12

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

 

He left the door unlocked. Sora couldn’t believe it. She had pushed and pushed, provoked and manipulated every single button that belonged to Kai. He had simply come in with her daily meal. Unfortunately, it had rapidly led to another eruption of an argument. Voices were raised at the top of their lungs and vigorous hand movements were motioned. At one point, Kai was thrown against the wall again and this time, he wasn’t so amused.

“The little kitten is unleashing her claws” He stated so maliciously. His eyes were jet black, so black that light was devoured by the darkness. Sora felt queasy and unsure of if she should have pushed him so hard. Part of her was glad, triumphant in fact but her leg faltered slightly, wanting to cower back away from Kai. He was in front of her within seconds, grabbing her forcefully at her arms.

Kai’s fingers were rough and calloused against her skin; the tight grip her had on her was uncomfortable. She struggled to free herself way from him but that only made things worse. A low growl rumbled through his chest and throat as he watched her futile attempts to rid herself of him. It only angered him more.

“Get off me!” Sora wailed, fighting off a pained whimper clawing off her tongue. Kai’s smirk was devious and filled with discontent. There was something so dark about him that it scared Sora.

Through clenched teeth, he seethed. “You, do not, talk to me like that” Kai said firmly, taking extra precautions to clearly pause in between his words so Sora understood very clearly. He released her arms, throwing them back recklessly before shoving past her. He stormed out the room, slamming the door behind him.

Sora listened for the clicking sounds of the door but it never came. She wondered if he was still out there, standing there to just cool down. But he never did come in. Minutes had passed and it was now well over an hour.

She was sure of it. He left the door unlocked.

There was no way she would stay in that room any longer than she had to. Sora redressed into her outdoor clothes and wore a large hoodie, with the hood up. It covered most of her face and she was sure that she would be unrecognisable enough to sneak out. With that, she turned the door knob slowly.

It creaked slightly and she cursed as of the small sound would be heard by Kai from wherever he was. She pulled the door cautiously, sticking her head out to see an empty hallway. The temperature out in the hallway was much higher than she could have possibly imagined, but she wasn’t about to let it put her off. She needed a way out of this hell hole.

Not far along the hallway was another door, with unclear, thick windows fitted in to let only a fraction of the light to stream into the hallway, illuminating the miniscule dust floating and dancing in the air.

“This is it” She muttered to herself. She was finally out of here. She would go home first—no, she couldn’t. Kai knew where she lived. She would go to the police station first. She needed protection from whatever that thing was; whatever Kai was because she knew for sure, that he wasn’t human.

Those eyes were to evil and dark to be human. The fact that he was around her for so long and she hadn’t seen him at all was disturbing even to think about it.

The final door was open and Sora was not at all prepared for the scene that lay before her. She could barely make out where she was but the resemblance was there. She was standing in the doorway of the house that it had all started in. The house that belonged to Mika and Minhyuk, and their parents.

Except, it didn’t look like it. The lawn was burnt and left to become disappointing dust and the tree was falling apart, rotting away with pieces of it sinking into the dirt. Sora took uncertain steps out into the open, turning around to look at the house.

Some of the windows were shattered and some were just about settled in their worn out frame. The brick work was chipped away, looking run down and tired. One side of the house had a gaping hole, with the murky window nettings fluttered in the humid air and bits of wallpaper sneaking out. It was nothing like the family home she had witness not too long ago.

Why was she here?

That was all she could think about.

Sora looked around her, shocked by the state of everything. It was all so destroyed and weathered away. It seemed like an absolute ghost town. But she was wrong, so very wrong.

Sora was being watched and she could feel pairs of eyes on her, making the hair on her neck prick and send alarming tingles down her back. Maybe she should have stayed in the room. It was better than being out here.

“Look-ey here Sol, we got ourselves some dinner” A menacing voice interrupted her thoughts. Sora jumped back and spun around to face the source of the voice. Two warped figures were standing before her. They looked somewhat human but there were off elements about them that made Sora disregard that thought.

They had sharpened, pointed teeth that they bared in a disgusting grin. Razor like talons on their hands, a dark blue colour and the slight peeping of curled horns were rooted amongst their long, brown locks.

“Oh, you’d be perfect. Just enough meat on the bones, ain’t that right Ping” The other snickered sinisterly.

“Back off alright” Sora threatened, trying not to let fear take over her voice. “I may be small but I’ll blast you into oblivion if you come any closer!” Sora put her hands up in front of her protectively.

Sol frowned childishly and he and Ping shared the same look. “We only want to play” Sol whined, “We like watching our food sing as we feast off of them”

Ping laughed heartily and snarled at the end, coming off intimidating and terrifying to Sora. “Exactly,” Ping chorused, “Besides, who wouldn’t want a bite off of Satan’s last child”

The two laughed again as if they had said the funniest joke known. Sora looked at the pair, worried for her safety and confused as to what the hell they were saying.

Before she could question them further, the Sol and Ping braced themselves, verging on pouncing and tearing off Sora’s limbs one by one and draining every last bit of her blood. Sora flinched and scrambled to run back into the house.

A loud and dominant growl came from behind her. She almost cowered away with fear. What had she done so bad in her past life to bring such misery to her. Her head whipped back and she wasn’t sure if she should be scared or relieved.

Kai stood there, looking past her and straight at Sol and Ping. She knew there would be a whole lot of trouble now.


I hope you like it...

I don't know what to think of this chapter...hmmm...

 

 

Thank you for all the lovely comments! I read all of them and the support and advice is just amazing! THANK YOU! ♥