vessel for an ancient evil?

She was even more confused than before. What had Satan been rambling on about? She head the small whisper of her sister nearby.

“Sora...heh, that’s a pretty name.” The voice rasped.

Sora managed a thank you with a soft tone, “I don’t understand what he was talking about.”

Her sister sighed before revealed the answers.

“I am the daughter, he is the son,” She gestured gingerly to the boy chained beside her, “She is the witch,” She pointed a finger to the last sibling, “And you are the vessel.”

“What does that mean? Why is that so important?” Sora asked.

“The prophecy...it summons a forgotten evil. An evil so powerful and hated that its existence has been buried and covered, until now. Satan is going to summon it through us. He will extract the daughter’s, son’s and witch’s soul. The souls will be a gift, a trade in fact for this evil. The evil will then consume the vessel, live on in her body and she will rule over Hell and Earth.” The sister explained.

Sora took in a deep breath and closed her eyes.

 

The throne room was almost demolished. The walls had cracks and chunks torn and left on the ground as rubble and dust. Satan was still going strong but Sora could feel the other three weakening. Even though she could heal the odd injury, it took a lot out of her to be able to do that. She had just about managed to heal the gash on Chen’s side when he had jagged rocks thrown at him.

“You might as well give up!” Satan taunted, “This battle will only end in my favour!”

“Not on your life!” Kai retorted, levitating a large broken piece of pillar and shooting it across the room towards Satan.

Satan had managed to act quickly and stop the pillar mid-air and it dropped with a thunderous thud on the cracked floors. He sighed dramatically, “Well this is hardly fun anymore...”

A twinkle in his eye alerted Sora. He was up to something very malicious. He began muttering under his breath and wind seemed to sweep from all directions.

 “What’s happening?” Sora cried.

Aria looked worried and even more alarmed the rest of them. “He’s...he’s trying to...” Aria gasped, “ Sora! Kai, get her out of here! NOW!”

But it was too late.

Sora’s body convulsed and writhed against the dirty floor.

“What did he do?” Chen cried. Satan now stood with pride and triumph.

“He’s gotten inside her mind. Move back! Sora is lethal with the wrong kind of thinking! She has Death’s Touch; she’ll kill you!” Aria cried.

Kai refused to move. He held onto Sora carefully until she stopped moving. She breathed evenly in his arms but when she opened her eyes, they were empty. Kai almost dropped his jaw at the sight.

There was an echoing voice in Sora’s head.

Kill him.

Sora’s head turned to look at Kai. She titled her head, evaluating the creature before her before her hand snapped up, grabbing his throat.

There was an unbearable burning sensation at Kai’s throat and he choked helplessly, wheezing out Sora’s name, coaxing her to stop.

“Fight him Sora...” Kai wheezed. Sora watched in wonder as her fingers were able to burn away Kai’s skin. Agony and pain made Kai dizzy. There was no stopping Sora.

“Kai!” Chen cried in alarm, watching his friend wither away.

A sudden jolt to Sora’s side shoved her into a corner, her head banging against the wall causing her eyes to swim with stars and soon reality slipped away.

 

Sora began to sob uncontrollably. She couldn’t make any proper sound, just the same wheezing noise that Kai made when she had put him through torture.

“What’s wrong?” Her sister asked.

Sora gasped between her cries, finding it hard to breath, “I—oh my god—I killed...I killed him!”

Her sister could offer no words because she could hardly find the words that could even begin to heal a broken heart.


 

 

O_____O

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN

 

P.S. Please don't harm me for this.