3

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

 

Sora looked at the clock and then at the children who were lazing around on the sofa, eyes on the TV, yet their heads were bobbing, clearly tired and sleepy. She clapped her hands and announced, “Okay munchkins, time for bed”

Minhyuk groaned and sat up properly, shaking his head, “No. I’m not tired yet. I’m not”

Sora gave him a stern look. “Minhyuk, that comfy bed of yours is missing you. Let’s go and give him a hug”

The little boy sighed and jumped up from the coach. He shook Mika as he did so, trying to bring her back to life. “Come on you fatty. Time for bed”

Mika whined in annoyance and simply rested her head on the arm rest, curling up into a secure ball and ignoring the rest of the world. Her brother rolled his eyes and just walked away, clambering up the stairs and going straight into his own room.

Sora sighed and decided to pick Mika up, letting her head rest in the crook of her arm as if she was a baby. “Ugh, you’re really heavy” She muttered under her breath as she struggled to go up the stairs.

Going to Mika’s room, Sora kicked the door open and laid down the girl on her pillow and covered her in her blanket. There was a blood curdling scream coming from the room across. Sora assumed it was Minhyuk’s room. Without a second thought, she rushed to his room.

The door was closed. Shut tightly as if bound to the wooden frame.

“Minhyuk! Open the door” Sora demanded. There were more cries and sobs.

“No. I’m sorry.” His small voice sobbed. The beating of Sora’s heart heightened and she rattled the door frame; doing everything she could to shove the door open. There were sounds of objects tumbling, like everything was being shaken up and tossed around recklessly.

Suddenly, it fell open. Her body feel through into the room and scanned the area.

Minhyuk was sound asleep, in bed, where he was supposed to be. Sora stood frozen, not sure if what just happened really did happen. Her hand held on to her forehead in distress. Maybe she was going crazy. Nobody just imagines screams of pain and ricochets of what seemed to be a warzone.

Sora went closer to Minhyuk. He was softly snoring, the blanket covering his entire body, only allowing his head to peep out. She sighed aloud, trying to calm down her pumping heart.

A crash from downstairs made its way to her ears. She didn’t make a move. The terror in her was eating her up; fear consumed her thinking ways and now she had an irrational mind.

“It’s nothing” she whispered to herself. “Absolutely nothing”

The hairs on her neck stood on end. A pulse of chills ran through her spine as she felt like something touched her. More as if fingers were her hair. But it only happened once.

Sora turned round towards the door. She couldn’t stay cooped up in Minhyuk’s room until the parents arrived. That would be silly. Putting a brave face on, she went down to the living room. The TV was still on and so she decided to take her mind off of things and watch something.

There was a comedy on and so she thought it would lighten up her mood.

Half way through the show, Sora began to feel uneasy again. Her stomach churned in an uncomfortable manner and her nose was assaulted by the smell of something atrocious. Her eyes only instinctively looked around, wanting to determine the vile smell.

The floor boards creaked. The sound seemed to be coming from all around her, surrounding her in fact.

“Hello?” she said aloud. It seemed like the right thing to say at that moment.

“Minhyuk? Mika? Are you up?” Sora once again announced aloud. There was no response to any of her questions.

Her head jolted to the TV screen when she heard a shrill, static like scream. It lasted for a few seconds but the effects of it were severe. Sora whimpered slightly, regretting taking the babysitting job in the first place.

What made her feel even worse was that scream seemed to be shouting out the name ‘Kai’.

 

The parents came home in the next half hour. By then Sora was ready. She had her coat on, her bag on her shoulder, ready to leave as soon as the pair walked in through the door.

The mother came in smiling, obviously a bit happy due to a couple of drinks. “Oh, were the kids good?”

Sora smiled, “Yep, they were fine really”

“That’s great” Mrs Kim rummaged through her bag and brought out an envelope of money, “There’s an extra ten for staying back later than planned”

“It’s alright” Sora quickly said, pocketing the money. Her feet were itching to leave, make a run for it. Never would she set foot in that house again.

“Well, I’m pleased” the mother said, “I hope you’ll be able to do this again”

Sora gave her a tight smile. As much as she like Mika and Minhyuk, there was no way she would agree to a next time. The next five minutes were excruciating but she made it out.

She walked down the path and pushed the gate hastily. She looked back at the house. It was a normal house, the most normal looking one on the street. But whatever was inside there was disturbing and frankly devilish.

Sora was glad to be out. At her own home, she would relax the rest of the evening.

 

Mika stood by her window, looking out into the dark. She was saddened to see Sora go. She had liked the babysitter a lot.

So did Kai, Mika thought to herself cheerily. Her head tilted at the other figure following the gravel path down the houses front lawn. She smiled a very toothy smile as her lifted her hand to waved enthusiastically at him.

“Bye Kai” Mika whispered as she watched his figure disappear with Sora’s.