38

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

Sora was having trouble concentrated. She has specifically called for the General to update her on their status. The Earth world was wracked with fear. Most humans were in underground hiding but she would allow them to feel that false sense of safety for now. Governments were in turmoil; they were bickering with heated tones over what their next step should be, but they knew it would be the end. There was nothing they could possibly do to protect themselves against something so unknown and vicious.  While the General relayed his information, Sora was quick to dismiss him.

She had that sick feeling again and she wanted to be rid of him as fast as possible. Nobody was to see the Empress at such a weak state. Once in her room, she trudged to the joint bathroom, evaluating her appearance in the mirror.

Her face wasn’t as sickly as she was feeling. Just slightly pale from exhaustion. Her hair hand been combed thoroughly and tied secured back because it had begun to tickle and irritate her skin. Her lips were still bright with colour with the way she had kissed Kai the previous day.

And immediately, that thought had led to her mind being consumed by the said demon.

She hadn’t seen him at all since their heated discussion. A different servant had brought in her food and attended to her chambers and needs. She scowled at her reflection, noticing the disappointment in her eyes. She would get attached to Kai. She would absolutely not.

Sora had no time for affectionate relationships or the baby growing inside her. She was in the middle of a war—well it wasn’t much of a war when she knew who would be victorious.

Even so, he didn’t want her. Sora told herself that. She didn’t mind that he had used her body though, for she had to admit, it was enjoyable. Too enjoyable.

Sora sighed and swallowed a tall glass of water, hoping that was all that would come out if she had to heave.

Her ears pricked in alarm when she her door open and close. Her mind flashed an image of Kai but she immediately put it away. This pregnancy was doing odd things to her brain. Sora left the bathroom and there stood Kai, by the door with his hair dishevelled and eyes tired with the lack of sleep.

“I didn’t realise it was in your job description to slack,” Sora said snidely.

Kai’s jaw ticked and his nails dug into his palms. His shoulders were tensed with the attempt to stay in control and not do anything rash.

“Do you have anything to say to me?” Kai asked in a low, intimidating voice. Sora almost looked surprised but contained herself.

No, he didn’t know. He couldn’t.

Sora remained confident and waltzed by him to her vanity table, taking off the silly trinkets that adorned her wrist and neck.

“I don’t think I do. If that’s a—”

“Don’t ing play with me Sora!” Kai bellowed, his patience wearing thin due to his insomnia.

Sora almost jumped. Her chest was pounding abnormally and her palms were beginning to get clammy. This reaction of hers was unheard of. She was usually so collected and calm; it was the way she gained an upper hand. She stood straight and looked at Kai through the mirror in front of her.

He was furious; livid at the fact she was keeping such a big secret from him. Did he not have a right to his own child, regardless of Sora’s status?

Sora pursed her lips, looking down as she was unable to look at him any longer. The fierceness of his gaze just made her stomach turn. She had never seen such a hateful look.

“You already seem to know so why do you need me to say it?” Sora challenged. She sniffed and straightened up once more, turning to face Kai with more confidence. She wouldn’t let him make her feel like that.

“How about to merely give you the chance to tell me personally, rather than having to find out from someone you barely know?” Kai suggested, saying his words slowly but heavy with venom.

Sora exhaled, knowing exactly who he was talking about.

“She had no right in telling you,” Sora retorted.

“Maybe it’s a good thing she did because who knows if you would have ever,” Kai attacked.

“That’s not fair! Of course I would have! Just because I have a reputation, doesn’t mean I am incapable of actually car—”

Sora stopped herself from speaking. She bit down on her bottom lip and cringed, watching the way Kai’s features scrunched up into a frown.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Sora dismissed. She bit her tongue and refused to say anymore.

Kai stared at her sceptically. Their argument had died down for a bit. All that could be heard was their breathing and the distant noises of bustling cities through the open window.

“What are you going to do?” Kai finally asked.

Sora looked up at him. The uncertainty was evident in her eyes and she thought she was going to panic all of a sudden. She suppressed the feeling and looked down at her stomach.

“I…I don’t know,”

“What do you mean? Are you going to keep it?” Kai demanded.

“Don’t you want to?” Sora threw back.

Kai was silent. Did he?

He wasn’t sure. He knew nothing about being a father and didn’t really have the best childhood either, so there were no references. He could barely imagine bringing up a child, especially with all the arguing and disagreements.

“Right,” Sora finally said, “You’d much rather have a child with her.”

She referred to the previous persona she once had, the one she couldn’t remember.

“I never said that,” Kai defended, his brows knitted with confusion, “Why are you bringing that up?”

“Because it’s true,” She sighed, throwing her hands in the air, “Well, don’t worry. If my calculations are correct, then this child is a direct result of yourself and her.”

“For crying out loud, Sora! This isn’t about you or me. We need to do what’s best for our child,” Kai huffed in frustration, “And whether you realise it or not, this child isn’t the product of what you were previously. It’s yours; still the same DNA that courses through its veins.”

Sora turned away from him, staring far off out the window. She had never looked at it that way. All this time she hadn’t actually acknowledged that she would be a mother. She felt like a surrogate but perhaps was Kai was saying was true.

“Hey…are you crying?”

Kai had suddenly appeared before her. She looked stunned by this and quickly rubbed her cheeks till they were dry.

“No! I don’t cry!” She replied desperately but there was a definite crack in her voice. When had she become so weak?

He sighed softly and took her face in his hands. She tried to shake him off but he was so persistent.

“Tell me why you are crying?”

Sora sniffed and scrunched her eyes, “Because…I’m having a…baby. I’m having a baby.”

After such a long period of scowls and glares, Kai smiled at the statement. He gently pulled her in and placed his lips on her forehead. Sora felt a spread of warmth across her; it was like nothing she had ever felt.

“What do I do now?” Sora said in a quiet voice, just this once, allowing herself to need Kai.

“Nothing. You don’t need to do anything. I’ll take care of it,” Kai promised.

They stood in silence for a while. Sora had made the mental decision that she wouldn’t do anything to Aria. She also would let herself indulge in Kai’s hug a while longer.

Her head shot up and she looked at Kai seriously, “Don’t you dare tell anyone I cried!”

Kai smirked and laughed under his breath, “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Good, because you know what I’m capable of right?” Sora reminded.

Kai unconsciously recalled the moment when he had felt the full force of Sora’s lethal power; it was like his whole body was on fire and he was beginning to disintegrate.

“Oh I do.”

Somehow they had managed to move on to the bed. The pair laid on top of the covers in silence, relishing the peace.

“Kai?”

“Hm,”

“What are you doing as a servant?” She asked, “I know what you do, what you really do…so what are you doing here?”

“I’m here to bring you back to me,” he said simply.

Sora frowned, “Are we going to have to go through this again?”

Kai caught her lips in his mouth. His thumb across her chin, pulling down at her bottom lip. Sora couldn’t help herself. She kissed him back, cradling his cheek.

“You don’t get it do you, Sora?” Kai said when he pulled back, “I already have you.”


 

 

Hello everyone.

There's something I just want to explain by what Kai's last words mean. Just because really..

Well, the thing is, the 'old' Sora is supposedly still present within this 'new' Sora because the prophecy was never really completed.
Sora is always sceptical about this 'old' Sora because she thinks that she can never go back. The thing is, which Kai has figured out, the 'old' Sora managed to mix with the 'new' (EVENTUALLY) and he realises and accepts that she can never fully go back, BUT he cares for her enough to still be with her.

So yeah, Sora isn't 'new' or 'old'.

 

Anyhooo,

check out my blog:

Three Years - Competition 

I think you will want to!!