21

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Sora tried struggling away from the thing behind her but Satan’s grip on her arms were proving to be stronger than she thought, and the more she wriggled, the more his hold on her tightened. The pain was slowly becoming excruciating. She feared for her life at that moment. Would she die right there?

“Let me go!” Sora desperately called. A chilling, dark chuckle emitted from Satan, finding her actions more than amusing.

“Say please.” He taunted arrogantly. Sora grumbled within herself but still said the word. Even with that, Satan didn’t release her.

“I’ve been looking for you for a while dear, and so has that traitor, Kai.” Satan casually recited, sparking a small interest in her. So Kai was looking for her.

She decided she had to do something to get away from dictator behind her. Her arms thrashed and she tried everything to try and harm him so that for a split second she could weaken him and leap away. But he held her firm and was not even fazed by her restrained attacks.

Sora calmed for a second. She wanted to do what she had done before a few days back with that demon that popped up at her front door. She wanted to burn Satan’s skin to ashes and dust. Everything was heating up; her skin was turning raw pink as her temperature rose. Steam was trailing off her in curled wisps. She had no idea what she was doing but all the anger pent up inside her was being concentrated on one thing.

Satan’s hands were feeling uncomfortable by the second. He watched in curiosity, almost oblivious to the effect Sora was having on him. Her skin was scorching his hands bit by bit. The heat emanating off her was suffocating and thick.

Satan let out a cry of agony as he retracted his hands so suddenly.

“What did you do to me?” Satan roared. Though Sora hadn’t burnt him to meaningless decay, his hands were raw and burnt. The smell of burnt skin made Sora gag momentarily as she stumbled away from him. She rushed to her room as quick as she could and locked it securely.

She then dragged her chest of drawers up against the door for extra strength.

Satan stood quite collectively, as he allowed his hands to heal. He could see the skin reforming as if nothing had happened. “You can’t hind from me Sora. That’s no way to treat your father!” He called, walking towards her bedroom door with meaningful steps, “I guess we have to discipline you then”

Sora ran her hands through her in a panicked state; there was no way she could defend herself against Satan, nor was there anywhere for her to go. She was trapped in her own room. Jumping out the window was out of question since she was too up high. And she doubted it would take long for Satan to charge through her door.

“Oh god, help.” She whined to herself.

Suddenly an arm wrapped around her stomach from behind and a palm clamped over . Her yelps and cries were muffled and she struggled vicuosly.

“Shh, calm down Sora.” A voice whispered in her ear. His voice lighted up her eyes and she froze up.

“Good, we’re going to transport now so don’t let go.”

His soft command eased her up and she tentatively grabbed on to his arms for extra measure. The door burst open and Satan walked through, all high and mighty. His eyes widened at the scene before him before his face became crimson with anger.

“Kai! You give her to me!” He bellowed but it was too late. Kai had transported him and Sora out of the bedroom and into another country. Satan was left with nothing but wafting fragments left behind that were nothing now.

 

The streets were empty and there was no company for the pair apart from the glowing moon. Sora jumped away from Kai and stared at him for a good few seconds, finding it hard to believe he was there in front of her.

“Wh—how did you find me?” She rasped. Kai remained stoic and shrugged; now that he was engaging with her properly, the annoyance and the betrayal he felt came rushing back and the scene of her leaving him.

“It wasn’t easy, let me tell you that.” Kai looked around, “Hurry, I know a place we can go”

He grabbed a hold of her wrist and pulled her along.

Sora kept her head down, feeling weird vibes from Kai that just made her feel guilty and dejected. They kept walking until Kai stopped in front of a door. Upon opening it, it revealed a small bedsit. It was nothing special; only containing a bed, makeshift kitchen and another door Sora presumed led to the bathroom.

“This place has a spell on all its perimeters. This room is practically off the grid for humans and Satan.” Kai explained, “I guess you and I are stuck here for a while.”

He sat down on the bed and his lips subtly smirked. His palms were placed on the bed slightly behind him as he watched Sora’s every move. She shuffled awkwardly towards a wooden chair against the wall opposite Kai and sat down gingerly.

“We’ve got a lot of hours to kill,” Kai began, “So why don’t we start on how you ran away?”

He nodded his head to Sora, expected her to speak. She cleared but couldn’t look him in the eyes. “You were going to hand me off to Satan at some point and I wasn’t going to wait around for death to come knocking,” She argued in a mumble, “I don’t want to live like that.”

Kai kept silent before standing up. He walked over to Sora and paused before her. With a move of his hand, he pulled her up to her feet, looking down into her eyes.

“I’m going to say this once so listen carefully,” he muttered, “I will not let you die.”

Sora held her breath as her hands slid up to rest on his chest. “Promise?” She whispered.

“I promise.” Kai confirmed, before taking into his own.


expect heart wrenching next chapter 

wink wink

;))